When you have a wide range of tools to power and a mix of jobs to complete, you may be thinking an air compressor will be a good addition to your garage, and you would be right! However, you may be wondering what size of air compressor will suit you best. There are so many shapes, sizes and weights that it can be difficult to know which one will best suit you. 20 gallon air compressors are a great in-between if you are a serious DIY-er or if you have a commercial garage because they offer plenty of power and capacity without being too heavy to move and transport.
If you want to find the right 20 gallon air compressor for all of your industrial tasks, keep reading. We here at Surf’n’Buy have three of the best options on the market to suit a range of needs and provide you everything you need in terms of power and convenience. We also have a small section on why a 20 gallon air compressor would be particularly right for you, so don’t forget to check it out!
Top 20 Gallon Air Compressors
1. DeWalt DXCMPA1982054
With a range of PSI pressures of between 40 and 155, the DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 air compressor offers powerful airflow to run any tool and pump any tire. The 20 gallon tank offers plenty of capacity so you won’t run out of air during longer projects. With a solid cast iron body, this air compressor can withstand many knocks and bumps without losing pressure.
With attached pneumatic wheels, although heavy at 166 pounds, this air compressor is easier to move and transport than most so that you can use it around the job site as needed. The dual voltage motor can be used with 120 volt outlets or converted to work with industrial 240 volt outlets for maximum versatility and power.
The quick set regulator reduces refill times and the working pressure gauges give you real time readings so that you can ensure the right pressure for your project. With simple to use controls, the DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 is an easy air compressor to use for both home DIY and professional construction jobs.
- With a wide range of maximum PSI pressures, you can power any tool or pump any inflatable with ease.
- The high 155 PSI pressure allows you to use this air compressor with any tool.
- The attached pneumatic wheels make transporting much easier as there is no need to lift the heavy body of the air compressor when moving from A to B.
- With a convertible voltage input, the DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 air compressor is perfect for both home and professional use as you can adapt it to a 240 volt outlet.
- The quick set regulator keeps refill times to a minimum so you can keep working without waiting for the tank to fill up.
- The easy to use controls give you the power to change the pressure and quickly turn the air compressor on an off.
- The gas powered motor gives you maximum efficiency and power.
- The cast iron body is incredibly durable, perfect for busy work rooms.
- This air compressor is very heavy and although the wheels make it easier to move, it may still be difficult for some users to transport.
- The DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 requires its own 15 amp circuit, which can make it difficult to use in some circumstances, especially if there are several tools working at one time.
- The tank can take a while to fill up when starting and this may reduce the power at initial use.
If you are looking for a high value 20 gallon air compressor, the DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 gives you everything you need for both home and professional use. The solid cast iron body is incredibly durable while the high PSI pressure allows you to power any tool. Convertible to both 120 volt and 240 volt outlets, you can use this air compressor almost anywhere and the attached wheels makes moving around the site quick and easy. Although a little heavy, this is one of the best value air compressors available on the market today for all of your construction and DIY needs.
2. EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS
The EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS is a powerful 2 HP air compressor capable of up to 125 PSI so that you can power the range of tools you need most. With a two cylinder pump with solid copper winding and low amp draw, you have plenty of capacity so that you don’t run out of air and efficiency is maximized.
The solid steel body and heavy gauge steel cylinders, cylinder head and valves makes this an incredibly heavy duty air compressor capable of taking the knocks and bumps of everyday life on the worksite. The oil free design reduces the need for maintenance whilst keeping everything lubricated and working at its best.
The dual intake filtration increased the refill speed and reduces noise, making the EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS up to 80% quieter than standard air compressors so that you can continue to concentrate as you work. Quick connectors simply slip on and off the valve so there is no need of fiddle with screws. The corded electric motor is quick and easy to turn on and there is no need for oil or gas canisters which cost more. At only 110 pounds and built with attached wheels, this air compressor is quick and easy to move around the work room as needed.
- With up to 125 PSI, you can power all of the tools you need to get the job done.
- The two cylinder pump provides maximum airflow and reduced refill time so that there are minimal delays as you work.
- The solid copper winding and low amp draw keeps working quickly and efficiently to make this one of the most reliable air compressors on the market.
- The solid steel construction is durable and reliable, no need to worry about falling debris or hard knocks.
- An oil free design means little maintenance and high efficiency, saving you time and money.
- The dual intake filtration system reduces maintenance and noise.
- Up to 80% quieter than most standard air compressors, the EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS is one of the quietest on the market.
- Quick connector valves are easy to use and save time.
- The corded electric power system simply plugs in and gets to work.
- The lightweight design and built in wheels makes movement easy.
- This air compressor does not reach the high PSI levels as other models in this guide and may not be suitable for more demanding tools.
- The pressure can drop quite significantly when using highly powered tools due to the lower PSI level, which can make some tools difficult to use.
The EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS is a high powered, highly efficient air compressor with minimal fuss which gives you everything you need to get the job done. The solid steel body and steel gauge components are incredibly durable and guarantee that this is an air compressor that will last. Oil free and with minimal required maintenance and up to 80% quieter than standard models, this is a no mess no fuss kind of air compressor to suit both home and commercial air compression needs.
3. Eagle EA-6500
The Eagle EA-6500 air compressor is an incredibly quiet air compressor with a low amp draw and oiled components which increased the lifetime of this air compressor up to four times more than oil free models. With a 2.5 HP peak and a PSI capacity of 125 units, you can power all manner of tools without issue. The oil free piston pump reduces the need for maintenance and keeps this air compressor working at high capacity all day.
At 132 pounds and fitted with eight inch flat free tires, the Eagle EA-6500 air compressor can easily be moved around the job site without worrying about flat tires on rough construction site terrain. The low RPM motor reduces noise, heat and friction so that you don’t lose energy to other aspects of the air compressor and maximizes efficiency. The dual air intake increases the capacity and reduces the wait time between refills while the lever type drain valve makes draining the pump quick and easy. With stainless steel braided discharge tubing, your tubes are completely protected and highly durable.
The integrated control panel has an adjustable pressure regulator and a push to lock button to keep the motor running as you work. With sleek steel pressure gauges, you can easily read the pressure at all times. The quick couplers allow multiple tools to run at once so that you can work with a colleague.
- With up to 125 PSI pressure, you can power all manner of tools you need.
- Incredibly quiet, you can maintain clear communication in your workspace without having to shout over this air compressor.
- The oil lubrication reduces wear and tear from overheating and friction.
- The oil free piston pump reduces maintenance in some areas.
- Lightweight and fitted with flat free wheels, the Eagle EA-6500 air compressor is easy to move around as needed.
- The dual air intake reduces waiting times for refills and keeps this air compressor working hard.
- The easy lever drain valve makes maintenance quick and easy.
- The steel body, components and braided tubing is durable and reliable.
- The couplers allows you to work with a friend so the job is done faster.
- The low RPM reduces noise and increases efficiency.
- With an integrated control system and clear readings, this is one of the easiest air compressors to use and read.
- The maximum PSI pressure is not as high as the DeWalt, so this air compressor may struggle with some tools.
- This air compressor is still 132 pounds, so it is not the lightest available on the market.
For a high quality, low maintenance air compressor which is easy to move around the job site, look no further than the Eagle EA-6500 air compressor. This a highly efficient machine which makes maintenance incredibly easy and provides you everything you need in terms of power and capacity. Although a little heavy, attached flat free wheels makes transport easy whilst the integrated control system makes using and controlling the pressure simple.
Why to Consider 20 Gallon Air Compressor?
Air compressors can be used for a great range of tasks, such as inflating up a paddling pool, pumping a car tire, or powering pneumatic tools. 20 gallon air compressors are great for both commercial and home use because they offer a great deal of air and power but are not so big as to be difficult to move and store. Smaller air compressors will need to stop and refill quite often, which is why a 20 gallon option is a good option for those with a range of tools or tasks, or who need to use the air compressor for longer jobs. They provide a lot more capacity for many different tasks so that you can ensure you can get the job done without having to wait between uses. They can last up to 20 to 30 years, making them incredible value for money and allowing you to develop your DIY skills.
So, that’s all for 20 gallon air compressors. These are incredibly powerful machines that give you everything you need in terms of power and efficiency. If you are looking for a home use air compressor, the EMAX Compressor HP02P020SS is perfect for you because it’s lightweight and easy to maintain. However, if you are looking for something with manual lubrication, the Eagle EA-6500 air compressor is also a great option. On the other hand, if you are looking for a commercial style air compressor, we here at Surf’n’Buy highly recommend the DeWalt DXCMPA1982054 air compressor as it reaches a much higher PSI than other options.
Surf’n’Buy hopes to have helped you find the 20 gallon air compressor that is the perfect addition to your garage and look forward to seeing you in the next guide.