When your car has a flat tire, or your kids want to blow up the paddling pool, sometimes a foot or hand pump just isn’t going to cut it. So, what’s the solution? The solution is an air compressor. These handy devices pull in the surrounding air and express it from one, focused nozzle that will blow up anything you need in minutes. Not only that, but they’re a great tool to have in the garage if you use pneumatic tools or need something like an air gun to help you maintain and look after the rest of your tools. The possibilities for use of an air compressor are endless. Even if you don’t use it for one thing today, having one opens the possibility for use tomorrow.
If you’re thinking about buying one, we promise you won’t regret it. To help you make your choice, we have found three of the best air compressors available on the market today. These air compressors offer a range of uses and great durability so that you will get everything you need.
Top 3 Air Compressors for Home Garage
1. Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor
The Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor is made with a cast iron pump to ensure durability and longevity when working in busy workspaces. With a big bore cylinder combined with a greater bore and stroke, it is built to provide you with the best performance every time. The large 1720 RPM pump and low amp draw makes this air compressor one of the quietest on the market, but also allows for a greater displacement and reduces the chances of a tripped breaker or premature motor failure.
These features combined make the Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor one of the most reliable on the market today. The oil lubricated, cooler running pump reduces wear and tear as well as the level of required maintenance, meaning that you won’t have to spend excessive amounts of time making sure your air compressor is working at its best.
- Built with a number of features, including a cooler running and oil lubricated pump and a cast iron pump body, this air compressor ensures longevity and durability, this air compressor is made to last.
- The big bore cylinder provides a greater bore and stroke to provide you with maximum performance even at the lower RPM rate, optimizing the performance of this air compressor.
- The 1720 RPM pump is much quieter than standard models, so you won’t be distracted while you work.
- The low amp draw ensures reliability, reduced risk of ripped breakers and reduced risk of motor failure, so you can get to work and keep working.
- The one year warranty reassures you that you are covered for parts and failure so that your air compressor is always in working order.
- With a strong handle built into the body, you can carry this air compressor without too much fuss.
- At 60 pounds, the Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor is one of the heavier options on the market, so may not be as portable as other options and may be difficult for some users to carry.
- The battery may run out quickly during prolonged use, so an extra battery or a mains outlet is recommended to keep the air compressor working all day.
- The pressure dial is made from plastic and some consumers have noticed that it is prone to damage and breakage.
If you are looking for a top quality air compressor that will suit a variety of needs and provide maximally optimized performance, then look no further than the Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor. Although this compressor is slightly heavier than most, it is built to last a lifetime. The innovative design provides you a high level of functioning whilst also having a lower maintenance requirement and overall being one of the quieter models on the market. For those of you who are just getting your first air compressor, or even if you need a professional model, the Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor will cater for all of your needs.
2. EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor
The EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor is designed to be oil free and incredibly low maintenance so there is no need to worry about spills or constant upkeep costs with this air compressor. The heavy duty direct drive induction eradicates the need for belts or pulleys, so you don’t have to think about adjustments or changes when using the air compressor, it will simply adapt to your needs. This air compressor can work in temperatures as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit or -10 degrees Celsius, so it is suitable for use in all areas and at all times of year. The ultra quiet design reaches only 61 dBA, ensuring that your work space is quiet so that you can concentrate.
The control panel is conveniently places, giving you everything you need right at the front of the body of the air compressor so that you won’t have to go hunting for gauges or connectors when wanting to get started. The compact roll cage design and built in handle makes transport and storage incredibly easy. The 40 pound body makes this model the lightest on our list so that you can move it around as and when you need it.
- The oil free design means that your workplace will be free from leaks and your maintenance costs will be practically non-existent.
- The low maintenance design means no upkeep costs and no need to adjust belts or pulleys, because the EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor doesn’t need any in order to provide top performance.
- Able to handle the lowest of temperatures and work incredibly quietly, you can use this air compressor any time, anywhere, and you won’t even notice it.
- The lightweight body and easy to transport design means that you can take the EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor anywhere you need it.
- The convenient control panel puts everything you need at your fingertips so you won’t waste time trying to find the right gauge or fiddling with connections.
- The low intake means that this air compressor may not be good for large tanks or tools, so keep this in mind if you have particularly large requirements..
- The EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor does not include hoses or nozzles, which will need to be purchased separately for an extra cost.
When looking for a top quality air compressor that is easy to transport and offers you a high level of performance, look no further than the EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor. This air compressor is capable of working at the lowest temperatures and requires almost no upkeep, maintenance or adjustments and makes almost no noise. This makes it perfect for a beginner or for those who simply want to get up and running. The control panel has everything you need right in front of you and as one of the lightest models on the market, the EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor is easy to use, easy to maintain and easy to use so that you don’t even have to think about it.
3. STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
The three gallon capacity of the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor makes it suitable for almost any tank. The oil-free design requires very little maintenance and the induction motor life cycle guarantees more than 1000 hours so that you can rest assured that this air compressor is built to last and wont let you down.
The stainless steel body is both durable and light, making sure that this air compressor is built to last. The rubber reinforced handle and 44 pound body makes moving and transporting the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor as easy as possible, so you don’t need to worry about managing a heavy air compressor every time you want to use it. Running at around 65 decibels, the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor is also incredibly quiet to reduce irritation and allowing you to concentrate on other things.
- With three gallons of capacity, the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor is built for even the toughest of jobs and won’t let you down.
- The oil-free pump reduces both maintenance costs and the regularity of maintenance overall so you don’t need to worry about whether or not this air compressor is durable.
- The stainless steel body is both resilient and light to make transport easy.
- With a guarantee of over 1000 hours, this air compressor is one of the most long lasting on the market, so there is no need for replacements.
- The 44 pound weight and comfortable rubber handle makes transporting and movement easy, so you can get the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor where you need It to be.
- The 65 decibel volume is quieter than a household vacuum, so it won’t bother you as you work, allowing you to maintain concentration.
- The STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor requires some assembly when you first receive it, which can be irritating to some who wish to use it straight away.
- There is no built in coil to allow you to wrap up the wire and plug, which can be a tripping hazard when trying to move or store the air compressor, so keep this in mind.
If you are looking for an air compressor that is the best of the best, you cant get any better than the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor. The high performance and high intake makes it suitable for almost any job, so you don’t need to worry about whether its capable of working with your project. The oil free and low maintenance design is easy and quick to look after, minimizing upkeep costs so that you can just get up and running straight out of the box.
The lightweight but sturdy design is strong enough to take a few bumps and knocks whilst still being light enough to be easy to move and transport. The built in, reinforced rubber handle makes moving even easier, so there’s no need to try to fiddle with picking up the air compressor from the body itself. If you are looking for the best air compressor on the market, you can’t get much better than the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor.
What is Meaning of CFM?
CFM is short for cubic feet per minute, or cu ft/min. it is the measurement of the velocity at which air flows in or out of a space. CFM is usually used in terms of how fast a machine can cool down. However, in terms of an air compressor, it is the amount of air which will be expelled from the compressor during use. This can usually be changed with the dials on your air compressor, but it is important to understand the maximum CFM your air compressor is capable and how much CFM you need to power certain tools. By taking note of this measurement, you will be able to find the right air compressor to suit your needs.
Power Source: Oil vs. Oil-Free
Air compressors take in air via a piston and then compress it into a storage tank. This requires lubrication to keep the piston working at maximum efficiency and this is usually where oil is used. Oil free air compressors use either a pre lubrication such as Teflon, or a permanent lubrication. The Teflon coating or lubrication protects the pump and keeps everything in correct working order. However, an air compressor which requires oil will need regular maintenance to keep the oil at the right level, where an oil free model will not. Although the later is very useful because it requires less regular upkeep, it may run into problems as this lubrication begins to wear out. Oil requiring models may take a little more work, but they can be maintained and lubricated much easier to keep the control of the maintenance in your control.
Motor and Tank Capacity
Generally speaking, the bigger the tank and the motor capacity of the air compressor, the more power it has and the more output it can provide. This is important especially if you are using your air compressor to power tools or use for bigger tanks. However, if you are using the air compressor for a smaller project or for home use, this might not be so important. Divide the number of gallons of the tank by 7.48 and this will give you the number of cubic feet of air inside the tank.
You also need to make sure that you understand the PSI that your tool needs in order to understand the motor and tank capacity you require from your air compressor. For example, a tool that needs 90 PSI to run will need around 15 cubic feet of air per minute in order to run it. If you only have a one gallon tank, you may only be able to run such a tool for half a second. By doing some calculations on the tools you want to use before you buy an air compressor, you can make sure that you won’t run out of air and that it will perform all of the tasks you need it to.
Oiled air compressors are generally much less noisy than oil free versions, which is important to consider in terms of the work space you will be using it in. if you need to concentrate or work in a particularly quiet space, an oil air compressor may be the best option for you. Different models have different levels of noise, so make sure to check this out in our product descriptions above to make sure you know what you’re getting into when you buy your new air compressor.
Proper care and maintenance of your air compressor is essential to make sure that it keeps running properly and that you get the most use out of it. The maintenance requirements will be different depending on the model you buy and instructions will be given in the owner manual, so keep this in a safe place so that you can refer to it later.
The maintenance of your air compressor depends on the model and lubrication source you use. Models which require oil will need a little more maintenance than oil free models because the oil will need to be changed regularly and depending on how many times the air compressor has been used. The user manual will explain how to do this and when, so make a note of this when you first buy your air compressor and keep track of when this needs to be done.
Always drain away moisture from the tanks every time you finish using the compressor as this will reduce the pressure on the inside of the tank and allow it to take in more air. Clean the vents regularly, especially if you use the tank on a daily or weekly basis and change the air filters when needed to prevent malfunction.
Campbell Hausfeld 25′ Air Hose (PA117701AV)
Many air compressors do not come with an air hose included, so it is always a good idea to buy one with your purchase, or even to have a spare so that you are never caught short. This air hose is a standard model that will suit almost any use you need.
Campbell Hausfeld MP284701AV
Different tanks will require different nozzles. If you want to make sure that you are covered for the full range of options, a comprehensive accessories kit will give you everything you need in one useful toolbox. This saves you the time trying to find one, or trying to adapt one to fit a different attachment.
WYNNsky Air Compressor Hose
If you need a particularly long air hose but don’t want to deal with one, a recoil hose is a great option. It is easy to store away due to its coil design, but offers you all of the length that you need when in use. This air hose wont take up a lot of space but will offer you everything you need in terms of stretch and workability.
Good Year 12185 Rubber Air Hose
If you need a particularly high performing and durable air hose, the Good Year rubber air hose offers you the durability you need, as well as the length and reliability. For the big projects, make sure that you are prepared with reinforced air hoses.
Capri Tools 2-Way Air Blow Gun
Although designed to be low maintenance, both air hoses and air compressors need a little maintenance sometimes. To get rid of tough debris or caught materials, an air gun can be incredibly useful. This air gun has an extended nozzle so that you can get into the difficult to reach areas and make sure that your tools are working at their best.
5Piece Nozzle Set For Capri Tools 2-Way Air Blow Gun
As we said, many tools will need different nozzle sizes, and the same goes for air guns. If you want to be able to use your air gun with any tool, this set of air gun nozzles can be incredibly helpful. This set offers you everything you need so that you won’t be hunting for a nozzle or trying to adapt one to fit.
If you are looking for a top quality air compressor, Surf’n’Buy have got you covered. The Makita MAC700 2.0 HP Big Bore Air Compressor offers and incredible level of value with a powerful motor and innovative design features to ensure that you get the most out of your money. However, if you’re looking for something a little higher end, the EXCELL SAC22HPE Air Compressor and the STEALTH SAQ-1301 Ultra Quiet Air Compressor are two options which are both powerful and portable so that you can use the air compressor wherever you need it to be. No matter what you’re looking for, you won’t regret buying yourself one of these top range air compressors.