Is your garage too cold in the winter for you to get any real work done? Are you tired of your car doors sticking and scraping ice from the windows? Maybe you have specialist tools that need protecting from frost and cold weather. The best way to solve all of these issues is a 120v garage heater that keeps your garage at a constant temperature to solve all of your cold weather issues.
There are so many options out there that it might be difficult to find the right option for your garage. If you have a rather small garage, a 120v garage is a great choice. They offer the right level of heat and a constant temperature so you get what you need from your garage heater without spending money on energy you don’t use.
Surf’n’Buy have three of the best 120v garage heater for your garage to make sure you can keep working and to protect your car and tools from frost and ice. These garage heaters have several innovative safety features to keep your garage secure when your using the heater and powerful enough to heat up to 300 square feet of space. We are confident that we have the option for your needs so that your garage stays warm in the winter.
Top 120v Garage Heaters
1. Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W
The Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W is a weatherproofed infrared heater, made from durable and waterproof aluminum which makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor installations so that you can stay warm in the garage or in the garden. The clean and odorless design provides heat immediately at 900 Watts, 1200 Watts or 1500 Watts, so you can change the settings to suit the temperature and get the perfect level of hear.
With a standard 120 Volt plug, you can power this heater anywhere and the remote control makes it easy and convenient to change the settings. No need to get too close to the heat, simply point and click to change the temperature as the night gets cooler. With an included wall and ceiling mounting bracket, you can easily mount this heater anywhere you need it to be. Place it over a certain work station or on the wall of a garden to keep you and your loved ones warm and cozy. At only 6.5 pounds, the lightweight design of the Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W is easy to move around as you need it and makes mounting a simple task.
- The weatherproof aluminum body makes the Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W perfect for outdoor and indoor use.
- With three different heating temperatures, you can change the heat depending on what you need.
- The remote control means there is no need to move to change the settings, just point and click.
- The clean, odorless design removes the kerosene smell which comes with some garage heaters, making it much more pleasant than these options.
- The 120 Volt plug fits all standard plug outlets so that you can use this heater anywhere.
- The lightweight design and included mounting rigs makes mounting this heater quick and easy either on the ceiling or on a wall.
- The Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W has a tendency to rattle when in use, which can be annoying if you require a quiet heater.
- This heater is not totally energy efficient and can be expensive to run.
- The cosmetic cabinet of the heater is of cheap quality and can damage easily.
- You must be quite close to the heater in order to get the remote control to work.
- The heater can emit a slightly unpleasant smell during the first few uses.
- The timer function only allows you to set a running duration and not when the heater turns on.
- This heater is not suitable for rooms of over a few hundred feet as it will struggle to heat the whole room.
- The LED display can be difficult to read unless you are close to the heater,
The first infrared heater on our list is the Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W. This heater is powerful heater which is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use to keep you warm and cozy in your garage or in your garden. With a convenient remote control and three different heat levels, you can customize the temperature as you need to without having to fiddle with the controls and getting too close to the heat. The lightweight design is easy to move as you need to and your purchase comes with a rigging for both ceiling and walls so you can install this heater anywhere you need it. If you are looking for a high quality infrared heater for your garage or garden, the Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W is one of the most high value option on the market. The clean and quiet design means you won’t even notice this heater when using it so you can simply get to work.
2. Broan 157 Ceiling Heater
The Broan 157 Ceiling Heater is a high quality 1250 Wass ceiling heater that you can power from a 120 volt mains outlet so you can power it from all standard plugs. The heat radiates from an enclosed metal sheath element to provide plenty of warmth whilst keeping the user safe from the heating element, perfect for busy parties or work places.
The permanently lubricated motor is oil free for minimum amounts of maintenance. This also ensures greater efficiency and less energy loss when in use. With no waiting time, you can heat a room immediately so there is no need to pre-heat the room. With an automatic shut off function, safety is ensured with the Broan 157 Ceiling Heater, which will turn off when a maximum heat has been reached.
The low profile, lightweight design only weighs one pound and extents less than 3 inches from the ceiling so it won’t take up too much room. Able to mount on most standard fittings or electrical boxes, this heater will fit anywhere to keep your rooms warm.
- Powered from a standard 120 Volt outlet, this heater can reach up to 1250 Watts to keep your space warm and comfortable.
- The metal sheath element keeps the heating element away from the user to increase the safety of the space around the heater.
- The lightweight design is easy to move around without any struggle.
- The Broan 157 Ceiling Heater is also compact, extending less than three inches from the wall so that it doesn’t take up too much room or get in the way.
- This heater can be mounted on most standard fittings so that you can fit it anywhere.
- The oil free motor needs no upkeep and stays lubricated permanently for higher efficiency.
- There is no waiting time with this heater, so you can heat the room immediately.
- The automatic shut off function ensures safety when a certain temperature is reached.
- There is mounting hardware included so this must be purchased at an extra cost.
- The metal is a little flimsy, which can bend easily which may affect the use and safety features of the heater.
- The Broan 157 Ceiling Heater takes around 5 minutes to heat up, so heating is not necessarily immediately.
- This heater is not as energy efficient as other options, so may be a little expensive to run.
- The Broan 157 Ceiling Heater can run quite loudly, which may be irritating for some users.
- Mounting the heater can be quite difficult and may take some time if you have little experience in mounting heaters.
- There is little air movement with this heater so it doesn’t heat a room as evenly as other models available.
- The heater cannot be mounted closer that 12 inches from the nearest wall, which can limit the areas you can mount this heater, which may be tricky in smaller rooms.
- The ceramic holders of the coils vibrate during use which can cause damage when being used for long periods of tome and may make an irritating noise.
If you are looking for a high quality infrared heater, the Broan 157 Ceiling Heater is one of the best options on the market. The oil free design requires little maintenance and the powerful 1250 watt motor heats a room within minutes. Light and compact, you can attach the Broan 157 Ceiling Heater anywhere you need it without taking up too much space in the room. Powered with a 120 volt outlet, you can use this heater in any room of the house as well as the garage. For the best quality heater on the market, look no further than this infrared heater.
3. Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater
The Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater is crafted to give a discreet mounting design that doesn’t take up too much room and gives a sleek look to the heater. The quality construction with galvanized steel and squirrel cage type blowers ensure that this heater is one that will last. Operating at only 50 decibels, you won’t even notice this heater when it’s on.
The Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater pulls air in from the top and lets heat out from the bottom which allows the heat to rise and evenly distribute around the room. This makes it great for smaller rooms and to supplement the heat of bigger rooms which might need it.
The integral thermostat allows for easy heat adjustment and a convenient 60 minute time so you don’t need to remember to turn the heater off. The Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater also has a booster timer to quickly heat up a room before returning to a maintenance setting to keep the room at a comfortable temperature. The lowest setting will also maintain levels above freezing in rooms of up to 250 square feet. The positive on/off switch shuts the heater off when it’s not needed to ensure safety and energy efficiency.
- The discreet design of the Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater is sleek and subtle.
- The high quality construction of galvanized steel and squirrel type cage keep this heater durable, reliable and safe.
- At only 50 decibels, this is one of the quietest running heaters on the market so you can get to work or simply relax.
- The top to bottom air flow ensures an even and consistent temperature throughout the room, leaving no cold spots and keeping the room at an even temperature.
- An integral thermostat is easy to use and adjust the heat as you need to.
- The 60 minute booster function timer quickly heats a room and shuts off when it reaches the right temperature.
- The lowest setting keeps a room from reaching freezing temperatures to keep essential tools and materials safe from frost.
- This heater also has a positive on/off feature to shut off when not needed to ensure the safety of the user and a high level of energy efficiency.
- The heater does not sit flush to the wall, which makes it seem less finished than other options available.
- The wires are also visible when the heater is mounted which makes it less aesthetically pleasing.
- The thermostat only gives heat options in 1, 2, and 3, rather than the actual temperatures which takes a little trial and error to get the right level of heat.
- The fan is slightly weaker than other options, so it does not blow the heat as quickly around the room.
- Your purchase does not come with a power cord, so this will need to be purchased at an extra cost and installed.
If you are looking for the perfect mix between quality and value. The Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater offers a discreet heater with an innovative top to bottom air flow to ensure a quick and even temperature across the room. The 60 minute booster timer gets the room to temperature as quickly as possible while the anti frost function protects tools and materials in the coldest of winters. This quiet running heater is ideal for any room and promises to provide a high level of quality and durability with every use. If you need a heater which doesn’t take up too much room but still offers a great deal of heating power, the Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater is the perfect option.
When to Consider 120v Garage Heater
If you’re not totally sure you need a garage heater, you might be wondering when you might need a 120v garage heater specifically. These heaters are great to keep a room warm but there are some circumstances in which a 120v garage heater.
When Using at Home
120 volt heaters are perfect for use at home because they can be plugged into any outlet around the house or in the garage. This is perfect for those who don’t have specialized outlets in their garage and need an option that will be useable in the standard home.
During Cold Weather
When the weather gets cold, it is important to stay warm when you want to use the garage. You may only need a heater during the winter, but it is a great addition to a garage in case the weather drops at other times of the year. Garage heaters are also a useful addition if you live in a climate which gets cold during other times of the year, or just as a safety measure just in case the weather turns.
To Protect Tools and Materials
If you have specialized tools and materials in your garage, they may be more susceptible to cold weather. If the weather in your area gets below freezing, this can cause damage to these tools which may not be repairable. A garage heater can prevent this from happening. Options such as the Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater have an anti frost setting to keep your garage warm enough to fight the cold during cold nights.
Benefits of Using Fixed Garage Heater
There are a huge range of benefits to a garage heater. Not only will it keep the garage warm enough to work in during the winter but it will also keep tools protected. Frost can be severely damaging to tools and a garage heater can help to protect them from frost and ice. However, there are other reasons why a fixed garage heater can be greatly beneficial.
Using a fixed garage heater has more significant benefit. It is excellent for smaller garages because it takes a small amount of space. This is a crucial factor for some buyers.
If you keep your car in the garage, the car will warm up faster in the morning and starting the car or opening the doors will be easier as they won’t stick. There will be no ice to remove from the windows and the coolant will be warmer and the oil will be less viscous. This protects your car from the frost to increase the vehicle’s longevity.
A fixed garage heater will also help to keep the rooms above the garage warm. This is great for insulating over the garage rooms which can lose heat quickly when the garage is cold. If you have a loft or a room over the garage which you intend to use in the winter, a fixed garage heater is an excellent way to keep both the garage and the rooms above it warm and cozy during the winter.
How to Install Your Garage Heater
When looking to buy a garage heater, you may be worried about how difficult it is to install. Whilst this will change depending on the type of heater you have, its size and shape, they are generally quite easy to install. Most garage heaters will have the rigging included in the purchase but some may require you to purchase this separately. Fixed garage heaters will attach to the wall and the instructions manual will let you know how far from other walls and materials it needs to be to stay safe. The best place to fit them is in the area which suffers the most heat loss, which is normally in front of or near the garage door.
You will need to connect the heater unit to your home’s electrical system by a sheathed cable from the circuit breaker to the heater or from a standard outlet. 120v garage heaters are a great option because they will simply plug into any standard plug outlet. Of course, all garage heaters will have their own installation guides to make sure to consult the user manual before you start installation to make sure you get it right. Some options may need professional installation, so don’t try to install these options by yourself.
That’s it for 120c garage heaters. Surf’n’Buy have found the three best heaters to help keep your garage warm in the cold weather. If you are looking to keep your garage at a constant temperature and protected from the frost, the Stiebel Eltron CKT 15E Wall Mounted Heater has an anti frost function to keep your tools protected and your car nice and toasty.
For a powerful heater that offers high value and quality, the Dr. Infrared Heater 1500W has three settings to make sure your garage is the right temperature. This heater reaches up to 1500 Watts for even the coldest of months. With a convenient remote control, you can change the settings from across the room so there is no need to get close to the heater and risk burning your fingers. If you are looking for a more discreet ceiling heater, the Broan 157 Ceiling Heater fits out of the way to provide consistent and even heat throughout the room without taking up too much space.
Garage heaters are the perfect way to keep your garage warm in the winter and protected against temperature drops throughout the year. All of the options in our list are quiet when running and energy efficient to keep your garage quiet enough to concentrate and your energy bill low. We hope that this guide has helped you fill all of your heating needs to make sure the weather doesn’t get the better of you.