Many people don’t realize that air compressors are not just for tires, they come in many different shapes and sizes to fill a wide range of individual needs. These powerful air compressors are great for those who love DIY around the home, small time contractors who need to use a range of pneumatic tools, or even garages who need an air compressor to service vehicles and cover a range of services.
If you are looking for a 30 gallon air compressor, you might already know what you need from one of these marvelous machines but are simply wondering which make and model is the right one to offer you all of the versatility you need. There are so many options out there that it can be confusing as to which option is the best for you. That is why we develop our useful buying guides, because the Surf’n’Buy team aim to help you find the right option to get everything you need from your brand new air compressor.
Well, you have found the right site because Surf’n’Buy specialize in helping customers find the right product to fit their needs, no matter what that need might be. We have found three of the best 30 gallon air compressors that will fit and power a wide range of tools and complete a range of different projects. Whether you are looking to buy an air compressor for personal or commercial use, these air compressors are guaranteed to deliver. We have three of the best options so that you can browse the best products from the comfort of your own home and feel confident in purchasing the right option to fit your needs.
Top 30 Gallon Air Compressors
1. Campbell Hausfeld XC302100
The Campbell Hausfeld XC302100 is an oil lubricated, two stage pump which offers a high level of power and sustainable airflow with minimum maintenance and increase longevity whilst also offering a much quieter use. The high 175 PSI level capability is suitable to take on a huge range of hobs from heavy duty nailing and welding to painting and upholstery. No matter what project your working on, this 30 gallon air compressor promises to deliver. The dual voltage motor means that you can run this air compressor both in the home on a standard mains fuse or in a professional garage where the output needs to be higher.
The fully enclosed metal belt guard protects the user from moving parts whilst protecting the parts from any knocks, bumps or falling objects. This is perfect for busy workspaces so you can be sure that the Campbell Hausfeld XC302100 will continue to work hard no matter what goes on in the surrounding environment. The mount style tank can sit on the floor or be mounted on the wall, making it both portable and able to be fixed to the wall so that you can decide where you need the air compressor and when.
- The patented pump offers a range of innovative features to reduce wear and tear and increase the efficiency of use so that you lose as little power and airflow as possible and keep maintenance to a minimum.
- This air compressor is capable of up to 175 PSI rate which is suitable for almost any task so that you can use this model both at home and in a professional setting to power any tool.
- The dual voltage motor allows you to use a 120 Volt or a 240 Volt output depending on where you are using the air compressor making it adaptable to any setting.
- The fully enclosed metal belt keeps the moving parts free from falling debris and protects the user when the air compressor is in use.
- The mounting feature means that you can make this a stationary air compressor or move it around as you need to, making it much more versatile than other options.
- At 200 pounds, this is one of the lighter models available so that transport is easier than with other air compressors.
- The Campbell Hausfeld XC302100 is not supplied with a power cord and this will need to be purchased at an extra cost.
- At 200 pounds, this is still a very heavy air compressor and therefore difficult to move around if you need it in different areas of the garage.
If you are looking for a 30 gallon air compressor that will fill any need, look no further than the Campbell Hausfeld XC302100. This high quality air pump can be used both in the standard home and in a professional garage with any tool and to serve any purpose. The fully enclosed metal belt keeps the air compressor safe from falling debris, as well as protecting the user from moving parts whilst the mounting feature make this air compressor perfect as a stationary or a free standing model. If you are looking for a high value air compressor, look no further because this is the one for you.
2. Industrial Air ILA1883054
The Industrial Air ILA1883054 is a cast iron, twin cylinder pump which is oil lubricated to provide you with a much more powerful air flow, a durable tank and minimal need for maintenance due to the low levels of wear and tear taken from oil lubrication. The dual voltage motor can be powered by a standard 120 volt outlet or a professional 240 volt outlet so that you can use this air compressor both in the home and in the garage to power a vast range of tools and complete any kind of project.
The Industrial Air ILA1883054 is capable of up to 155 PSI giving it a wide range of applications due to the high and stable airflow provided by this air compressor. The pre-attached pneumatic tires make this air compressor easy to move around and the tank weighs only 185 pounds, by far the lightest model on the market. This makes moving and transporting this air compressor much easier in comparison to other models so that you can get it where it needs to be. The quick set regulator and working pressure gauges put you in full control of the airflow and give you all of the information you need to make sure the air compressor is working perfectly.
- The twin cylinder oil lubricated pump provides a high level of power for little maintenance so you are provided with a strong and steady airflow throughout use.
- The case iron body is built to last and can cope with knocks and bumps in a busy working area.
- The low weight of the tank and the attached wheels make moving the Industrial Air ILA1883054 much easier than some of its competitors so that you won’t struggle to get this air compressor where you want it.
- The quick set regulator and pressure gauges are easy to use and monitor during use.
- The Industrial Air ILA1883054 does not have as high a PSI capability as other models and therefore may not be suitable for as many projects or tools, especially if you are using this air compressor in a professional setting.
- This air compressor does not have as low an ambient starting temperature which can make it difficult to use in colder climates or in winter months.
- The cock drain is very close to the floor and therefore tricky to open in order to drain the moisture build up from within the tank.
One of the lightest 30 gallon air compressors on the market is the Industrial Air ILA1883054. Built with features to make it easy to move yet suitable for almost any purpose, this is one of the highest quality air compressors available today. The durable design and adaptable voltage input make this air compressor perfect for home use as well as garage and professional use whilst the quick set regulator and highly visible gauges put you in full control over the airflow and provide you with all the information you need. Although not as high in PSI levels, the Industrial Air ILA1883054 offers a range of features which make it easy to use and perfect for any project.
3. DeWalt DXCMH1393075
The DeWalt DXCMH1393075 has a reliable electric start Honda GX390 OHV Gas engine which is capable of running over at even the lowest of ambient temperatures, making this an ideal air compressor for colder regions and cooler months. The powerful engine offers up to a 22 CFM at 175 PSI to make sure that this air compressor is capable of working with any tool you require. The patented piston design features a cast iron precision bored cylinder heat and patented asymmetrical deep grove directional cooling fans and cast iron fly wheel.
These features ensure that the engine runs cooler and therefore more safely, as well as increasing efficiency to minimize energy loss and maintain a stable airflow. The unique metal belt guard improves the rate at which heat escapes to allow the motor to cool up to 60 degrees Fahrenheit during use to increase safety and working time so that there is no need to stop on a project to allow the air compressor to cool down.
- The Honda GX390 OHV Gas engine built into the Honda GX390 OHV Gas engine makes this air compressor one of the most reliable on the market today.
- The two stage pump system provides a stronger and more stable air flow with less loss of efficiency overall so that you have the most sustained use.
- The range of CFM and PSI capabilities give this air compressor the versatility to be able to work with any tool and provide the stability you need to get the job done.
- The innovative and patented design is made for efficiency, longevity and sustained airflow so that you have the best possible air compressor for all of your needs and is built to last a lifetime.
- The unique design of the metal belt gives this air compressor a much higher cooling rate during use than other models so that you can use it for much longer without having to wait for the motor to return to an ambient temperature.
- The Honda GX390 OHV Gas engine is also capable of starting in lower temperatures so that it can be used in any climate and at any time of year.
- The DeWalt DXCMH1393075weighs over 400 pounds which makes moving and transport incredibly difficult, specially if only being used by one person.
- The air compressor does not come with a battery for an electric start, so you will need to purchase this at an additional cost.
Last but not least in our guide for the best 30 gallon air compressors in 2020 is the DeWalt DXCMH1393075. Partnered with a Honda engine, this air compressor offers incredible quality and versatility to provide you with sustained and powerful airflow no matter what project you are embarking upon. The unique design increases the cooling rate and reduces wear and tear so you can be sure that this air compressor is one that will last a longer and keep delivering. Capable of working in almost any climate, you can use this air compressor anywhere and any time.
Why to Choose a 30 Gallon Air Compressor?
A 30 gallon air compressor is right in the middle of the range of all available sizes of air compressor, so why would this one be a good option for you? Well, there are lots of reasons. To start with, this option is perfect for those who are working on home based projects, or those who own small businesses as it is great for standard pneumatic tools which can be used for a range of different uses, such as nail guns, impact ranges, and more. These options are great for those who don’t need continuous use of an air compressor, but need enough power to work for a few hours at a time.
These 30 gallon air compressors offer as much power as larger capacity air compressors, the only limit to the amount of time it can be used is the size of the tank. These air compressors also tend to be a bit more portable, which is great for use in the home or if you need to take the air compressor to different places in the garage.
Air Tank Size and Ample Air Flow
The size of the tank has a large impact on the air flow the air compressor can provide. The general rule is that the bigger the tank, the more airflow you will get from the air compressor. Most 30 gallon air compressors have the ability to work at around 175 CPM, which is suitable for many pneumatic tools which require airflow. However, you should make sure to consider the most demanding tool you would like to use before purchasing an air compressor to make sure it won’t struggle to power all of the tools you need.
30 gallon tanks are therefore great for home use and for small contracting businesses because they offer a high airflow, but they may not be suitable for professional garages with more demanding needs from their tools. If you need more from your air compressor, you may want to consider a larger size.
The refill rate of an air compressor will change depending on the starting pressure, the final pressure, the CFM and the size of the tank. Refill rates are important because they guide how long you have to wait for the tank to be full enough to work again. For example, a standard 30 gallon air compressor with a staring pressure of zero, a CPM of 175 and a CFM of 22 will take around two to three minutes to refill. Obviously, this will change with the make and model and the different settings you are using, but this is an important factor to take into consideration when buying an air compressor because you don’t want to be limited by the time it takes for the tank to fill up and the air compressor to be available for use again. If you would like to estimate the refill time for your air compressor, there is a useful calculator here.
That’s all for 30 gallon air compressors, we hope that we have helped you come to a decision on the right model to power all of your projects. If you are looking for top quality, we highly recommend the DeWalt DXCMH1393075. Partnered with Honda and created with specialized and patented technologies, this air compressor has a high PSI rate to ensure you get everything you need. However, if you’re looking for something to develop a hobby or help around the home, both the Campbell Hausfeld XC302100 and the Industrial Air ILA1883054 are great options for a wide variety of needs.
We here at Surf’n’Buy would like to thank you for trusting us to help you find the right 30 gallon air compressor to service all of your airflow needs and hope to see you in the future for your next purchase, because we have all the information you need to make the right choice.