My present car has one of those fine modern audio packages that any car owner or enthusiast could dream of. I got to soup it up and luckily, for me, every modification panned out pretty well. This is a rare thing.
Before that, the car that I got was somewhat archaic. Not that it was a bad car but its sound system was sufferance. The audio system had the classic AM and FM radio. This is the sort of car one will say belongs to the museum. This was before the existence and advancement of smart screens. The audio signal and sound were so week that when the car engine is purring or the cooling system is on you can hardly hear a clear sound.
The sound system of my car is what I am fond of for certain reasons. One of them is that music helps me focus and drive safely. The other is that it keeps me company and makes my commuting experience a pleasant one while on the road. This prompted me to wire the 4 channel car amplifier around the car. The 4 channel amplifier puts out high-quality audio in four separate channels. In other words, it can be used to power a pair of full-range speakers.
Ever since that I installed this in my car I have been having a good music experience. I now impress my friends and it has all been wonderful. 4 channel car amplifiers come in different types. It is best to find one that compliments the audio system of your car to give great value for your money.
Are you looking for the best 4 channel car amplifiers to buy for an awesome sound quality your car in 2019? Do not worry because Surf n’ Buy is here to help you. You cannot just go out and purchase any car sound amplifier that you come across and expect it to do a wonderful job. Car audio amplifiers come in different configurations designed to match each car audio system. In addition, the market is replete with car audio amplifiers that are not of genuine quality. At the end of the day, you will end up getting ripped off if you are not careful.
We will provide you with a review of some of the best audio system amplifier for your car in this article. We will highlight the features, such as the number of channels and compatibility that make them worth buying and more.
Below is a list of the best 4 channel car amplifiers to buy for your car in 2019 for great sound production.
Top 4 Channel Car Amplifiers
1. Rockford Fosgate R400-4D Amplifier
The Rockford Fosgate car amplifier is one of the best car amps you can find around. This is attributed to the company’s ability to manufacture premium amplifiers that will get the best sounds out of your car’s front and back audio system. They are a leader of car audio innovation.
The R400-4D can power a full-range sound system. It comes with the innovative class-D circuitry that puts out ultra-efficient sound amplification with minimal strain on the car’s audio system. It has an on-board Punch EQ that allows you to deliver audio and bass the place you want it most on the sound system.
This Rockford amplifier is also designed to power tweeters/midrange in the dash and front doors without any hassles. It can also run the drivers on the deck. Also, you will have a 1-year warranty of the Rockford amplifier when purchased from an authorized dealer.
- Prime class D amps that enable you to play top quality music all the time. The R400-4D is packed with more power per square inch, which means you will be able to play more clear and loud sounds.
- One of the best features users of this amp stand to gain is its high durability. Cast with heavy aluminum, overheating and damage of the amp’s interior is prevented to ensure that you enjoy articulate and loud sounds for a very long time.
- It is easy to use and you can gain absolute control of all your sound systems without any hitch. The amp has controls through which you can modify the performance of your front and back audio system.
- It is more lightweight compared to other car amplifiers.
- The power efficiency of the Rockford Fosgate amplifier is incredible to keep the high-quality sound going for long.
- Supports only 4-ohm load in bridged mode.
- Not suitable for selective audiophiles.
This car amplifier offers versatility that can be utilized to enhance your car audio system’s performance. The ultra-efficient class-D and 75 watts for each speaker are enough to offer you a wonderful audio experience.
2. Alpine MRV-F300
It is not surprising that the Alpine, a reputable car stereo manufacturer made the cut on our list. The MRV-F300 from their stables is an excellent car audio amplifier. It is lightweight, compact and has great power efficiency. Having a small size, it can fit into any space. This amp has the capacity to generate up to 640 watts of power, which is enough for some awesome jam especially when 75 watts of power can be delivered to each speaker. You can run this amp for a long time without heating up. The glowing blue light also enhances the aesthetics of your audio system.
- Installation is easy. It takes a small amount of time to get this excellent amplifier fixed to your car’s audio system.
- The Alpine MRV-F300 is a Class-D amp that yields increased power efficiency. With its super-fast switching technology, power efficiency is boosted. This implies that power supply internally is reduced to avoid overheating and wastage of power.
- This amp has strong and protective caps.
- The MRV-F300 comes with easy-to-use controls and switches. The controls are strong and are not affected by vibrations to offer you unsolicited changes during use.
- It comes with an anti-shutdown design
- It has a small size that is essential to fit into any space in the car.
- Slight noise is heard during use in the car.
- Challenging to install 4 gauge wire.
- There are no RCA outputs.
Are you looking for car audio that is easy to install and requires a small amount of power supply? The Alpine MRV-F300 fits this description. This surface mounted amplifier is a great option to save you the trouble of linking an amplifier to any external converter or connections. It is an amplifier that does not disappoint.
3. Rockville dB45
The Rockville dB45 is one of the best car audio amplifiers that have great power output to produce juicy sound across four audio systems at once. It is budget-friendly and offers a great function. Manufactured by Rockville, you can be sure that this amplifier comes with promising features that will increase the performance of your car audio channels.
The latest addition to the dB45 series features a high-speed MOFSET power supply that takes away the worry of your amplifier overheating or overloading. This amplifier instantly shuts down when it detects any sign of power or thermal malfunction.
- The Rockville dB45 is easy to install. If it is your first time install a car, audio amplifiers do not worry for this amplifier is designed with entry-level car audio enthusiasts in mind. The required tools are all in place to facilitate quick and easy installation.
- This car audio amplifier is an excellent choice if you are looking for a car amp that offers topnotch performance. This is acquired without costing you an arm and a leg.
- It delivers up to a total power output of 3,200W across the audio systems to produce loud and clear sounds.
- The filters and crossovers allow noiseless and clean sound production.
- The Rockville dB45 is heavy.
- It does not support bridging at less than 4 ohms.
From the features above, it becomes irrelevant to argue why the Rockville dB45 is not an excellent choice of a car audio amplifier. The power output, filters and crossovers, quick installation and easy cleaning and maintenance all make this car audio amp worth installing in a car. We at Surf n’ Buy highly recommend this amp to you as it offers a wonderful function and value to your front and back audio channels.
When is the 4 Channel Amplifier Used?
4 channel car amplifiers are popular amongst music enthusiasts. It is used to build a car stereo system that is juicy. Car audio amps are used when the signal sent from the audio system to the speakers are weak. They enlarge the audio signal to make them sound louder and clearer.
The 4 channel car audio amplifiers have four outputs that power four or two audio systems simultaneously. It is installed to a factory or post-factory audio system to enhance and control the sound output, bass, sound distortion, etc to ensure it runs at full and optimal capacity. They control the front and back sound system of a car. Some of the amps come with features that allow you to modify the car stereo system according to your preference.
What are the Main Features to Look at?
Shopping for a car audio amplifier can get a bit tricky especially when you do not know the features to look at. When you intend to breathe full life into your whole car audio system, consider the following features.
Car audio amplifiers are normally classified according to their ratings. The ratings are based on the features that constitute their electronic circuit. The categories of the car amps are Class A, Class B, Class AB, and Class D. Class A is suitable for high-frequency sound reproduction. Class B is a well-suited sound production using low power efficiency and temperatures. Class AB amps are energy efficient and reproduce high-frequency sound at low operating temperatures. Class D amplifiers are low energy efficient, low operating temperatures and have high-quality sound reproduction. You can choose any of them according to your preference.
You should understand that the stereo systems of your car require a certain amount of power to run them optimally. Before you commence shopping for amps, determine the suitable amp required to power them. If you are operating a factory-installed car audio amp, figure out the RMS value and find an amp that will deliver power to the sound systems according to the value.
Size of the Amp
Ensure that the size of the car audio amplifier fits into the tightest of spaces of the car. Technology advancement over the years has led to the resizing of amps. You do not need to buy huge sized amps before you will have a juicy sound system. Even small amps can provide enough power that can run optimally your sound systems.
Easy to Connect Terminals
A car audio car amplifier should have good terminals that are easy to connect to power and speaker. The terminals should remain well-connected and secure at all times.
Get a good amplifier wiring for your car audio system. Oxygen-free copper wirings are great conductors to conduct uninterrupted power supply to front and back audio channels giving them oomph.
4 Channel Vs 2 Channel Car Audio Amplifiers
2 channel car audio amplifiers have two channels that can be bridged to generate more power for a single speaker. The 2 channel amp is categorized into two ratings namely Class A and Class AB.
The 4 channel car audio amplifiers are used for powering two or four speakers. They are used in most cars to power two front speakers and two back speakers to give the audio system of the car some oomph.
The 4 channel car audio amplifier is an excellent and modern approach to give better sound quality to your car’s stereo system. It is difficult to find 4 channel amps that will be compatible with your car’s audio system but with the guideline above, it becomes easy and fun for you. The Alpine MRV-F300 is a budget-friendly and great choice of car audio amps for audio fans that want to give the front and back speakers a boost.
Another is the Rockville dB45. It is durable and a popular choice for its innovative and excellent features. It is also to be considered for its ease of installation. At Surf n’ Buy, we believe that car amp shopping should not be complicated and tedious as often experienced. This is why we have gone out of our way to provide you with a guide on how to buy the perfect car audio amp. We hope that your car amp shopping will be a smooth and enjoyable one.