If you’re looking for something to keep your tires safe, you may be wondering whether a tire inflator or an air compressor is best. While both have their pros and cons, air compressors are generally more powerful and can be used with a range of different inflatables so that you get more for your money.
If you are looking for the best air compressor for your tires, check out Surf’n’Buy’s three recommended products. We are sure one of these will suit you perfectly and keep your tires pumped.
Top 3 Air Compressors for Tires
1. GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty
The GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty offers a maximum pressure of 150 PSI and an air flow of up to 70 liters per minute to inflate a standard vehicle tire in one and a half minutes. This makes this air compressor one of the fastest on the market so that you can get out on the road as soon as possible.
The rubber feet keep the air compressor in place during use so you don’t lose energy on vibrations and noise as well as ensuring the security and power of the air compressor. With double cylinders and a direct drive, this air compressor offers a low rotating speed to increase efficiency and control whilst offering powerful air flow to inflate your tires.
This air compressor is particularly suited for SUVs, trucks, vans, bicycles and many, many more vehicles so that you can use it almost anywhere and with any tire. With a 3M cigarette lighter switch, this is ideal for use when out on the go and the extension hose will allow you to reach any tire without struggling. The battery clamp allows you to connect directly to the battery so you can decide where you want to power your tire inflator from.
- With a high PSI pressure of 150 PSI, you can inflate range of objects without struggling.
- The high air flow of 70 liters per minute, this air compressor offers an incredibly fast inflation rate to pump a standard tire in less than two minutes.
- The secure design of the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty includes rubber feet to keep the air compressor still during use to reduce vibrations and noise so you get the maximum power possible.
- The double cylinders provide a high air capacity so there is less need to wait for the air compressor to fill up between uses.
- The direct drive ensures all of the air is directed through the nozzle to pump the tire.
- The low rotating speed increases efficiency and stability to keep the airflow consistent and easy to control.
- Suitable for use with almost any tire, you can use this air compressor no matter what your vehicle.
- The cigarette lighter switch means you can reach all four tires without an issue.
- The extension hose is long enough to provide you with plenty of room to work with.
- With a battery clamp connector you can also decide where you are most comfortable powering your air compressor from.
- The length of the cord and hose may still be a little short if you are using it with a particularly long vehicle.
- The extension hose and battery connector provided with your purchase are not of high quality and may need replaced to ensure a high level of safety.
- The gauge is not entirely accurate so you may under inflate your tires without realizing.
- The connector is a screw on connector which can be tricky to work with.
If you are looking for a high quality, portable air compressor for all kinds of tires, the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty is the perfect option for you. Stable and efficient, this compressor reaches a high PSI to pump a standard tire in less than two minutes. With multiple power sources, you will never be caught out by a flat tire.
2. EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator
The EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator is a highly convenient tire inflator that plugs directly into the cigarette lighter of your vehicle to power the 120 to 150 Watt motor, providing you with all the power you need to inflate cars, sedans, bikes and midsized SUVs. Suitable on all engines under 3.5 liters, you can use this air compressor with a huge range of vehicles.
The universal valve connector is ready to use and includes three adaptors so that you can use the air compressor to pump any kind of inflatable you need, making this a highly versatile air compressor for home use. The easy to read display offers four display units: PSI, KPA, BAR and KG/CM so that you can convert the values easily and monitor the tire pressure in the way in which you are most comfortable.
The EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator also has a bright torch which is perfect when using this air compressor in the dark if you get stuck. The overheating protection automatically shuts down the motor when the system overloads to ensure safety for the user. Weighing only 1 pound and being small enough to pack in the trunk, this is the perfect air compressor to take on road trips.
- The lightweight design of the EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator makes it the perfect air compressor to keep in the truck in case of emergency.
- Quick and safe to use, simply plug the EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator into the cigarette lighter, no need for crocodile clips or fiddling with car batteries.
- Suitable for a range of vehicles and fully adaptable to many different inflatables, this is a highly versatile air compressor for all of your needs.
- With an easy to read LED display and four different pressure values, you can see exactly the pressure level to keep your tires at the perfect pressure.
- With a built in high powered torch, this air compressor is safe and convenient even in the dark.
- With an automatic shut down feature when the motor overheats, you are totally safe and secure with this air compressor.
- The motor does tend to heat up rather quickly which shuts the motor off sooner rather than later.
- The threaded end of the inflation hose can be difficult to use, especially in colder weather and may take some jiggling to get it right.
- The air compressor is not totally accurate which may be an issue if you need precise readings.
The EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator offers a high powered, high quality, safe and secure air compressor for your tires to keep them pumped and make sure you have everything you need in case of emergency. With an attached high powered torch and bright LED display, this air compressor is easy to use even in the dark. There is no need for crocodile clips and fiddling with your car battery, simply plug the air compressor into the cigarette lighter and pump any tire on a range of different vehicles or inflatables. For a versatile air compressor for any inflatable object, the EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator is an incredibly high value option.
3. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor
The Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor runs with 12 Volts and is powered from your engine to quickly and efficiently pump your tires when needed. The maximum 120 PSI pressure and 1.47 CFM airflow pumps a standard tire in minutes and is ideal for standard cars and sedans, as well as small ATVs and trucks so that you can use this tire inflator with any vehicle. With the crocodile clips included, you have everything you need to get started.
The 10 foot power cord and 15 foot air hose gives you plenty of length so that you can reach the back tires without struggling. With three nozzle converters, you can also use this tire inflator with bikes, balls and inflatables to make pumping that much easier. The LED display and power indicator is clear and easy to read so that you can monitor the pressure and make sure the power is correct. Lightweight at only 4.5 pounds, this is an easy tire inflator to transport and keep in the trunk in case of emergencies.
- The 12 volt crocodile clip powered motor is quick to connect and highly efficient.
- With a maximum 120 PSI pressure, you can pump your tires in a matter of minutes.
- Suitable for a range of different vehicles, you won’t be limited with this air compressor for all of your tire needs.
- The long power cord and air hose give you plenty of maneuverability so that you can reach the back tires of even long vehicles.
- With three nozzles included in your purchase, you can use the Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor with any inflatable object around the home.
- The easily read LED display gives you all of the information you need to monitor the pressure and ensure your tires are not over or under inflated.
- The lightweight design is easy to transport so that you have it to hand whenever you need it.
- The LED display is not very easy to read so you may want to carry a flashlight if using the air compressor in the dark.
- There is no cigarette power option which means you have to connect the clips to the car battery, which can be dangerous if you have never done this before.
- The motor can get quite hot during use and will need to cool down to ensure safety when storing.
- The twist type connector can be difficult to attach to your tire.
The Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor is a high quality air compressor to pump your tires in case of emergency. With a maximum pressure of 120 PSI, you can ensure that your tires will be filled in minutes so that you can get back on the road. The easy to read LED screen gives you all of the pressure information you need to make sure your tires are not over or under inflated, keeping you and your tires safe and secure. Although it has a crocodile clip power source which may be tricky for some users, it doesn’t skimp on power and efficiency. Suitable for a range of tires and crafted with a long power cord and air hose, you can reach the back wheel of almost any vehicle.
Air Compressor for Tires Purchasing Tips
When you’re looking to buy an air compressor for your tires, the first thing you need to consider is power and pressure. Depending on the tires you need to pump, you will need a different level of pressure from your air compressor or you will simply be wasting energy. You can find the required information in your users manual for your vehicle to make sure the air compressor you buy can do the job.
Weight and Size
If you are looking to take the air compressor with you in the car, it is a good idea to look at weight to make sure you can transport it easily, but also size. You may want to store the air compressor in the car so you always have it on hand and you don’t want it to take up too much room in the trunk.
So, there we have it for air compressors for your tires. Air compressors are a great option if you’re looking for quick and efficient pumping which can be used on a range of other inflatables.
If you are looking for the highest quality and security, the EPAuto Digital Tire Inflator cannot be beaten in terms of safety and efficiency. If you’re looking for something to keep in the car in case of emergency, the Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor is an all round model that offers everything you need without breaking the bank. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more heavy duty, the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty offers intense power and superior durability.
We hope Surf’n’Buy have helped you find the right option to keep you safe when you’re out on the road and look forward to seeing you in the next guide.