When you’re out on the road, the last thing you want is to be caught out by a flat tire, especially if you’re on a long road or a secluded spot. That is why it is always a great idea to have a portable air compressor for your truck tires to keep them pumped when disaster strikes. To help you find the right air compressor for your need, Surf’n’Buy have put together some of the best air compressors for truck tires to help you find the right one for your needs.
Top 3 Air Compressors for Truck Tires
1. VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor
TheVIAIR 300P Portable Compressor offers a 12 volt, 150 PSI maximum working pressure to ensure that it is capable of pumping the largest of tires. With a 33& duty cycle, this portable air compressor is quick to recover so that you can move onto the next tire without having to wait for the pump to recover. Able to connect to the vehicle battery in order to power up, you don’t need to worry about charging batteries or finding a mains outlet in order to power this air compressor and get your truck back up and running.
The direct, heavy duty battery clamps and 40-amp inline fuse ensure that when using the truck battery to power up, there is no risk of a blown battery and no damage to the truck or pump. This makes the VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor incredibly reliable so that you can get going as soon as possible.
- The 12 volt use won’t take in too much battery which could damage either the truck or the air compressor. It runs on just enough power to get the pump going.
- This air compressor has an inbuilt fuse to ensure no accidents happen from a surge of power reaching the motor. This makes the use of the VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor much more secure, so you don’t need to worry about a fuse blowing or damage to the truck’s battery.
- The heavy duty battery clamps mean there is no need to remember to charging a battery or find an outlet in order to pump up a troubling tire, you can simply attach it to a running engine to get back up and rinning.
- The 150 PSI capability makes sure that this air compressor can cope with a large range of tire sizes and will get them to the requisite standard until you can properly service the tire.
- Although the attached hose has a 25 foot length, it does not comfortably stretch out the entire distance. This can be annoying for those working in tricky areas who might need the flexibility of a large cord length.
- The clamp on tire chuck is slightly too deep and can make it difficult for the air to flow properly. This can cause air to flow back into the tank which can be an issue due to loss of pressure or a malfunction.
- The compressor has to be turned off in order to obtain an accurate tire pressure reading, which may cause air to leak out of the tire in this time, which can make getting tires to the right pressure very difficult.
- The air chuck can struggle with smaller nozzles such as those on bicycles, so this may need an adaptor in order to make the connection work properly.
The VIAIR 300P Portable Compressor is one of the best value portable air compressors on the market which offers a wide variety of uses and a great deal of power. If you are looking for a portable air compressor to make sure that you are covered when out on the road, this is an excellent option for you. The lightweight design and quick to recover motor system makes this the perfect option for those who need to get up and running as soon as possible should something go wrong.
2. GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty
The GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty has an incredibly fast inflation rate due to the 150 PSI capability which allows air flow of up to 70 liters per minute. This allows it to pump a standard vehicle tire in 1.5 minutes, much faster than many other options on the market. The attached rubber feet keep the air compressor in place as it works, making it much more powerful because energy is not lost through movement, and much more reliable and safe because it will stay put during use. This also reduces vibration and noise, which can be irritating during use.
The direct drive inflation pump has two cylinders of air working at the same time which makes it much more effective and powerful. This allows the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty to inflate tires much faster than most other models and increased efficiently. The direct drive motor also makes the rotating speed slow down which increases efficiency and reliability due to reduced wear.
The GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty also has a 3M cigarette lighter power cord, a 3 meter hose and a high quality battery clamp so that it can offer you not only what you need it to, but more since you can power it from many different outlets. The easy to use control center is all at your fingertips so that you can gauge the tenstion of the tire as well as control the airflow as you need to.
- The high PSI and air flow allow the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty to inflate a standard tire in less than two minutes so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.
- The included safety features reduce movement, reducing noise and vibrations as well as increasing safety and reliability when using the air compressor.
- With a double cylinder body, there is increased airflow through the nozzle to give powerful inflation capability.
- The easy to access control panel means you won’t be hunting for gauges and switches.
- With a range of additional features on the body of the air compressor, this model offers you everything you need and more.
- The air hose is slightly too thick to extend all the way, which can make it difficult to use if you need to stretch the hose across a long vehicle.
- The accessories included are not of as high quality as others available, so additional purchases may be needed to keep everything in working order.
The GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty is the best quality portable air compressor in this guide. It offers a great range of power outlets as well as a huge range of safety and efficiency features which make I hard to beat. With everything you need to get started, there is no need to purchase additional accessories and you can pump up your tires in less than two minutes. If you are looking for the most reliable air compressor available, you can’t go wrong with the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty.
3. ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor
Made from some of the lightest weight, highly durable engineering grade materials, the ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor is one of the lightest portable air compressors on the market, coming in at only 1.6 ounces. Each component is built to last to make sure that you get the most out of your purchase. The hard-adonized cylinder bore reduces friction and wear so that there is very little maintenance needed with this air compressor.
Sealed for moisture and dust resistance, dust and debris will not be an issue with this machine. The heavy duty maxi-fuse is designed with professionals in mind to provide supreme in-line circuit protection so that no damage will occur to either the air compressor or to the car battery. The quality components are crafted to make use of this air compressor much quieter than other models to allow you to concentrate as you work.
- This air compressor is incredibly lightweight and portable, making it easy to store in the trunk and carry with you wherever you need it to go.
- The highly durable materials and innovative design ensure that there is little maintenance required with the ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor and that it is built to last a lifetime.
- Sealed from moisture and dust, you are much less likely to run into issues with a blockage or malfunction due to these issues.
- The heavy duty fuse allows just enough power to reach the air compressor without allowing for either damage to the battery or too much power to reach the motor and cause a system failure.
- The attached alligator clips are very small and may not be suitable for use with larger batteries. This may need an adaptor or a new set of clips in order to use the air compressor properly.
- The air compressor can heat up during use, which can be dangerous since it is attached to an electric battery. Make sure to monitor this during use and allow to cool before storing away.
- The wire harness can be complex to attach or mount the air compressor, so this will take some time to go through the manual and make sure everything is done correctly.
The final option in our list is the ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor. This air compressor is one of the lightest options on the market and perfect for those who need a small air compressor to keep in their truck in case of emergency. The specially chosen materials and components ensure that this is an air compressor that is built to last and have as little maintenance as possible. The specially sealed body protects the internal mechanisms from being affected by dust and moisture to really make sure that maintenance is kept to a minimum and durability is pushed to the maximum.
The standard time for inflating a tire is around 2 to 3 minutes, however some options are able to do this faster. The combination of a CFM and PSI will roughly allow you to gauge how fast the tires will be inflated, but it is also dependent on the size of tire you are looking to pump.
There are two main kinds of power sources: battery and alligator clips. Alligator clips attach to the car battery, or sometimes a cigarette lighter, in order to power the air compressor. Battery powered options have an internal battery which needs to be charged. The choice between these options is down to personal preference, however if you have forgotten to charge the battery and don’t have a spare, you may be caught short if you do not have alligator clips which will power the air compressor also.
SCFM and PSI
SCFM is the Standard Cubic Feet per Minute and refers to the amount of air the compressor can give out at a certain time. The higher the CFM, the faster the air will come out, but SCFM is the standard in relation to all possibilities. The CFM in combination with the PSI will guide the inflation rate, and the CFM also gives an indication of the recovery time of the air compressor between uses.
PSI means Pounds per Square Inch and refers to how much pressure the compressor is able to exault. This will also depend on the amount of horsepower the motor is able to give out. The higher the PSI, the more storage the tank will generally have and the power it will be able to release during use. This generally leads to a faster inflation time.
With so many uses for air compressors, it can be hard to know what you need to service your vehicle. If you don’t want to sacrifice power and versatility, the GSPSCN Tire Inflator Heavy Duty able Compressor is the one for you, as it doesn’t short on quality. However, if you’re looking for an all-round, good value option, we here at Surf’n’Buy highly recommend both the VIAIR 300P Port and the ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor, as these two options combine quality and versatility to fill any need.