If you have trouble maintaining a healthy blood pressure level, or you simply want to keep track of your blood pressure, then a blood pressure monitor is a great purchase to make so that you can stay healthy and work towards maintaining good blood pressure levels. There are numerous products on the medical market that can help you do this at home and whilst this ensures that there is a product out there for you, it also means that it can be difficult to know which product will best suit your needs and give you the right features and specifications.
That is where Surf’n’Buy’s guide comes in. We have developed another of our helpful buying guides to help you navigate the different areas of the medical market so that you can find the right blood pressure monitor for you. With detailed sections on how to define your needs, how to fill them, and what the best brands are to trust, we are certain that this guide will help you find the right blood pressure monitor for you to use at home.
As well as our detailed guide, we also have five of the best products available on the market, all reviewed in detail in our recommended products section, so you can be sure that you are making the right choice and getting the right product. We hope that this guide helps you to find the right blood pressure monitor, without the time, energy and frustration that can be spent on major purchases such as these, as we have done all of the work for you and developed this easily accessible guide with an option for anyone, no matter what their needs.
Here is our list of the top 5 blood pressure monitors in 2020.
Top 5 Blood Pressure Monitors
1. Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- Two users can accurately measure their blood pressure; store and review up to 100 readings each (200 readings total) and features OMRON exclusive TruRead technology that automatically takes three consecutive readings and calculates the average
- Includes OMRON'S patented, pre formed ComFit arm cuff that inflates around your entire arm to help ensure accurate readings; fits both regular and large sized arms (fits arms 9 to 17 inches in circumference)
- Easy to read backlit screen with extra large digits and multi colored LED indicator lights show your readings compare to internally recognized guidelines for normal or hypertensive blood pressure ranges
- OMRON is the #1 recommended home blood pressure monitor brand by doctors and pharmacists for clinically accurate home monitoring, and the #1 selling manufacturer of home blood pressure monitors for over 40 years
- Note: Blood pressure varies constantly due to many factors including stress, time of day, and how you wrap the cuff, may affect your blood pressure
TruRead technology automatically takes three consecutive readings in one minute intervals and calculates the average so that you get a greater degree of accuracy. The cuff fits both standard and large arms, making them suitable for any user; it is easy to adjust and is pre-formed so that you can avoid incorrect cuff placement, giving you a more precise reading. The screen has a back light so that you can see the screen in the dark if needed.
Extra large digits and multi-coloured indicator lights make the screen much easier to read and understand, even for those with poor sight. Increased memory storage keeps a record of previous uses and can memorise up to 200 readings so that you can track your health as you use the blood pressure monitor more and more. The battery power gives you a portable blood pressure monitor that you can take with you on the go, unrestricted by cables or plugs.
- The TruRead technology featured on the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor gives you much greater accuracy on every reading, so you know exactly how well you are progressing with this blood pressure monitor.
- The pre-formed cuff sits comfortably in the correct positioning to increase overall accuracy and the larger strap makes this monitor suitable for all users, as it will fit even larger arms than most option.
- The black lit screen, large digital display and multi-coloured coding lights helps to make the screen much easier to read and understand, which is ideal for those with poor eyesight or little technological experience.
- With up to 200 readings stored in the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, you can keep a detailed track of your blood pressure levels, helping you to understand your levels and how you are improving.
- The light and compact design means you can take this monitor with you without having to worry about plugging it in, simply charge up and go.
- The arm cuff is fitted to an averagely sized arm, so although it is large enough to fit larger arms, it may be uncomfortable due to the shape of the cuff.
- With the results being calculated with three averages, there may be some inaccuracies in the results, especially if an anomalous reading is taken.
- The numerous features of the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor can make it a little difficult to work properly, making it harder for older or less technological users.
- It has been known to read blood pressure as 10mmHg higher than the average GP blood pressure monitor.
- It can take a lot of time to set up this monior before use, which can waste time in medical situations.
The Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is our #1 in this buying guide, as this lightweight blood pressure monitor is ideal for taking on the go and using as you need to. With a large memory, you can record your progress with detailed records of your past readings and other factors. The large, clear display is very easy to read and understand, making it perfect for those with lower sight capabilities. If you are looking for a high quality blood pressure monitor that you can use on the go, this blood pressure monitor is the one for you.
2. Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
- INSTANT MONITORING - This Generation Guard Clinical Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is designed to make your blood pressure monitoring simple, quick and easy at all times. It will give you the systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings along with the heart rate.
- CLINICALLY ACCURATE - This digital blood pressure monitor device has an advanced measuring technique that gives you not just the fastest reading method but more importantly the most accurate one. It only gives you the most reliable reading as to whether or not you have a higher blood pressure or lower blood pressure than the normal one. This is of major importance because accuracy of readings is quite vital in high blood pressure medication.
- HEARTBEAT DETECTOR AND HYPERTENSION INDICATOR - Recording your heartbeat and indications of hypertension is one of the best things about your Generation Guard Clinical Automatic Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor. Its Hypertension Indicator will show if the reading exceeds internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels. In addition, the Heartbeat Detector will alert you if you have irregular heart rate while your blood pressure is being taken.
- MEMORY RECALL - The memory recall feature will record the previous readings and can store up to 90 readings. This will help you distinguish how many times a day did your blood pressure fluctuate from normal to unusual or alarming levels.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - On top of all those amazing features mentioned, you can be assured by the fact that Generation Guard’s legacy has only been established with integrity and its most trusted clinical products being sold in the market. You will definitely love this very user-friendly and portable device as you can bring it with you anytime, anywhere. Just like all of the other Generation Guard products, this a must in every family’s medical kit at home. Buy now and see for yo
The Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is FDA approved. The revolutionary DPDA measurement technique makes this blood pressure monitor highly accurate. It is much faster than other models, wasting less time waiting for readings to be calculated. This blood pressure monitor has a mobile app so that you can connect your smart phone to your blood pressure monitor. Cool, huh? Unlimited app storage means that you can keep a comprehensive record of all of your results and you can keep close track of your heart health.
This monitor is incredibly easy to use and read, making it much more user friendly than other products. With an added hypertension monitor, you have greater control and understanding of your blood pressure and health. It comes with everything that you need to get started, and is battery powered and portable as well.
- With FDA approval, the Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the best blood pressure monitors on the market, assuring accuracy on your readings.
- It is the only blood pressure monitor in this review to have a DPDA measurement technique, making the readings much more accurate and faster to run, so you’ll not have to wait for a reading.
- With the Bluetooth feature you can save your records on your phone with unlimited memory, giving you a detailed and useful history of your blood pressure readings.
- Added hypertension monitoring ensures that you are able to keep track of your blood pressure in all situations.
- With everything you need to get started and a portable battery powered design, the Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is suitable to take on the go.
- Low price.
- The instructions to run the Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor are not very clear and this can be an annoyance for those who are not very tech savvy.
- The cuff can be difficult to line up properly if your arms are on the shorter side.
- The cuff is quite long and this can make it difficult to fit onto slimmer and smaller arms.
- The time and date feature can often malfunction and show a different date and this can skew your results.
- The app can at times be unresponsive, making it difficult to keep accurate track of your blood pressure recordings.
The Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is an incredibly accurate blood pressure monitor with DPDA technology and FDA approval, so it is one of the best to give you an accurate and speedy reading every time. The Bluetooth app on your smart phone allows you to track every reading and keep an eye on your blood pressure on a larger scale and view your progress. With an added hypertension monitor, it gives you complete readings and the battery powered design means that you can take it on the go and test your blood pressure whenever it is necessary. For those who want a comprehensive, portable and easy to use blood pressure monitor, the Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the best options and one of the few on the market with FDA approval.
3. Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor
- Physician Trusted. 9 out of 10 U.S. physicians use Welch Allyn products in their daily practice. Welch Allyn is the brand used for blood pressure measurement by more physicians than any other brand
- Clinical-grade Technology. The Welch Allyn Home 1700 blood pressure machine incorporates SureBP, the same blood pressure technology featured in Welch Allyn vital signs monitors used by physicians
- Fast and Comfortable. The 1700 BP monitor captures readings in about 20 seconds—about ½ the time as the leading competitor—while the blood pressure cuff is inflating to minimize squeezing
- Easy to Use. One touch triggers the 1700 BP monitor to capture a reading
- Seamless Connectivity. Track and share results with loved ones and caregivers with Bluetooth connectivity and through the free Welch Allyn Home App.Bluetooth 4.0 allows for a seamless connection to your smartphone
This blood pressure monitor has SureBP technology to capture readings quickly and accurately. The readings are captures within 20 seconds, half the time of many other brands on the market. It is very user friendly with one button operation, simply press the button to get started and to stop the monitor. The highly accurate system makes sure that you have proper readings for your records to keep track of your health.
The smartphone app is easy to use and safely records your readings so that you can track your health. The Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor is accurate to a clinical level, making it one of the most trusted blood pressure monitors by physicians. The cuff is suitable for a wide range of arm sizes, so you don’t have to purchase larger cuffs to get an accurate reading on your blood pressure monitor. It weighs one pound.
- SureBP technology makes the Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor much faster and highly accurate to a clinical level, so you know that you are keeping good track of your health.
- The user friendly interface starts reading with the press of a button, so there is no complicated set up with this blood pressure monitor.
- The smartphone app is easy to use and keeps track of all of your readings so that you can track and analyse your blood pressure levels.
- The cuff suits a range of sizes and shapes of arm so that it fits with incredible comfort, making it suitable for all users.
- The Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor is trusted by 9 out of 10 physicians, making this blood pressure monitor clinical quality that you can use in your own home.
- Battery powered operation gives you the option of taking the blood pressure on the go, so you can take readings anywhere.
- This monitor is heavier than other options at one pound in comparison to others that weigh ounces, so it may be more difficult to take with you when you go out.
- It is also larger than other products, making it difficult to fit in a bag.
- This blood pressure monitor doesn’t come with a start up kit, so there is not as many features and add ons as other products in this review.
- The smartphone app can sometimes malfunction and crash and this can lose readings leaving gaps or anomalies in your results.
Trusted by 9 out of 10 physicians, the Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor is a high grade medical blood pressure monitor for your home based usage. With an incredibly comfortable cuff and quick readings, you can get an accurate reading as soon as possible so you aren’t waiting around for your blood pressure monitor. With SureBP technology, you get medically accurate readings with every use and the smartphone app allows you to record and track all of your readings and progress. This easy to use blood pressure monitor is simply an one button operation, so if you are looking for a medical grade blood pressure monitor that is user friendly, fast and efficient, the Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the best on the market and it has the added advantage of being the choice of many physicians.
4. GreaterGoods Balance Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor
- THE RIGHT CHOICE: Trends matter. Track them at home with a high-accuracy, Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor.
- THE FEATURES YOU NEED: Bluetooth connectivity, 2 power sources, premium blood pressure cuff, & more. Fits 8.75 - 16.5 inch circumference upper arm.
- BACKED BY REAL SUPPORT: The friendly team at our St. Louis headquarters is here for whatever you need.
- MADE THE RIGHT WAY: Your purchase should have a positive impact on all the people involved.
- PAY IT FORWARD: A piece of your purchase helps Love146 fight trafficking & care for survivors.
The Balance has bluetooth capability so you can sync it up to an app on your phone, making tracking your health much easier. The blood pressure monitor comes with an all-in-one kit to get you started straight away. The large LCD display is easy to read and the large numbers are best for those with poor sight. The GreaterGoods Balance Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor has memory enough for two users so that you can share it with your partner. The cuff adjusts to fit the size of most arms. Each monitor comes with a two-year warranty to cover you for any manufacturer error. This blood pressure monitor is battery powered to free you from wires and make the blood pressure monitor portable. It weighs 13 ounces.
- The smart phone app and Bluetooth capabilities gives you the ability to track your progress on your phone, giving you a much better record of your health.
- The large LCD screen, large number and back light provides a much clearer and brighter screen which is better for those who struggle with poor eyesight.
- With a two user memory, the GreaterGoods Balance Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor can be used for couples who want to take care of their health and blood pressure.
- The adjustable cuff fits most arms and is much more comfortable than most options.
- Battery power means that you can take the Balance on the go, giving you freedom from wires and plugs.
- The lightweight body of the blood pressure monitor is very easy to carry with you for results on the go.
- The long warranty covers any issues you may encounter.
- The app is not very responsive and can crash, which sometimes loses the reading or recording that you have just made.
- The cuff is a little bit stiff and can be difficult to adjust into a comfortable position.
- The Balance is slightly less accurate than other products, but only marginally.
- Can take a long time to charge when the battery runs low, which can be annoying if you wish to use the Balance often.
The Balance is one of the best products on the market when it comes to blood pressure monitors, as it gives you high accuracy, an easy to read screen and a very useful app to make tracking your health much easier. There is enough memory for two users, so it is family friendly as well as user friendly. With battery power you are free from wires and the lightweight design means that you can take the GreaterGoods Balance Bluetooth Blood Pressure Monitor with you out and about, allowing you to check your blood pressure whenever you need to. If you’re looking for a high quality, easy to use blood pressure monitor, this monitor is one of the top-rated products on the market.
5. Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor
- FSA-ELIGIBLE ITEM - If you have a flexible spending account with your employee health plan, no doctor’s prescription is needed to purchase a Withings BPM
- HIGH-ACCURACY – Ideal for monitoring blood pressure at home or on the go. Cuff fits arm circumference from 9 to 17 inches (22 to 42 cm)
- EASY - App launches automatically and provides instant color-coded feedback
- AUTOMATIC SYNCHRONIZATION - Data from every measurement appears in the Health Mate app via Bluetooth (iOS8+ and Android 5+)
- Delivers color-coded results and advice based on internationally-recognized standards
This machine is completely wireless, making it very easy to set up and use. The Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor has a smart phone app to sync your readings. The blood pressure monitor has dual connectivity in both Bluetooth and wires so that you can always ensure that there is a connection. The app gives you recommended values to consider to help improve your blood pressure and overall health. Pretty useful, right? This monitor is compatible with both android and apple smartphones to make it user friendly.
This blood pressure monitor measures systaltic and diastolic blood pressure, as well as your heart rate so that you have detailed records of your health. The smartphone app records your progress with unlimited memory. The app organises your readings and information to make it easy to read. The cuff is made to fit all arms and be comfortable without losing accuracy on your readings.
- The wireless connection frees the user from wires, making connectivity and use even easier, no matter what your technology skills.
- The smartphone app keeps record of your readings, organises your information and gives you tips on how you can improve your health in the future, making it one of the most user friendly blood pressure monitors on the market.
- With several readings taken at once, you get incredibly detailed readings of your blood pressure levels and overall aortic health so that you can improve it.
- The app recordings make it easy to share your information with doctors and physicians when tracking and improving your health.
- The dual connectivity of Bluetooth and wires means that you can always have connection with your blood pressure monitor.
- The Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is one of the most modern blood pressure monitors on the market, making it incredibly innovative and easy to use.
- The Bluetooth connectivity can malfunction when trying to connect this monitor with several users, making it a longer process to try and take a reading.
- The power is awkward to activate with the cuff is on your arm and those with limited dexterity may need another person to help you, which is difficult if you live alone.
- The Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor can take failed readings, making anomalies a common occurrence.
- The Android version cannot use the USB as an alternative to Bluetooth, so if the Bluetooth fails Android users cannot use the blood pressure monitor.
- The battery can take a while to charge, which can limit your use of the monitor.
- The Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor cannot detect irregular heartbeats and this can cause incorrect readings on the monitor, skewing your results.
This blood pressure monitors is one of the most sleek and modern designs of a blood pressure monitor to date and has several excellent functions to help you keep track of your health and find ways to improve it. The user friendly interface works at the click of a button and everything is recorded onto your phone for your convenience. With both Bluetooth and wired connections, you will always be able to use this blood pressure monitor, no matter where you are or what device you are using. If you are looking for an advanced blood pressure monitor that will offer you more than the average machine, the Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor is the perfect option for you and your needs.
Quality vs Cheap Blood Pressure Monitor
According to the American Heart Association more than 103 milion U.S. adolts have high blood pressure monitor. When it comes to your health and any products that are made to keep you healthy, you want to make sure that you purchase a high quality product with the best features and specifications for your needs. You also want a quality product that is built to last and gives you what you need. This section of our guide has five areas that you need to look at to ensure that you get a high quality blood pressure monitor that will give you everything that you need for good health and records.
When it comes to your blood pressure you want a blood pressure monitor that is highly accurate so that you can plan your progress around it. There are several features that blood pressure monitors offer to ensure a higher accuracy, the best being several readings taken at once and then an average being taken. Also make sure to look at what measurements are actually being taken, as some blood pressure monitors offer more reading than others, giving you a better indication of your aortic health. In our recommended section the Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor has three readings to ensure you get a full scope of your heart health.
Different blood pressure monitors will offer different features and you should look into these before you make any purchase, as there are some features that will suit you better than others. There are many features to look into but higher quality blood pressure monitors will offer you a greater number of features that help to give you a better quality blood pressure monitor with greater support and greater convenience. Make sure you take a look into what features you feel you may need or want before you start looking at products.
The cuff size is quite an important factor of the blood pressure monitor, as it is the main part of the blood pressure monitor needed for readings. There are some blood pressure monitors that will offer a one size fits all cuff so that you don’t need any extensions or added cuffs, but these can be difficult to receive an accurate reading from and they can be more uncomfortable than others. Higher quality blood pressure monitors have a pre-formed cuff feature that gives you a shaped cuff so that you know exactly where to place the cuff for the best reading, as well as the best comfortability.
It is important that the blood pressure monitor is comfortable. If it is too tight, the circulation will be cut off and you won’t get an accurate reading, but if it is too loose then you may not be able to get a reading at all. Digital blood pressure monitors will change the inflation of the monitor to reach the correct reading, but you should also look for a comfortable option if you plan to use the monitor very often and require a higher accuracy to keep track of your blood pressure levels.
Recording your blood pressure levels is an important step in keeping track of your heart and blood pressure, as you can track your progress and easily give doctors and physicians your readings. This will get you the best idea of your health and allow doctors to advice you properly on how to improve. Many blood pressure monitors have a smartphone app that will track your progress at an infinite level for comprehensive records of your blood pressure. The top quality blood pressure monitors, however, also have a feature that will offer you tips and advice from the app itself, giving you better support and a higher chance of success.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Blood Pressure Monitor
There are a number of factors to consider when it comes to blood pressure monitors, as there are many different kinds, brands and products to choose from and consider. To help cut down on the confusion that can come from this, we have some factors you should take into consideration so that you can get the best blood pressure monitor that will offer you the support that you need.
Digital or Manual
There are two kinds of blood pressure monitor, a digital and a manual monitor. Manual blood pressure monitors require the cuff being inflated by hand and this can make it difficult to get an accurate reading. Generally, for home use it is recommended that you use a digital blood pressure monitor so that you get an accurate reading and better results. This will make it a lot easier to get the right inflation and get a much more accurate reading. We have five of the best digital blood pressure monitors in our recommended list, so make sure to check them out.
There are a large number of brands and products out there when it comes to blood pressure monitors and other health based products, and some can be of better quality than others. If you want a highly accurate blood pressure monitor for the best results then look at monitors that are clinically validated. This means that it is trusted by physicians and will give you medical grade accuracy. In our recommended guide, the Clinical Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor has been approved by the FDA, so make sure to check it out when you look at blood pressure monitors to buy.
Reading times differ between different blood pressure monitors and it can range anywhere from 20 seconds to a full minute to get a full and accurate reading. If you feel uncomfortable with the process of a blood pressure monitor then you may want to look into products that take as little time as possible. The Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor from our recommended list, for example, takes only 20 seconds to take a full reading and record it for your convenience. If you don’t mind blood pressure monitors then you may not need this speed, but it is a consideration to make.
Most blood pressure monitors will record some recordings so that you can get a better idea of how your blood pressure is progressing and you can track your progress. Some blood pressure monitors will store the results in the monitor itself, allowing you to connect to a PC or laptop to record your progress. Other blood pressure monitors have Bluetooth connectivity and connect to a smartphone app that you can download and use at home. This makes it much easier to record your progress and offers a greater storage memory for longer results.
If you have a heart condition and need to take your blood pressure monitor out and about with you, then you will need to consider the actual portability of the monitor, i.e. size and weight. The heavier and larger the monitor, the more difficult it will be to carry around with you on a daily basis. When considering the portability you should also think about whether or not the blood pressure monitor is battery powered, as if it is not you will need to find a plug to use the machine when out of the house, which can be difficult.
If you are opting for a battery powered blood pressure monitor then you need to consider how long the batteries will actually last, especially if you plan to take the monitor with you when you leave the house. The longer the battery life, the better because it will last throughout the day. However, if it is not as long as you would like it to be there are options such as spare batteries and portable chargers that can help to extend the battery life and make sure the blood pressure monitor is ready for use whenever you need it to be.
More expensive blood pressure monitors offer more innovative features, and these are an important factor to consider if you have a long term heart condition, or if you just want to make sure you get the best and most comprehensive health support. Features such as an irregular heartbeat (aka Heart Arrhythmia) detector and a risk indicator can give you a better picture of your blood pressure and when you need to see medical help and attention. This can greatly benefit anyone, not only those with heart conditions, so make sure to consider these features when you look at different blood pressure monitors to buy.
Best Brands of Blood Pressure Monitors
Surely you don’t want to mess around with your high blood pressure. To find a good product you need a good brand that you can trust and will give you high quality with every product. With medical equipment this is especially important, as there are so many brand out there to choose from, making it confusing and difficult to find the right brand to buy from. This section has five of the best brands on the market so that you know where to give your attention to find the right blood pressure monitor. Some of these brands are featured in our list of recommended products, so make sure to check there, too.
Omron is one of the leading companies in medical equipment for the monitoring of health and some therapies, manufacturing a wide range of equipment for home and professional use. All of Omron’s products are clinically verified, so you know that you are receiving a high quality product for a good price. With decades of experience, Omron have been an innovative force in the medical market and pioneered new products and technologies to ensure their products offer the best health support. Each product comes with a warranty of at least 12 months to ensure you are supported and covered for any issues.
Welch Allyn have been established for over 100 years, pioneering new technologies in home based medical support and equipment. With a deep focus on the health and benefits of the patience, Welch Allyn has some of the best medical equipment products available, and a reputation that surpasses many other brands. With warranties offered with every product, make sure to check them out when looking at products, especially the Welch Allyn Home 1700 Blood Pressure Monitor from our recommended section of this guide, as we believe it to be one of the best.
Withings is a large company that manufactures a great deal of modern health and wellness products for home use, such as digital scales and watches, as well as blood pressure monitors. Their innovative products have given them an excellent reputation for quality and customer service, so you are sure to get a product that will suit your needs and support your health closely. Each product comes with a two year warranty to cover manufacturing issues and replacements, so you are sure to be fully covered with any Withings blood pressure monitor. We recommend the Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor, so make sure to check out our detailed guide of this product above.
Launched in 2005, Duronic has grown into a global brand, manufacturing a great deal of products that cater to the lives and needs of many. The health section of Duronic opened in 2013, but has quickly developed an excellent reputation for quality and health support, so you know that you are receiving a trustworthy and clinically verified product. Each product comes with a warranty to ensure customer satisfaction, so make sure to research this before you buy, as this will give you the best coverage in the case of any issues.
Pro Logic is a basic manufacturer that develops products for other medical professionals. These products are designed to be of clinical quality and offer some of the best features available for your needs. There are a number of Pro Logic blood pressure monitors and each comes with a long warranty to cover the customer from any repairs or replacements that may need doing. Although not a large brad, Pro Logic supply blood pressure monitors to many medical professionals, so do not underestimate the quality of their products.
Consider Your Needs When Buying Blood Pressure Monitor
Finding the right product for your needs is important with any purchase, but it is especially more important when it comes to medical equipment. This section of Surf’n’Buy’s buying guide breaks down what your needs may be when it comes to a blood pressure monitor and what the best ways are to fill those needs. This will help you to find the right blood pressure monitor for your health needs, giving you everything you need to track and improve your heart health and blood pressure.
Budget is important when buying anything, as you need to stick to a product that you can afford and blood pressure monitors can range anywhere from $20 to $300, with different features and specifications being added as the price goes up. If you are looking for a blood pressure monitor for occasional use then you will not need as expensive a monitor, as you will not have varying needs. If you have been advised to track your blood pressure by a physician, however, then it is a good idea to go for a higher price, as this will give you more features for support, such as a risk assessment and a range of readings.
There are three sizes when it comes to blood pressure monitor cuffs and finding the right size makes it a lot easier to get the cuff fitted and receive an accurate reading. Make sure to measure your arm with a soft tape measure and compare the results below so that you get the right size.
Small cuff sizes fit arm sizes of 18-22 centimeters and 7.1-8.7 inches.
Medium cuff sizes fit arm sizes of 22-32 centimeters and 8.8-12.8 inches. This is the most common size and will fit most arms.
Large cuff sizes fit arm sizes of 32-45 centimeters and 12.8-18 inches.
Vision and Display
If you have poorer vision then you will want a blood pressure monitor that will offer you user friendly displays with features such as larger numbers, back lights and colour coded results. These features can help those with poor eyesight, or even simply those who are not very tech savvy, as this gives you a display that is easy to read and decipher your results without any complicated numbers or dim screens with small letters. We recommend the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor for this king of display, as it is very user friendly.
For those who are looking for a home blood pressure monitor to track your blood pressure on a long term basis then you will need a blood pressure monitor that offers a greater storage space than most. Some blood pressure monitors have smartphone apps to store your readings, which can be a great way to store and view your blood pressure progress as you go. Other options have storage space within the monitor itself, but these are more basic and not recommended for those with long term blood pressure issues, as it will not offer a long enough history of your blood pressure and health.
If you are looking into a blood pressure monitor that uses a smartphone app to record your readings then you need to consider how it is connected to the device of your choice. Most blood pressure monitors will use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connectivity to sync with your phone and record your readings, but this can sometimes fail. Others will use a wire connection but this can be limiting and cause issues if the wire becomes lost. The preferred method of connectivity is down to the user, but finding the right one is important. We recommend a Bluetooth connection with the option of a wire in case of malfunction.
Some heart conditions may require you to use a blood pressure monitor on a regular basis, and this can mean that you may need to take it with you when you leave the house so that you have it handy when you need it. For this purpose you need a smaller, lighter blood pressure monitor that can be easily and quickly used when needed. There are numerous options on our recommended list that are small, light and compact enough to travel well, so make sure to read through our five reviews of recommended products to help you find the right product.
Tips and Tricks How to Use Blood Pressure Monitor
We create our buying guides with the aim of helping you to find the right product, but we also like to add in some helpful tips and tricks to support you even after your purchase. Below Surf’n’Buy have compiled some useful tips and tricks that we think will help you get the most out of your blood pressure monitor, ensure you get accurate readings and help you to use the blood pressure monitor in the right way.
Keep it Calibrated
Calibrating your blood pressure monitor is essential to keeping it working properly and receiving accurate readings when you use it. It is recommended that you recalibrate your blood pressure monitor every two weeks or so, as this will ensure accurate results. Some blood pressure monitors will give you instructions on how to do this at home, but others may need to be taken to the manufacturer, which may incur a fee. Make sure that you do your research on this point to ensure you know what you’re getting and what you need to do to maintain your blood pressure monitor.
Preparing to take your blood pressure is an important step towards getting a reading that is as accurate as possible, which is best for detailed records. Make sure that you do not need the toilet and that you have not recently eaten a big meal, as this can make your blood pressure spike. Rest for five minutes to allow your heart rate to regulate and wear loose fitting clothes so that your arm can truly relax. This will help you to get an accurate, resting level blood pressure reading for the best results so that you can track your progress.
Always Use the Same Arm
Each arm can give a slightly different reading on the blood pressure monitor. To get a more accurate reading you should make sure to use the same arm each and every time you take your blood pressure to ensure that all of your blood pressure readings are relative to each other to show precise progress. If possible, use the arm that the doctor or physician uses when checking your blood pressure so that your recordings are relative to readings taken in doctors appointments and you can give them accurate results each time you visit for a check up.
Support Your Arm
Make sure that you are comfortable and that your arm is supported throughout the reading by something comfortable like a pillow or cushion. Your arm should be relaxed, not tensed and placed on a flat surface and your feet should be flat on the floor. Place the cuff level to your heart for the best reading, as this is where the cuff will be able to get the strongest reading. Supporting your arm helps the blood vessels to relax properly and the blood pressure monitor will be able to get a clearer reading, which is best for your records.
Do Not Round Your Measurements
Blood pressure readings are taken in mmHg, with the ideal blood pressure being 120/80 mmHg. If you do not understand blood pressure readings then it can be tempting to round these measurements to the closest number, but this can have major effects. Even one unit of difference can affect the treatment that you receive from medical professionals. Make sure to take accurate readings and keep the number exactly as stated on the screen to ensure that you have accurate results and that you will receive the medication and support that you need when you visit the doctor or physician.
Don’t Check Too Often
Make sure to check your blood pressure the exact amount that is recommended by your physician, as checking too often can diminish accuracy. Taking too many readings can cause you to become stressed about small changes in the readings. It is normal for blood pressure to increase when you are stressed and these readings will not be an accurate representation of your blood pressure. Once per day is the average recommendation for those who are having their blood pressure monitored and you should try to take a reading at the same time every day for the best and most accurate results.
There are many benefits to a home based blood pressure monitor, especially for those who are under observation for potential risks or heart conditions as it means that they don’t have to frequent the doctor’s office to get a reading. There is a huge range of blood pressure monitors on the market that can help you monitor your health at home, so we understand that it can be difficult to find the right product for your needs, or even find out what your needs actually are. That is why Surf’n’Buy has developed this guide. Our aim is to take the time and confusion out of major purchases by bringing the information that you need to you in one easy to read guide.
As well as our detailed buying guide, we have five of the top products on the market in our recommended section. We have reviewed each blood pressure monitor with time and care so that you know exact specifications and features. In this guide, our top recommended blood pressure monitor is the Omron 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor, which offers a great deal of features and innovative technologies to make readings more accurate and easier to take. Make sure to take a look at all of our recommended blood pressure monitors, as we are certain that this guide has an option for every customer.
We hope that this guide has helped you to find the right blood pressure monitor for your needs, as well as helping you through the buying process. We have a great deal of guides being produces all the time, so check out our other guides and make sure to come back for your next big purchase. We develop buying guides in all areas, so we are sure to have a guide that will help you with your next big purchase.
- WELCH ALLYN
- More than 100 million Americans have high blood pressure, American Heart Association