Boxing is one of the oldest sports in the world and many people love to get down and personal with one another inside the ring. Boxing is one of those sports that people generally take for granted if they are not actively participating. The gloves are not really of any concern and beginners might want to just start and they do not really know how important the equipment is until they do get into the sport. Since boxing gloves seem basic, we have decided to dive a little deeper into the sport and find out exactly how complicated it can be.
In this article, we have chosen a few top boxing gloves that we believe will be able to change your viewing of the sport. These gloves will also make life easier for you in the ring and thanks to their great durability, you will also be able to keep your hands protected and this could spare you from those obnoxious injuries that might occur. The top boxing gloves have been created with a lot of attention to detail and this is something that you should know when you do invest in a new pair of these gloves.
At the end of the reviews, you will also find an interesting section about the best brands and the top features that you should take into consideration when you are making the choice. So, take a read and find out exactly which boxing glove will be the perfect fit for your needs if you are a professional or amateur boxer.
Top 5 Boxing Gloves
1. TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves
- These gloves feature a full leather outer layer and this outer layer will be perfect for those who are looking for immense durability and also a very hard outer layer to keep their hand protected.
- The gloves also include a specially designed hand compartment and this compartment will be perfect for those who have sweaty hands.
- The glove also offers optimal ventilation that will ensure that your hands are cooler and you have more control over each shot.
- The wrist straps are quite unique and you will have a great fit when you do put them on.
- The wrist straps are also very easy to adjust and this will allow you to get that very comfortable fit that could potentially keep the blood flowing optimally.
- The gloves weigh in at around 16 ounces and this makes them the perfect weight for anyone interested in starting out and not getting too heavy from the start.
- Impact will easily be absorbed by these gloves and your hands will always be protected from getting damage and taking too much punishment
- Impressive durability to keep you using them for multiple years. This could also allow you save some money in the long term and you should not need to buy any new boxing gloves until you go pro.
- Cooler design and great ventilation that will ensure your hands never overheat. This should stop the sweat from letting you lose some control and you will easily be able to fight in total comfort.
- Easy to adjust and get that ideal comfort and fitting that gives you full control. This will give you that perfect fit that is needed. If the gloves are too tight, they might stop the blood flow and influence your fighting.
- Very lightweight when compared to some of the other gloves from top designers. This will be very beneficial to anyone who does only now start out in the world of boxing and since you will be focusing mainly on technique, these boxing gloves should be perfect.
- These gloves have been layered multiple times and these layers should keep your hands protected from impact. New boxers will love this as it will give their hands a lot of time to recover.
- The gloves are not available in a ton of different colors or styles and you might not be able to find the ideal color for you. All of these gloves are predominantly white, but they have colored stripes running down them.
- The fitting inside the glove is quite narrow and many people might find that their hands do not fit inside the gloves. You might need to get yourself one size larger if you have thicker hands.
- The weight is light, but sometimes inconsistent when looking at different sizes. To ensure that your gloves are perfect for you, you should consider looking closely at the weight.
- These gloves are not designed for sparring and they are also quite solid. The gloves will definitely keep your hands protected, but it will not really keep your sparring opponent that protected.
The TITLE Gel world bag gloves are some of the top designed gloves for beginners. These gloves are designed for fighting and for training against those boxing bags and speed bags. The gloves will not be ideal for sparring with your friends. These gloves are extra hard and they will not offer any protection for those individuals you are training with. The pricing on these gloves are also really affordable and this will really make the gloves ideal for those starting out in the world of boxing. We highly recommend these gloves for bag training and for fights, but intermediate fighters might look for more advanced and heavier boxing gloves.
2. Venum Giant 3.0 Boxing Gloves
- The gloves have been constructed from 100% Nappa leather and this leather will give you some of the best durability that you could ask for. The gloves are also very hard on the outside and you should not need to worry about any stubborn tears or damage.
- The gloves also include triple density foam and this foam has been included to reduce the shock that your hands will take when you are either working out or fighting. The foam is very dense and this could potentially even protect your partner when sparring.
- Velcro has been used in the closure system and this Velcro will give you that secure fit and also allow you to easily adjust the gloves if that is needed. The Velcro is also very tough and you should not need to worry about is loosening during the fight.
- The gloves are also available in multiple different colors and these colors will be perfect for those who love the darker styles. These gloves will work with almost any trunks that you could possibly wear.
- These gloves also feature a unique lining and this lining will not only keep your hands protected, but it will also wick away the moisture. This means that sweat will not build up inside the gloves. The added odor protection will also keep any stenches from coming and spoiling your workout.
- Every part of these gloves has also been handmade in Thailand and special care was given to each area of the glove. This special attention to detail will be very crucial in ensuring that you do get great value for your money.
- The Nappa leather is unique and it is a little more durable than the normal leather that has been used in the other gloves. This makes the gloves a little more durable than some of the other synthetic gloves that you could find at cheaper prices.
- The gloves can be easily adjusted and this will make them great for a boxer of any age, size, and shape. The Velcro strapping is also very secure and there should be no way that it could go lose during workouts.
- The triple density foam will absorb most of the shock and this will also allow you to keep on training and hitting those punching bags with lesser chances of fatigue for your hands.
- Antimicrobial properties and great moisture wicking will ensure that the gloves do not get any potential stench. The moisture wicking is also quite impressive and you should not have any troubles when it comes to getting rid of that excess sweat.
- We also love the darker design styles and this should go perfectly with most trucks. The gloves also feature a unique design and attention was paid to detail since the gloves were designed by hand.
- These gloves are quite expensive and you might be able to find premium leather gloves at close to the same price. These gloves are uniquely designed, but we believe they are a little overpriced
- The gloves are also a little bit too heavy for the most beginners to start out with. These heavy gloves could potentially make them a little too big for beginners and for the younger boxers looking to get into the sport.
- The design might be a little too over the top if you find yourself with a professional looking style. These gloves will also be ideal for the pro boxers, but we would recommend using them for practice and sparring.
- The gloves also feature a narrow and more compact fit. This might not be ideal for those with larger hands and you might need to consider looking for the bigger gloves.
The Venum Giant 3.0 Boxing Gloves are some of the toughest boxing gloves that you will find on the market today. These boxing gloves have been handmade in Thailand and they have paid special care to make sure that every detail of these gloves are perfect like they should be. The gloves might be a little bit overpriced, but this is something that you should be able to live with if you have the funds to buy them. We would highly recommend these gloves for those who are really serious about boxing and looking to make a serious go ant the pro levels. The gloves are a little bit too expensive but could be because they are essentially imported. These will also be the ideal gloves if you are looking for something to keep your hands protected.
3. TITLE Boxing Pro Style Leather Training Gloves
- These gloves are designed from full grain premium leather and this will be perfect when it comes to providing you with decent durability.
- The leather also improves the overall durability of the glove and this should allow you to use them for multiple years without any troubles.
- The added twin-ply wrist strap should allow you to have a comfortable and abrasion free experience when wearing these gloves during training. This could help to keep the wrists protected and keep you from getting aggravated injuries.
- Multi-layered shock absorbing layers will ensure that you have that added protection for your hands and your wrists. These gloves might not be ideal for sparring, but they should be perfect for those who love the boxing bags.
- The hook and loop closure gives you a secure fit and in the world of boxing, the fitting is the most important of it all. If the gloves are not comfortable, they might become irritating.
- Satin nylon has been added to the liner and this will help to wick away all of the moisture. Since sweat buildup is quite irritating, this could allow you to keep working out for a longer period of time.
- The gloves are perfect for the beginner boxer and they only weigh in at approximately 14 ounces. This should be perfect for those looking to improve speed and fight with speed over power.
- The gloves are very lightweight and the weight is fundamentally important when you are entering the realm of boxing.
- The gloves feature decent durability and this durability should be perfect for those looking to work out for prolonged periods of time. The gloves should be perfect for those just entering the sport.
- The added moisture wicking should be perfect for those who tend to sweat a lot. No moisture will build up inside and this could help you maintain control.
- These gloves give an impeccable fit and it is thanks to the great hook and loop closure system that has been included.
- The multi-layered shock absorption foam pads will keep your hands protected and will also keep your wrists from taking too much shock.
- The fitting might not be perfect for those who have smaller hands and the gloves could potentially feel like it is too loose.
- The durability is quite high, but the only lack we did find is the stitching. The stitching is sometimes wary and we have found that it sometimes does go loose.
- The red dye certainly is one of the main problems in the beginning and you would sometimes find that this dye will come off. These gloves will sometime irritate you until the dye wears off.
- The design on all of the colors of these gloves will be similar and this design is also quite basic.
The Title Pro Style Leather Training Gloves are some of the cheapest gloves that you could find on the market today. These gloves are designed to give you perfect comfort and to allow you to get to work inside the ring. One of the main drawing factors of these gloves will be the low price tag and with such a low price tag, you should not have any issues to use them if you are a beginner. These gloves might not last forever and the dye and the durability will give in, but we highly recommend these gloves for those looking to break into boxing and also for those looking for an extra pair of training gloves.
4. Everlast Pro Style Training Gloves
- These gloves have been made from synthetic leather and this should help save you some money as a beginner.
- The gloves have also been foam padded and this is one of the top ways that you will be protecting your hands from any damage.
- The gloves have also been infused with the patented Evercool technology. This technology will provide you with some great ventilation and keep your hands cool.
- For safety, they have included an additional thumb lock mechanism and this will keep the thumb from bumping ad getting hurt in a fight or when training.
- You will be able to choose from two ways when it comes to tightening the gloves. The hook and loop feature is the faster more modern one but, if you love the lace up way, you can choose this as well.
- The gloves are available in multiple weights and this will greatly be dictated by the size of the glove that you choose to wear.
- Everfresh is also a new type of technology that has been added to help reduce any stubborn odors from getting into the glove. This will keep your gloves smelling fresh and staying cleaner for much longer.
- You will be able to choose the most comfortable way of closing the glove and making sure that the fit is secure.
- The added padding will be ideal for helping to reduce some of the pain felt on the fists.
- Safety is imperative with the added thumb lock and this should keep your thumbs protected from tough bumps.
- Antimicrobial properties have been added to help reduce the chances of foul smells.
- The synthetic leather greatly reduces the price and should allow anyone to buy these gloves when starting out.
- These gloves also have great ventilation, which should help to reduce fatigue and keep you cool whilst working out.
- These gloves are kind of heavy and they are much better suited for adults than for children.
- The synthetic leather might make the gloves a little cheaper but, it also reduces the overall durability of the gloves.
- The gloves also lacks some wrist support and might not be ideal for more experienced boxers.
- The stitching is another part of the durability that is weak if you are boxing on a regular basis.
The Everlast Pro Style Training gloves are not the most elite of boxing gloves that you will find on the market today. These gloves are a little heavy and they also lack some durability for the regular boxer. If you are looking for a cheap alternative to use occasionally, or if you are a beginner, these gloves should be perfect for you. The gloves are also primarily made for training and not for fighting and we would recommend these gloves for athletes looking to improve their cardio with a little bit of boxing.
5. Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves
- These gloves have been constructed from softer but, still durable PU leather to help reduce the shock on your hands and give you decent durability.
- Triple density foam has been used for the padding and this will give you decent shock absorption. This works with the moldable leather to reduce chances of injuries.
- Hook and loop Velcro enclosure gives you a much faster time when putting them on and will also give you better adjustability.
- The curved anatomical shape perfectly matches the common hand and will make the gloves perfect for you when just starting out.
- These gloves are also available in 6 different colors, which should give you great versatility in terms of your choice.
- These gloves are also available in multiple sizes that should match any boxer and the weight will also be perfect with the wide range of weights that they have available.
- These gloves also feature great stitching and this will make them perfect for hitting boxing bags and training.
- The gloves are quite durable for training extensive periods of time and they will be ideal for the dedicated boxer.
- The gloves are designed to mold to the shape of your hands. The softer leather will remove any break in period.
- Multiple colors are available for you to choose from and this will ensure that every boxer gets the perfect glove that matches their style.
- The Velcro hook and loop feature make the gloves give you the perfect fit and this will be much faster and easier to put on and take off
- The multiple sizes and weights will ensure that the gloves can be perfect for every person and your weight will be perfect for you.
The outer surface of these gloves might be a little too hard for those looking to spar and the gloves are not the perfect gloves for 1-on-1 training.
The thumb area of the glove is not extremely secure and this might lead to some damages to your thumbs and your hands.
These gloves also lack some durability when it comes to the inner. While the outer area is extremely durable, the inner might tear after prolonged use.
The gloves are not really that well ventilated and from time to time, your hands might start to feel like they are overheating.
The Venum Challenger 2.0 Boxing Gloves are some of the most affordable gloves for boxing and MMA that you could find on the market today. These gloves are quite light in weight and they offer decent durability and great comfort. The gloves might not be ideal for sparring but, they will be perfect for hitting the bags and for heavy use. We would highly recommend these gloves are training gloves for intermediate fighters and they can be used for fighting by beginners.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Pair of Boxing Gloves
The construction or the materials used in the construction of the boxing gloves are fundamentally important and the better these materials, the more durability you will have with your gloves. The leather is the most expensive material and it also offers the most durability when it comes to boxing gloves. The only downside to leather will be the weight and the price. Synthetic leather is a great alternative that you can look into. This material is a little lighter and also more affordable but, it does lack somewhat when it comes to durability. We would recommend leather to the more experienced boxers, while beginners might be satisfied with synthetic leather.
The inner lining is something that people easily forget to look at and this will directly relate to the comfort of the glove. The inner lining should also provide you with decent ventilation and the ability to wick away moisture when you are training vigorously and the sweat starts to set in. The softer the inner lining, the more comfort you will have when wearing the gloves for prolonged periods of time and no abrasions will set in to spoil the fun.
Most of the top boxing gloves now have some sort of shock absorption included. The shock absorption is really important when it comes to keeping your hands and especially your fists protected from severe damage. The shock absorption is determined by the amount of cushioning that has been added and this cushioning will also let you know if the gloves are designed for punching boxing bags or if they will be ideal for sparring. Triple density foam is the most common type that is recommended for beginners and should allow you to work out and train in a painless fashion.
If the weight of the glove is perfect, the fighting motion and your style will also be much better. The weight is extremely important and you will need to ensure that you do look at the weight charts to ensure that you buy the ideal weight to match your strength and your fighting capabilities. The bigger the glove, the heavier it will be as well and ensuring that you buy the right size will be extremely beneficial. Our hands stop growing at a certain age and there will be no use in buying bigger gloves and hoping that you do eventually grow into them.
Color and Style
When it comes to boxing gloves, the color and the style of the gloves do matter. Have you ever seen a professional boxer with gloves and trunks that do not match one another? Well, this is because they select the type and colors of their gloves to go with their trunks. Most boxing glove brands have multiple colors for you to choose from and this is really important to keep in mind. Make sure that you do find the ideal gloves that will match your boxing style as well as the color of your clothing.
There are generally two types of closure systems for boxing gloves and the closure system is another part that will be fundamentally important to you when you are looking for comfort. The hook and loop closure system is the new and modern way for you to put on boxing gloves. This way is really fast and gives you great adjustability in the palm of your hands. The older lace-up method is also still in used and this method is designed to make the gloves feel a little more secure but, you will not have all of that adjustability. We would recommend the Velcro system for those individuals who only use the gloves for training, while the lace-up system should be perfect for anyone who is serious about boxing and fighting in a competitive nature.
Many people might think that the brand does not matter but, we would like to disagree and the brand is crucially important to boxing. The brand will dictate the quality of the glove and the price and even the top boxers have their very own brands that they like to fight with. Brands like Grant is designed or individuals with extremely brittle hands and it also offers some great protection and shock absorption for your fists. Some of the best boxers in the world are using brands like Grant Boxing Gloves to help them keep their hands protected. If you are a beginner, you might look at another and more affordable brand like Title. This brand is designed for beginners and should help you immensely when it comes to getting ready and starting out in the world of professional boxing.
Top Boxing Glove Brands
EVERLAST is one of the top boxing gloves that you can find on the market today. The brand has been synonymous with boxing for more than 100 years and it is also one of the most well-known boxing brands in the world. They not only specialize in creating top of the range boxing gloves but, they also have some impressive boxing equipment that should be sure to get you well acquainted with the sport of boxing. EVERLAST also features a wide range of gloves and they will have some decent boxing gloves for beginners. One thing to keep in mind when purchasing EVERLAST gloves is that you will basically get what you are paying for. These gloves are used by many of the top boxing professionals in the world.
Cleto Reyes is Mexican gloves worn by some of the most elite boxers in the world. These gloves feature a little less padding than many of the other gloves and they are specifically designed for the boxer of above average power. The gloves are not as safe for beginners but, they can also be used to cut your teeth in the toughest possible way. Cleto Reyes boxing gloves have all been handcrafted in Mexico and every part including the stitching has been done by hand. These gloves are also a little more expensive than the average gloves and they are mostly recommended for the top boxer in the world. These gloves might not be ideal for sparring but, they will certainly hold up well against the boxing bags.
Grant gloves are the preferred choice for one of the top boxers in the world. Floyd Mayweather uses these gloves and they are designed to give a little more protection to the hands of boxers. These gloves have been constructed in the USA and the quality and durability can be compared to that of Cleto Reyes. These gloves just have a little-added padding to help keep your hands protected. If you suffer from brittle hands, these gloves should be the perfect solution to all of your problems and they will also be ideal for sparring and training.
Winning is the most used glove in boxing and these gloves are used by most people just making it to the intermediate level. These gloves are designed in Japan and even though they are not the most commonly used gloves for fighting, they are perfect for training. The gloves have excellent shock absorption and this should keep the hands and the opponent protected during those sparring sessions. These gloves are also extremely durable and if you buy a pair of the top Winning gloves, you will be able to use them for the next 5-8 years. Winning also creates other high-quality boxing equipment that should make life so much easier for you. The only downside to these gloves will be the fact that they are quite expensive and it is recommended that you do stick with the top of the range gloves to get better value for your money.
Title gloves are some of the more common and cheaper gloves that are generally preferred by beginners. These gloves are also easy to find and they are mostly used for training in the gym by beginners looking to get into the world of professional boxing. Title also offers multiple styles for you to choose from and these should make life so much easier when getting the perfect glove to match your trunks. The only downside to these gloves will be the lack of durability and often times they might lack some durability and give in. We would recommend these gloves to individuals looking to start out or for those only using boxing as part of a cardio routine in the gym.
Ringside is another great glove used by beginners and even though they might be a little more expensive, these gloves are designed to last you a couple of years. The gloves are great for beginners and they are also sometimes used by professionals for training and especially sparring. Ringside has also been known for their other boxing equipment and they really focus on ensuring that you do get great value for your money. We would also recommend these gloves to individuals looking to become serious about boxing and training with boxing as part of a cardio routine.
Rival gloves are designed from exclusive materials and they are made in Canada. These gloves are the same level as Title and Ringside, they are only a little more expensive. One of the main things we really do like about these gloves is the design and the great design is perfect for those just starting out or using the gloves as part of their training routine. Rival gloves are some of the best gloves for beginners and they are definitely recommended.
These brands are the most common and also the best-known for the quality and value that they offer to the boxer in all areas of life. If you are looking to improve your boxing and get into the sport, we would recommend that you look at the last three of the brands. The first 4 brands are mostly for more advanced and professional boxers but, they will still help you improve your boxing if you are a beginner or an intermediate fighter.
Key Considerations That You Need to Keep in Mind When Buying Boxing Gloves
Not all people looking to buy boxing gloves are on the same level and to ensure that you do get the ideal gloves that will meet your needs, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. If you consider these things, you will be buying the right gloves for you and it could also potentially help stop you from overspending on gloves that you might not need or even be ready to use. Here are the main things you need to keep in mind when selecting boxing gloves:
The skill level is really important and you need to make sure that you buy the gloves that will be ideal for your skill set. If you buy gloves that are too advanced before you are even serious about boxing, you will be wasting some money. The same goes for buying weaker gloves than you need and this could lead to issues when it comes to fighting and even leads to some damage of your hands. If your gloves are not correct for your skill level, you will definitely have some troubles when it comes to durability and this could lead to some serious problems.
The type of boxing glove that you buy will greatly differ depending on the purpose of the purchase. If you are competing professionally, you will look at one of the more durable gloves from a top brand. Many people only use boxing as a form of cardio routine that helps them lose fat and if this is your reason, you could simply be happy with the cheapest gloves on the market. Beginner boxers will look for something in the middle and since they will be training a lot, you will need to have gloves that are capable of lasting you a few years until you do make it to the professional levels.
Bodyweight and Strength
One common problem that beginners do make is underestimating their own skills and strength. These people sometimes buy gloves that are too heavy and this could potentially harm you in the training and fighting process. The weight of your gloves will be dictated by your bodyweight when looking at any chart but, we do also recommend that you look at your own strength to determine if the weight will meet your needs. If the gloves are to light, you might also have some problems with landing powerful blows and this could harm your fighting.
Yes, we also believe that you should look at the size of your hands as this will determine the size of the gloves that you choose. Measuring your hands accurately is really important and this could potentially save you a lot of trouble. The sizes of your hands are also tied to the strength from time to time and you need to have a balanced glove that will not sit too tight or too loose. If your hands are not the same size, you should not feel bad about having one bigger and one smaller glove. In the end, it all comes down to your level of comfort and what level you are boxing on.
Sparring or Fighting
Sparring and fighting gloves are not the same and the level of protection they offer are different. The best gloves for fighting will generally also be the gloves that you choose to hit the punching bags while sparring gloves are more cushioned and this means that they do offer you a little more protection. The great thing about sparring gloves will be that they will not only keep your hands protected but, they will also keep the head and face of your opponent protected. Sparring gloves can also be used for bags as a way of keeping your hands protected.
Safety Tips for Using Boxing Gloves
Whether you are punching a bag or sparring with friends, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to safety. Safety is a major aspect of boxing and even the Boxing Federations are taking this seriously. However, you could still pick up a few injuries when training when you do not take the right safety precautions. Here are a few tips and tricks to help ensure that you do take the right safety precautions and keep yourself in prime condition for the fight.
Always Wear the Right Equipment
It is easy to neglect the right equipment and simply just get in the ring and start swinging. If you want to get ready for a big fight you need to have your equipment and get used to fighting with them. Items like the mouthpiece should always be worn and this is even when you are just sparring with friends. Accidents are prone to happen if you do not take the right safety actions and ensure that you are ready for training like you would be for your fight. This will also ensure that you are fine with your equipment when you are fighting.
Use the Right Gloves
If you are sparring, you should use gloves that are made for sparring and this is the same if you are hitting the bags. Bag gloves are designed to help absorb the shock and keep your hands and wrists from getting injured. Nothing can be more embarrassing than setting your boxing career back a few months just because you did not take the right safety precautions when you were fighting. If you consider yourself to be someone who is serious about boxing, you will need to invest in more than one type of glove and this could be pricey at first but, your gloves will last longer and you will always be protected.
Strap Your Wrists
Never neglect your wrists as this is one of the fists places that many people do pick up injuries and develop problems. By strapping your wrist down the same way as you would when preparing for a fight, you will know that you are safe and you can go out and train in full force without any problems. People often neglect the step of preparation before training and this does lead to some simple injuries that could easily have been avoided.
Keep Your Ego Out of the Way
The ego is bad in every sense of the word and this can certainly lead to your downfall as a boxer. If you make sure that your ego is kept out of the way, you will have a better time when it comes to boxing. Many people who are successful sometimes think that they can now slack and they do not take all the safety measures. This is a sure way to get serious injuries and get out of the sport of boxing. They always say that pride comes before the fall and this is something that every boxer and sports person needs to keep in mind.
We would like to thank you for reading this article and we certainly do hope that you have managed to find the perfect boxing glove that meets your needs. The boxing gloves that we have chosen will be perfect for the budget boxer just getting into the sport and even for intermediate boxers. If you are a professional boxer, these gloves will also be great for backups and they can be used for training to help ensure that your fighting gloves are saved for the important occasions. Boxing is a really fun sport if you do it the correct way and you invest your time correctly.
One of the main points that we would like to reiterate is the fact that you should enjoy boxing as a sport and not let your ego get in the way. Safety should always be one of your main concerns and when training, you should keep the safety of your partner in mind as well. We would love it if you could share some of your thoughts in the comment section below and let us know if you think we have missed any of your favorite affordable gloves. We are always open to suggestions and would certainly be happy to do some added research.