A compost bin is a container in which organic refuse are deposited so they produce compost. The main aim of having compost bins is so that they can help in disposing of organic wastes. They do this by ensuring the process of decomposition of organic matter is initiated via proper aeration, together with good moisture retention strategies. Composting could as well be viewed as a way in which you can cut down the budget. This can be observed in cases where you will not have to necessarily buy fertilizers as you obtain it from the compost material.
So what makes it so special? The quality of any soil that is subjected to compost is in most cases improved. Important to note is the fact that compost produces nutrients that the soil needs to improve productivity. Some of the ingredients that are used in compost will rot faster than the rest and with time more and more nutrients are released into the soil. This increases the fertility and therefore production levels of the soil. One of the major advantages of using compost for your home or garden plant is the fact that it breaks over time enriching your soil with the sufficient nutrients that it may need.
Now let’s go through the Surf’n’Buy’s top 5 compost bins for home use in 2019.
Top 5 Compost Bins for Home Use
1. Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- CONTROL ODORS NATURALLY: The airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter work together to trap and control odors naturally, so your kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your countertop or wherever you need it. The chic modern design also complements any decor.
- SIMPLE CLEANING PROCESS: The stylish stainless steel bin is molded in one piece and resists rust and leaks, unlike other bins that are welded and prone to rust and leakage at the weld points over time. Eco-friendly convenience is always at your fingertips, while nasty bacteria is not. v
- PUT IT ANYWHERE: The 1.3 gallon size is big enough to hold several days' worth of compostable organic kitchen waste like vegetable peels, fruits, and coffee grounds yet still small enough to fit on countertops. Measures 7.16" in diameter x 11" high.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL CONSTRUCTION TO LAST A LIFETIME: Molded in a single piece for strength and durability that won't scratch, crack or chip. Made of premium, rust-resistant stainless steel -- will never leach toxic chemicals into your compost.
- COMES WITH REPLACEABLE CHARCOAL FILTER: The specially designed activated-charcoal filter is the key to an odorless indoor compost bin. The filter can be cleaned with soap and water, like the bin. Will last more than 6 months with careful handling.
The Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin contains an airtight lid as well as a replaceable charcoal filter. Both of these work together in order to control odors naturally. This, therefore, means that your compost bin comfortably sits anywhere in the kitchen without causing any kind of disturbances. Additionally, it is an ultra-modern compost bin of sleek design. It complements the decor that you might have in your kitchen. Moreover, the compost bin is made of stainless steel material. That ensures washing as well as the cleaning process of the bin is quite easy. The stainless steel is also resistant to rust and therefore leaks are avoided. This is because the bin is not welded at the joints.
The bin is also eco-friendly. It can help you to keep away the nasty bacteria that may bring about diseases in the kitchen. This compost bin is also sizeable and can serve you for days while holding organic wastes. These include vegetable and potato peels for days. It is as well small enough to fit on countertops. It is therefore easily portable. The Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin comes with a replaceable charcoal filter. It is specifically designed to keep the bin odorless. The filter can be washed using soap and water just like the bin. That makes it easy to maintain. If the compost bin is handled carefully, it can last for over six months.
- The compost bin is made of stainless steel which is a durable material. The material also makes the compost bin unbreakable. There are no worries of whether the bin will last you a long time or not.
- The cleaning process of the compost bin is easy. Since you can use only water and soap to clean up the bin, there is no need to scratch your head on the suitable detergents to use for the cleaning. This, therefore, implies the ease with which you can maintain the compost bin.
- The proportions that have been used in the making of the compost bin are good enough to ensure that it can be used on the countertop without tipping over. It can also accommodate huge amounts of organic waste without the need to replace it over time.
- Due to the charcoal filter that helps in controlling the odor, there are no problems with flies getting all over the kitchen. This is an added advantage as there will be a minimal disease spreading bacteria in the house.
- The compost bin has a handle that makes it easier to carry and move around. This is unlike most of the other compost bins.
- The price of this compost bin matches the value that is offered. This means that it can fit into your tight budget and you can, therefore, get to enjoy all the benefits at a pocket-friendly price.
- The compost bin has been reported to stink when most of the organic wastes are those from a vegan environment. The smell may sometimes get out even when the lid is on.
- The compost bin provides a good breeding environment for larvae. As time elapses you might notice some larvae accumulating in the bin and this may be uncomfortable for you.
- There may be some fruit flies that may be seen hovering around the compost bin. Sometimes there may be the need for investing in a fly trap and therefore making it expensive to maintain.
The Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin is a good quality compost bin that is made of stainless steel. The material is rust resistant and therefore makes the bin long lasting as compared to the other compost bins. Also, it is to clean therefore making maintenance an easy task for you. Additionally, the bin has been carefully designed to ensure that it does not tip over the counter when in use. Moreover, its portability is unquestionable. This is a good compost bin to invest in.
2. OXO Compost Bin
- Convenient size and design for everyday counter-top use
- Lid flips up for easy filling and flips down to lock in odors
- Smooth interior walls prevent foods and liquids from building up
- Contoured bottom and removable lid makes emptying simple
- Rotating handle for easy transport of waste to outdoor composter
The OXO Compost Bin is made of crevice-free interior walls. These walls prevent foods and other liquids from building up and sticking to the walls of the bin. Overall, this ensures that the compost bin is easy to clean. It can also be washed by the normal detergent and water thus making the process easy and free of complications. This compost bin has a lid that closes but does not seal. This implies that there will be some small amounts of oxygen that will get into the bin and therefore preventing bacteria from accumulation. This, therefore, ensures that molds are harder to form. It is constructed to ensure hassle-free emptying. This is made possible by the contoured bottom which ensures that the waste is easily emptied.
The removable lid of the OXO Compost Bin makes it easier to open and close the compost bin at any time as you may wish. This, therefore, saves time during the emptying process of the bin. Additionally, the rotating handle ensures that all the waste from all the corners of the bin is emptied in a simple manner. The design that has been applied in the construction of the bin is such that it provides convenience for countertop use. The lid of this bin is also made such that it can easily flip up and down thus allowing for filling of the bin as well as locking all the odors inside. Its handle also rotates to ensure that the transportation process in cases where you might need outdoor emptying to another composter is made easy.
- It occupies less space as compared to other compost bins both on and off the countertops. This, therefore, means that there are no hassles for storage space for this bin during the time which it is used.
- The ring on the lid is complete without gaps and there are no odors that can come out of the bin if any. Additionally, the lid is not airtight and therefore the conditions that are provided ensure that the bacteria do not bring out the odor or even form it.
- The OXO Compost Bin is affordable and also provides the value for its price. If you are on a tight budget, this compost bin will favor your pocket while providing ultimately good service. It can also be viewed as unbreakable. This means that you are likely to use the compost bin for quite some time before wear and tear necessitates its disposal.
- Its loose lid seal ensures that you do not accidentally splash waste on yourself while trying to open or close it.
- Its cleaning process has also been eased by the fact that the lid is easily removable without much hassle.
- The compost bin has a design that guarantees ease of use and emptying of waste.
- The possibility of having stinky wastes in the house is done away with and you are therefore likely to enjoy an odorless environment.
- It is also comfortable to use and the appearance is visually appealing.
- Its size may be a little smaller as compared to what most consumers would expect.
- The handle is likely to fall off quickly as it is quite flimsy and is highly susceptible to breakage.
- The green plastic may separate from the white one after some time.
The OXO Compost Bin is a recommended bin for home use. It is made to occupy less space as compared to the other compost bins. Its seal is also airtight and therefore ensures that no odors get out of the bin. The removability of the bin makes the cleaning process easy and less complicated. This bin is also well designed to ensure that it matches the home decor that you choose to invest in. The main drawback of this bin is the fact that it could be of a smaller size as compared to what you might expect. Despite this, it is worth investing in it.
3. Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- This compost bin having capacity of 1.3 gallon is manufactured with high-quality grade 201 stainless steel for optimal longevity and durability that won't scratch, crack or chip
- You can let the scraps build up during the week without worrying about attracting flies, pests or bad smells into your home
- The charcoal filters trap and control odors naturally in the bin so you can keep the compost bin in a handy place on your counter until the bin is full
- Sturdy, stylish and sleek design complements any decor so that this kitchen compost bin can sit conveniently on your counter-top or wherever you need it
- Easily wash with warm soapy water and for cleaning of the filter, you shall place your dirty charcoal filter in the bin containing dish-washing soap and allow it to soak
The Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin has a 1.3-gallon capacity and is therefore likely to serve you well as it has a capability of holding more waste as compared to the other compost bins. The use of stainless steel in the manufacture of this compost bin serves a role in ensuring that it is durable enough. This means that you can be able to use this bin for longer periods of time without the need for replacements.
The stainless steel is resistant to scratches as well as cracks and therefore resists the general wear and tear conditions. This compost bin contains charcoal filters that are able to trap as well as control odors in a natural way during the time which the wastes are in the bin. It is therefore made possible for you to keep your bin on the counter top until it is full before you can dispose of the waste.
The sturdy, as well as stylish design, is able to complement any decor that you might have used for your house. It is, therefore, possible that this bin can be placed in any position that you desire in the kitchen. The charcoal filter is made such that it can be cleaned while still attached to the bin. The bin can be cleaned well using warm soapy water. The compost bin is made of lightweight material that makes it easy for you to move the bin from one place to another in your kitchen. You are therefore better positioned to free up space in your kitchen whenever you feel so since the bin is easily movable and blends well with any decor.
- The durable material that has been used in the manufacture of this compost bin makes it long lasting. It is also resistant to rust and scratches.
- It is easily portable due to the lightweight material that is used in its manufacture. You can, therefore, move the bin freely from one place to another as you may wish.
- There are no odors and compost smells that emerge from the bin. This is because of the charcoal filter that is made to naturally prevent the occurrence of any smells and odors in the compost bin.
- It does not permit fruit flies and in the events of any occurrence, the population of fruit flies is highly minimized. Such flies can always be taken care of by the use of dishwashing traps and other fly traps as well.
- The beautiful and sleek design ensures that it adds to the home decor. Not everybody will be in a position to identify the bin as a compost bin.
- It has a tightly fitting lid that ensures there are no spills in the events of accidental knocking off of the compost bin.
- It is easy to handle in cases where you may desire to empty the bin to an outside compost bin.
- The bin has a universal and well-designed size for sitting on the kitchen counter. It can also hold quite a lot of waste and this, therefore, means that you can accumulate up to four days waste before you can dispose of it.
- There might be minimal fruit flies which may create discomfort.
- The lid may prove to be too tight.
- The filter may give some difficult time during installation. This may, therefore, call for specialized people at times which necessitates spending extra dollars away from the projected budget.
The Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin is another compost bin that is available in the market. It has been associated with having the most durable material. Its design also ensures that it perfectly blends with the decor of the house. Additionally, the tight-fitting lid ensures all odors are sealed in the bin and do not leak. Despite the fact that there is a possibility of fruit flies flocking the area around the bin, this is a great choice of a compost bin.
4. FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter
- The original 8 sided dual chamber tumbling composter. Beware imitations.
- Tumbling composter - avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy and efficient. Just close the door and turn it 5-6 times every 2-3 days. In hot sunny conditions and with a proper balance of ingredients the compost can finish in as little as 2 weeks.
- Easy to use - fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable door make it easy to add Scraps/clippings and remove finished compost. Deep Fins on the body provide great ergonomic handholds.
- Two composter chambers are better than one - two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the second side Available to add fresh Scraps/clippings. Continuously swapping sides after finishing will create an uninterrupted flow of rich, healthy compost. Total capacity 37 gallons (5 cu Ft)
- Excellent aeration - all our composter models feature aeration holes as well as deep Fins to break up clumps inside the chamber and mix lots of oxygen into the compost. Tumbling composters allow far greater aeration than standard models.
This composter is made of a tumbling design that makes mixing and digging of your compost pile easily. This can be done by closing the door and turning the mixture five to six times for every three days. In cases where there are hot sunny conditions, the compost ingredients can last for as long as two weeks. The FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter contains two composting chambers. This ensures that one side finishes cooking before the waste on the other side can start cooking as well. There is, therefore, an uninterrupted flow of the compost piles and therefore the flow of a healthy compost is guaranteed as there is also continuously swapping sides.
The material used to construct the bin is the BPA free UV inhibited as well as recycled polypropylene. This degrades when under direct sunlight while maintaining being contact safe. The galvanized steel frame is resistant to corrosion. This, therefore, makes the bin durable. It also has features that have adjustable air vents with deep fins to break up clumps inside the chamber. A lot of oxygen is able to get mixed into the compost. The aeration is therefore of a higher standard as compared to other bins. The FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter is always accompanied by a warranty that ensures you can be able to get free services in the case there is wear or tear before the warranty expires. You can, therefore, be sure to get repairs anytime as you wish before the warranty expires.
- The FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter is easy to assemble. You will therefore save time and won’t have to spend extra dollars to get expertise knowledge on assembling the bin.
- The compost is usually ready within a short period of time as compared to other compost bins.
- This compost bin requires less attention. You will not have to frequent this compost bin for you to have the work done. Rather, all you may need are just a few visits to turn the waste so it can undergo the cooking process wholesomely.
- It is sturdy once the right assembling process is followed. This means that if you follow the assembling instructions to the latter, you will have a stable and good quality compost bin to work with.
- The two chambers are fairly easy to turn. This makes the whole process of using this compost bin easy.
- The FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter forms is one of the most affordable options for you. The price attached to the bin matches the value that you are likely to get from the bin as well.
- This bin provides the convenience of spinning over stirring and this makes the work a lot easier as compared to when you might be using the other compost bins.
- The bin might not be suitable for use for older people with poor eyesight. This is because they may need to strain while assembling it and are therefore prone to making mistakes.
- The hole of the bin might prove to be smaller than you may be expecting.
- This compost bin is not completely sealed up. This means that in the cases where it rains, water is likely to get into the bin and drip from the bottom. Sometimes the water might as well drip into your hands when you try to turn the compost bin.
- There is a possibility of having to battle with lots of bugs when you open the door as they struggle to fly out.
- Sometimes the waste might produce a notable odor.
The FCMP Outdoor IM4000 Tumbling Composter offers the convenience of stirring and turning the wastes and therefore making the composting process a lot easier. Also, this compost bin is sturdy and stable to handle the composting process. The fact that it is easy to handle and requires less attention makes it the perfect choice of a bin for your home. The main drawback is the fact that rainwater might get into the bin during the process. This, however, does not make it less of a quality compost bin.
5. Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin
- The most beautiful composter in the world. Produces solid and liquid compost.
- Solid like a tank. Made of food safe, BPA and rust free, UV and antioxidant protected materials.
- Made in the USA. Let's bring jobs back to America.
- No assembly required. And our customer service? Not bad at all...
- We invented it. They try to copy it. We keep improving it.
The Envirocycle Compost Tumbler Bin has a unique feature that is the fact that it produces both liquid and solid compost wastes. The solid-like tank of the bin is made of food safe, BPA and rust-free material. The material is also resistant and protected from UV and antioxidants. This bin will, therefore, tend to survive under harsh conditions thus rendering it durable in nature. This bin is made of environment-friendly material and you can, therefore, have it in your home garden or inside your house without fear of drastic effects. It has compact space requirements that ensure it can fit literally anywhere. In cases where space is a limitation, you will enjoy using this bin as it is designed to minimize on space utilization. Additionally, the compost tea collecting base is designed to ensure it occupies minimal storage space.
The elegant and sleek design adds to the decor that you may have chosen for your house. This means that you will not feel out of place in cases where you decide to use the bin for in places where you might have invested in decor. The Envirocycle Compost Tumbler Bin contains a drum that is designed to rotate on top of the base so that it can create the solid waste. The base will also allow you to collect the liquid fertilizer which is referred to as the liquid compost waste. This bin is made in a manner that it is able to handle all types of compost wastes both solid and liquid. The outcome is usually a sludgy looking semi-solid substance from which the liquid and solid composts can be extracted. The products of the bin are then used as fertilizers in the gardens.
- The garbage never smells and everything that you choose to plant will have higher chances of nourishing and growing healthy.
- This compost bin is strong, stable as well as long-lasting. The fact that it is made from a material that is resistant to rust as well as scratches and wear and tear makes it very durable.
- It takes the waste little time to completely compost.
- There is absolutely no smell that comes from the compost waste. This makes the bin environment-friendly. It can, therefore, be used when near the house without the fear of affecting you and your family or polluting the clean air.
- The ease to turn of the bin makes it easy to operate. This means that you will not have to pay much attention to the compost as the waste composts.
- The Envirocycle Compost Tumbler Bin is highly effective and there exist little chances that it can fail to perform the purpose for which it was bought.
- There is a warrant that is given for every compost bin purchased. It is therefore guaranteed that you will receive free repair and replacement services within the stipulated time in the warranty in case the bin fails to work as expected.
- Some of the compost bins may lose the ability to securely latch with time and therefore become hard to operate.
- The snap latch may be difficult to operate between the drum and the latch.
- The bin may rust over prolonged periods of exposure to the rains.
The Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin is an environment-friendly compost bin that is manufactured to suit your needs. Its sturdiness and fast of decomposing of wastes makes it a good option for your home use. It is also highly effective and has registered minimal chances of failure to accomplish its intended tasks. It is also easy to operate and has a warranty that ensures you can receive free servicing of the bin within the specified time upon purchase. The main drawback is the fact that prolonged exposure to rains might cause rusting of the bin. Still, this is one of the best composting bins for home to invest in.
How to Distinguish a Quality Compost Bin from Cheap Ones
A quality indoor compost bin is considered to be one made from a durable material. In most cases, the durable material is usually steel which has been observed to be resistant to dust and scratches. This means that a compost bin made from the durable material can withstand any harsh conditions. Moreover, a compost bin that does not let any odor out is of good quality. Additionally, quality compost bins are those that are well equipped with sufficient aeration mechanism which ensures that there are minimized odors from the bin.
The design that is used in the manufacture of a compost bin will in most cases determine if it is of good quality or not. This is because some designs may not match the decor that you might have earlier chosen for your house. It is important to note that most high-quality bins have sleek and fascinating designs that are made to blend well with almost all home decor. It is therefore important to note that most cheap compost bins will lack the highlighted features. In addition to this, it is also possible that high-quality compost bins are more expensive when compared to their cheap counterparts.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Compost Bin for Home Use
Dimensions of the Bin
The dimension of a bin is an important factor that you should consider during purchase. Ensure that the dimensions of the bin that you choose will allow for an adequate mass of organic waste at a time. Most bin specifications will spell out the volumes of the bins. Attention to detail should be paid to ensure you choose the right dimension bins that will serve your intended purpose with convenience and efficiency.
The Volume Capacity of a Bin
Before settling on a compost bin to purchase, ensure to consider the largest amount of waste materials that you produce at your kitchen during cooking time (e.g. banana peels, eggshells, coffee beans etc.). The experience will help you in the estimation of the size of compost bin that you may require. It is more reasonable to purchase a bin and complement it later if the need arises than to buy a bin that may not accommodate all the material produced at one time. Ensure that the bin you choose to buy will accommodate all the material that is available for collection at a time.
Available Storage Space
This is another important consideration that has to be made during the purchase of an appropriate compost bin. Ensure that you are aware of the total available storage space so you choose a bin that will fit well in your kitchen. Make sure to choose a bin that will be easily stored and portable in cases where the waste may need to be taken to an outdoor composter.
The Design of the Bin
It is a good idea that you purchase a bin that is designed to make your composting work easier and to look good in your kitchen. Some designs are made to ensure that there is a removable front which makes turning the compost easier. This will, in turn, accelerate the composting process making the whole process efficient and convenient.
The Material Used in Making the Bin
Ensure to settle for a bin that is made of a durable material. It should also be a bin that will require minimal maintenance during the composting period. Material such as stainless steel is resistant to rust and scratches and is therefore considered one of the best material fit for a compost bin for home use. You could as well consider purchasing one of plastic material. This is because such bins are not susceptible to rust. Compost bins made of plastic are also lighter and therefore easily portable. Important to note is the fact that such bins are quite durable and are able to resist rot. Also, bins made from plastic will in most cases require little maintenance. This means that there are minimal or no repairs needed during the composting process. In most cases, plastic bins will also tend to absorb the heat produced during composting process effectively.
Aeration and the Ability to Retain Moisture
Air and moisture are the most important conditions for good composting to take place. Outdoor bin that contains an open end such as a wire mesh will be better positioned to provide good composting services as compared to a indoor closed bin. This is because such a bin will be able to allow a greater percentage of air circulation as well as good evaporation of moisture. Bins that are constructed of solid material tends to allow less air into the compost. However, it is important to note that such bins will tend to retain moisture for quite long.
Choosing the Best Compost Bin for Your Needs
Choosing the best compost bin that will suit your needs may be quite a task. You might have to put into consideration several factors before you can decide on the compost bin that best suits your needs. Below are some of the Surf’n’Buy’s guidelines that will be helpful in determining the type of compost bin that will be best suited for you.
The Environment You Reside and the Type of Waste to Compost
Different bins are well suited for different environments. For home use the best are small indoor compost bins. You can keep it on your countertop or in a small space within a kitchen. If you are looking for a bin to be situated within a small outdoor space or deck, then the compost tumbler is best suited for your needs. This is due to its compact nature as well as its animal-proof characteristic. If you are a city dweller and most of the waste produced is that of food, then the vermicomposter is for you. It is simply a bucket of worms that are meant to speed up the composting process. The smells produced by this composter are minimal while space is saved a great deal. You can use the compost bin in cases where your waste may contain oils and grease content. The composting process happens quickly and the waste is able to fit in the small spaces. There is also minimal odor.
Identify the Reason Why You Need the Composter
The reason for settling for a composter is an important guiding principle in the purchase of composters. Weigh the options on why you would need a composter before you can purchase one. This will enable you to choose the best composter that is well suited for your needs.
The Available Storage Space
Knowing the available storage space for the composter that you wish to purchase will guide you to choosing the best size that will be suited for your needs. Also, it is good to know the exact location that you would wish to keep your composter. This is to because some composters will only work under certain climatic conditions. Your choice of location will help to narrow down and limit your choice of composter that will be best suited for your needs.
What to Compost and When
Approximate the amount of garden food as well as other organic matter that you are likely to compost and after how long. You should decide whether the matter to compost will be available all year round like food wastes or seasonal. Make sure to approximate the amount of each waste that you may have for composting each time you compost.
The Time and Effort That You are Ready to Invest in Composting Process
However hard it may be to determine this, it is an important factor that will help you in making the decision of the right composter for your needs. Some composters may need more attention for maintenance and turn while others need minimal attention.
How You Would Wish to Compost the Waste
Here, a decision is made on the type of composting that you would prefer to use. This may be either cold or hot composting depending on your needs and preferences. It is also crucial to determine the crucial and non-crucial features of bins. There are other types of composting that may be considered and they range from anaerobic digestive, use of a rotary compost bin as well as wormery. It is important to choose that which will serve you best.
Having considered the above factors, you will be better placed to choose the right compost bin for your needs.
Compost Bin Tips and Tricks
In order to ensure that your compost bin is in good condition for longer, it is important to get equipped with some tips and tricks. These tips and tricks ensure that you are in a position to use the compost bins in the correct way and for the right purpose.
Compost Organic Matter
It is advisable that unless you have invested in a compost bin that can be able to compost fats and animal dropping, you should not do it. The fats and other animal products will in most cases produce odors that will make your stay uncomfortable. They will as well attracts pests and worms. This will in return enhance the spread of diseases.
Aerate Your Compost Bin Regularly
Most compost bins that are known to produce odors are because of lack of enough aeration to the compost material. Lack of proper aeration provides an appropriate breeding environment for anaerobic microbes which in turn increase the chances of bad odors. You can aerate your pile by creating air spaces which in turn limits the reproduction of anaerobic microbes. This, in turn, stimulates the production of less stinky aerobic microbes.
It is also important to note that for you to compost meat and fish products, your bin must be animal proof. This is to ensure that there are no stenches in the bin as this might attract flies which may in turn spread diseases.
Turn Your Compost Frequently
Turning your compost bin frequently ensures that there is sufficient aeration that takes place. This will ensure that the process of composting occurs faster than expected. In cases where you might have to deal with larger piles, it is advisable that you invest in a compost turner. This works to make your work easier while speeding up the composting process.
A compost bin is one of the most important investments, especially for farmers. There are two major factors that make the process of composting successfully. These are moisture and aeration. It is crucial to ensure that both these conditions are available in the place where you decide to house your compost bin. There are different factors that you will consider when buying a compost bin for home use and these have been highlighted above.
You should ensure that you do not exceed your budget nor should you overlook some important considerations such as aeration mechanisms. The material of indoor compost bin is another important consideration that should be made in cases where you decide to invest in one. Ensure that you choose a bin of a durable material. This ensures that your bin will serve you for long before you can be forced to replace it.
Further, this Surf’n’Buy’s guide gives you detailed information that will help you to choose the best compost bin for home use that will serve your needs. You will need to access the reasons why you need the bin and where it will be stored. This will ensure that you choose a bin that will fit in the available storage in your kitchen. If you are a newbie, we hope that this guide will come in handy in helping you to choose the right compost bin to start you off.