Lynne, my older cousin always seemed to have a sixth sense when it came to the wellbeing of her furry charges even as a precocious youngster in the 4th grade. And that was why she was the first to notice when something was wrong with Lulu, the family’s adorable Bichon Frise and insisted that a visit to the vet was due. Luckily, her parents gave in to her demands and were pretty shocked when the beloved family pet was diagnosed with hip dysplasia.
Thankfully, it was by no means severe and the fluffy canine was placed on a treatment of anti-inflammatory medication for a specific period. But while all that medicine was responsible for restoring the cherished furball back to health, there was something else that gave her back her independence during that period of convalescence: a dog wheelchair.
Thanks to the mobile device, the energetic fluffball got to play in the garden with her best friend Marco – the resident Burmese with whom she shared a love of cheese, sweet treats and giving the garden squirrels the fright of their lives on occasion – before making a full recovery. If your pet has age-related issues, is convalescing from surgery, or is undergoing treatment for any orthopedic or nerve-related issues, the right dog wheelchair which will enable it to maintain its independence to the greatest degree possible, might just be what it needs.
And thanks to our very own canine experts here at Surf’n’Buy, all the meticulous searching required has already been taken care of so all you have to do is take your pick from our list. What’s more, we’ve also picked their brains to provide you with essential tips and pointers for caring for your pet, as well as accessories which will make your cuddly charge feel extra special as it navigates any health issues with you right there every step of the way.
Top 5 Dog Wheelchairs
1. Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs
Few things are as delightful as being able to restore a joyful spark to your cute and cuddly canine’s life in the wake of serious illness or as they get older. And thanks to the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs, you’ll be able to experience just that over and over again as you watch your pet play, run and accompany you on your adventures.
This dog wheelchair which comes with an aluminum frame and dense foam wheels has been designed to be especially light and durable. It is also especially convenient to use thanks to the manufacturer’s special patented adjustable design which means that it’s the only product of its kind which you can adjust to suit your dog’s size and health status as well.
The Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs is not only easy to transport, so your pet won’t miss out on any family holidays, but can also be stored without any fuss either. And because hygiene is an essential factor in keeping your pet hale, hearty and happy, the manufacturer has ensured that its parts are washable and its wheels are easy to clean. No wonder it’s vet approved. But more importantly, it’s likely to be approved by you and your beloved pet thanks to all its awesome features.
- A flexible, adjustable option: Thanks to the manufacturer’s special patented design, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs is the only dog wheelchair which can be adjusted to suit your pet’s size and changing health.
- Easy to store and transport: The Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs has been specially designed to be stored and transported with a minimum of fuss.
- An excellent choice for maintaining your pet’s hygiene: This rust-resistant dog wheelchair is also easy to wash and also comes with wheels which are easy to clean.
- A robust, durable option: Thanks to its rust-resistant, light aluminum frame and dense foam wheels with rubber treads, your pet will be able to venture onto any terrain which is reasonably safe and experience an impressive level of independence.
- May be uncomfortable for certain pets: A number of customers who purchased the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs complained it was difficult for their pets to use due to the discomfort it caused.
- May be unsuitable for large pets: Due to having been specifically manufactured for small pets, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs may be unsuitable for dogs which don’t fall within the range specified by the manufacturer.
With its light aluminum frame and large all terrain, dense foam wheels, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs features just the right combination of convenience and durability a mobility device is meant to have. Especially since it’s also been designed to fit right into your car or a convenient storage spot taking up minimal space. The fact that it’s especially corrosion resistant and is easy to clean are also added bonuses which make it a great choice for enhancing your pet’s quality of life.
2. HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L
The next product on our list promises to enable your pet to rediscover the joys of adventure, in the wake of an accident or illness. It’s also been designed with its comfort in mind too, so that you won’t have to worry about any chaffing when your pet puts it on. The HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L is also easy to assemble and can also be adjusted to suit your pet’s length and height.
It is also suitable for dogs of all sizes meaning that your pet won’t have to miss out on how awesome it is. All you have to do is measure your canine charge according to the manufacturer’s instructions and select the perfect size for it. And once it arrives, you’ll be able to look forward to your beloved pet being able to enjoy ruling the roost once more.
- A versatile, adjustable product: The HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L can be adjusted for length or height so that your pet will find it convenient to use. It has also been designed for comfort to ensure it will not chafe your pet’s skin.
- Suitable for dogs of all sizes: The HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L is suitable for both large and small dogs ensuring your pet too will be able to enjoy a product which has been designed to enhance their quality of life.
- Suitable for your pet’s hygiene needs: While using this dog wheelchair, your pet will be able to take care of their hygiene needs and will be able to experience an extra degree of independence as a result.
- Unstable frame: Customers who purchased the HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L complained it was too flimsy.
- An unsuitable product: Complaints about the difficulty involved in using the HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L were noted.
The HiHydro Pet Stainless Steel Wheelchair XXS-L is one product which has received rave reviews from delighted customers on its ability to restore their pets’ zest for life and their independence. This dog wheelchair has not only been designed for comfort but is also an ideal choice for your pet to take care of its hygiene needs. And there’s no need to worry about your pet missing out on it due to its size since it’s suitable for both large and small canines. Thanks to all these features, it’s pretty easy to understand why this dog wheelchair has been able to delight several customers all around the world.
3. Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs
Any product which promises to not only restore your pet’s mobility while also keeping it stable certainly deserves a closer look to see what other pleasant surprises it has in store. Especially if it happens to be vet approved. And the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs does come with its fair share of them. There’s its lightweight aluminum frame which will ensure it feels just right for your pet. This canine mobility device also comes with dense foam wheels which are suitable for all kinds of terrain.
It also features a special patented design so you can adjust its length, breadth or height. And that means you’ll be able to ensure your pet will be able to enjoy its favorite game of fetch or those delightful walks in the warm sunshine. What’s more, it’s also easy to store and transport making it extra easy to plan for those special getaways. The manufacturer has also ensured that all parts of this dog wheelchair – its all terrain wheels included – are easy to wash, meaning your canine friend will be able to benefit from enhanced levels of comfort and hygiene. All these impressive qualities mean that the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs might just turn out to be the ideal solution to your furball’s mobility issues.
- Special patented adjustable design: Thanks to its special patented design, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs can be adjusted to suit your pet’s height, width or length ensuring it will keep your furry friend as comfortable as possible regardless of any size-related changes it might experience.
- Washable parts: Keeping your pet’s mobile device pristine will enable you to keep it independent with an added touch of comfort. The Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs comes with parts which can be washed ensuring you’ll be able to keep it spotless with ease.
- A device built for durability and convenience: Thanks to its light aluminum frame and its all-terrain wheels, this dog wheelchair is the perfect combination of convenience and durability making it especially ideal for your pet.
- Easy to store and transport: This dog wheelchair geared towards larger canines is also easy to store and transport, ensuring you’ll be able to plan for and carry out your favorite vacations or trips for you and your pet with as much convenience as possible.
- May only be suitable for large dogs: Due to its size specifications, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs may be unsuitable for medium to small-sized dogs.
- Unsuitable for handling the weight of large dogs: Certain customers who purchased the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs complained it was too flimsy for their pets.
It’s vet approved, features a patented adjustable design and has been manufactured with large dogs in mind. As a result, you’ll be able to look forward to a product which can be adjusted to suit your pet’s preferences and enhance their comfort, as well. What’s more, the Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs is pretty robust with its all terrain wheels which have been designed to be particularly accident proof. It’s also easy to store and transport which can be especially beneficial when you have to plan a day out or a favorite trip. The fact that this dog wheelchair can be kept pristine with ease is also an added plus which makes this device worth getting for your precious doberman, German shepherd, golden retriever or mastiff.
4. Best Friend Mobility Large Dog Wheelchair
Any pet mobility device which has been designed by a veterinary orthopedic surgeon can only spell good news. And since we’re constantly keeping a sharp lookout for such tidings, we simply couldn’t resist examining this canine wheelchair to see if it would live up to the hype. From the start, it was pretty clear that this was one product which had been designed to provide your pet with the necessary support to improve its quality of life in the face of physical illness – age-related or otherwise.
The Large Dog Wheelchair not only features a light, rust-resistant aluminum frame with equally rust-resistant galvanized hardware, but also comes with a deluxe neoprene front and rear harness for complete comfort. What’s more, its height and length can even be adjusted as well to suit your pet’s size. All these features show that the Large Dog Wheelchair has not only been designed for comfort and convenience, but durability.
Also worth a special mention are the wheelchair’s all terrain wheels as well as the fact that this product has also been designed to enable your pet to take care of its hygiene needs while wearing it. All these features which have been mentioned, are a clear indicator of the fact that this dog wheelchair is an excellent choice for improving the quality of life for your beloved pet and enabling it to maintain its independence as fully as possible.
- Rust resistant frame and components: The Large Dog Wheelchair has been designed with a light aluminum frame and galvanized hardware which are both rust resistant, eliminating any concerns which may arise as a result of corrosion.
- An extra touch of comfort: The Large Dog Wheelchair features a deluxe neoprene front and rear harness which can be relied upon to enhance your pet’s comfort when it uses the product.
- Improved hygiene: This dog wheelchair which has been designed by a veterinary orthopedic surgeon, will enable your pet to be able to take care of its hygiene needs while using the device.
- An inaccurate size chart: A few clients who purchased the Large Dog Wheelchair complained that it was the wrong size for their pets in spite of their having consulted the manufacturer’s size chart.
- Unclear assembly instructions: Complaints about the lack of clarity in the assembly instructions provided with the Large Dog Wheelchair were also noted.
With its light aluminum frame and galvanized hardware, the Large Dog Wheelchair is one mobility device which your pet will find easy to use. The fact that its components are rust resistant is also an added plus since you won’t have to worry about having to get a replacement due to any components getting damaged or worn by corrosion. What’s more, your pet will be able to take care of its hygiene needs and will also get to enjoy an extra touch of comfort thanks to its deluxe neoprene front and rear harness. All these features make this dog wheelchair an excellent choice for enabling your pet to maintain a quality of life which is as close to normal as possible.
5. Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair
When customers praise a product for restoring their pets’ taste for adventure due to its ability to fulfill every promise made by its manufacturer, there’s a chance it might just be what your pet needs too. Especially when it comes with a light robust aluminum frame and dense foam wheels which are suitable for all kinds of terrain and also feature rubber threads which add an extra touch of durability. Just like the Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair. And there’s more to this canine mobility device which has earned rave reviews from several delighted customers too.
The product which has been designed for canines of all sizes also comes with a padded shoulder support, a double-thronged adjustable neoprene shoulder harness as well as a built-in adjustable double rear padded harness. It is also easy to assemble and dismantle, ensuring you will be able to set it up for your pet and put it away with ease during trips. With all these impressive features, it’s pretty easy to understand why the Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair has been able to impress several customers with its ability to enhance the quality of their pets’ lives. And it might just turn out to be the canine mobile device which might make all the difference while your pet recuperates from surgery or illness too.
- A product designed for comfort and convenience: The Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair comes with adjustable rear and shoulder harnesses as well as padded shoulder support.
- Impressive durability: The Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair features an aluminum frame which is not only light and durable but also rust resistant.
- Exceptionally robust wheels: This dog wheelchair also features dense foam wheels with rubber threads which means it’s perfectly suitable for any terrain.
- Problems with assembly: A few customers who purchased the Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair complained about assembly issues.
- Issues with durability: A few customers who purchased the Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair complained about the straps and frame getting damaged rather promptly.
With its corrosion-resistant light aluminum frame as well as its dense foam wheels with rubber threads, it’s clear that the Anmas Sport Adjustable Pet Wheelchair has been specially designed to enable your pet to indulge in its love for adventure while it recuperates from injury or illness. And thanks to its padded shoulder support and adjustable harnesses, you won’t need to worry about your pet suffering any discomfort when it makes use of it. What’s more, it’s easy to set up and take apart, making it ideal for taking along on trips too. And all these amazing qualities mean that this dog wheelchair has what it takes to enable your dog to indulge in its favorite pastimes once again.
6. Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band
There aren’t many dog wheelchairs which not only provide full body support but also come with an extra feature to support your pet’s spine as well. That’s what makes the Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band extra special compared to several offerings currently available. There’s its especially light frame and extra comfy harnesses which mean it will feel just right once you place it on your pet. And because it comes in 7 sizes, you won’t need to worry about your canine friend missing out on an amazing opportunity to enjoy a run in the garden or in the park, or your favorite getaways.
And as we’ve already mentioned above, it also comes with a special strap to support your dog’s spine. That’s far from being the only delightful extra either. The Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band also comes with a leash – all the better to guide and protect your pet on your daily walks in the early morning sunshine, or during your favorite part of the day. Thanks to all these impressive features, there’s no doubt that this wheelchair has what it takes to make canines in need of extra support, extra happy.
- Full body support: Unlike several options which only provide hind quarter support, the Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band provides full body support thanks to its special design which also incorporates a lightweight frame and adjustable harnesses to make your furry friend feel extra comfy.
- Delightful extras: This dog wheelchair comes with a handy leash that will enable you to protect your pet and prevent it from dashing across the street to make new friends without checking for any oncoming traffic. It also comes with a special band to support your pet’s spine, preventing it from suffering any strain which may cause discomfort or long term health issues.
- Suitable for large and small dogs: The Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band is available in no less than 7 sizes ensuring your pet too will stand a chance of getting to experience just how awesome it is for itself.
- May be difficult for dogs to use: Certain customers who purchased the Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band complained about difficulties in fitting their pets into it.
- Insufficient support for dogs: Certain customers who ordered the Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band noted that it did not provide sufficient support for their pets.
The Newlife Mobility 4 Wheel Dog Wheelchair with Band is one product with a manufacturer determined to leave no stone unturned. From its ability to provide full body support to its light frame and adjustable harnesses, it’s pretty clear that this is one dog wheelchair which has been designed to provide especially robust support to your pet while also ensuring it feels extra comfy at the same time too. The special strap for supporting its spinal cord is an especially welcome extra and the fact that there’s even another in the form of a leash, is simply the icing on the cake. Especially since this last feature will enable you to keep your pet extra safe when you take it for a breath of fresh air in its favorite park or part of town.
What is Dog Wheelchair and How Does it Work?
A dog wheelchair is a special mobility device which provides support to a dog’s front or rear legs or both fore and hind limbs, enabling it to regain a level of independence while recuperating from an illness or age-related condition.
When to Consider Dog Wheelchair?
There are several instances when you may have to consider getting your dog a wheelchair, particularly due to conditions which have to do with illness or age-related conditions.
- Arthritis: Quite often, wheelchairs will provide effective support to an affected pet’s hind limbs, reducing the amount of stress they are subjected to and enhancing the ease with which the pet is able to move, as a result.
- Degenerative myelopathy: This generally painless condition is known to occur rather frequently in pets. Degenerative myelopathy affects the front legs of the pet meaning that it will need a wheelchair which can support it effectively in this regard.
- Thoracolumbar disc degenerative disease: Another common canine ailment, this illness involves the vertebra at the pet’s chest and abdominal areas and will require the use of a dog wheelchair to provide them with a bit of independence.
- Surgery: On occasion when dogs are recovering from surgery, they may require the use of a wheelchair to support the limb which has been operated on until they’re able to make a full recovery.
Types of Wheelchairs
Due to the different conditions which may affect a pet’s front or hind legs, manufacturers have ensured there are a variety of wheelchairs to provide the support required in each instance.
The most common varieties include:
- Rear leg wheelchairs: Often incorporating a pair of wheels, these canine mobile devices are used in the event of a dog’s rear legs becoming injured or weakened due to illness or old age.
- Front leg wheelchairs: Those which belong to this category come with an extension to support the dog’s forelegs in the event of illness, injury or age-related conditions.
- Full body support wheelchairs: Wheelchairs in this category are those which are suited to pets with problems with both their rear and fore limbs. They may also provide support to the pet’s spine or chest to protect them from pressure and the risk of possible injury.
How to Help a Dog Getting Used to a Wheelchair?
- Get them used to the harness: One of the best ways of getting your pet acquainted with their new mobility device is by getting them used to how it feels. To do so simply assemble it without the wheels and get your pet to try it on with loads of encouragement. A tasty treat or two is also likely to come in handy since your pet will end up associating the wheelchair with their favorite flavors in the whole wide world.
- Be patient: While certain dogs will take to their new arrangements right away, others may take a bit more time. Loads of praise, cuddles and a delectable treat for each attempt your pet makes to get it right will yield rich dividends. This is because it will feel encouraged to continue to try to get used to the wheelchair until it can use it with ease.
- Be extra vigilant: Although your pet might enjoy their newfound independence once it gets used to its wheelchair, it won’t be able to lie down or go to sleep in it. As a result, you will need to pay close attention to it to note when it wants to take a break and relax or even take a nap. Doing so will enable you to help your pet out right away and prevent it from getting stressed out due to remaining in its wheelchair for too long.
- Address safety concerns: Caring for a pet which uses a wheelchair means keeping a sharp look out for ruts, stairs and depressions which its wheels might get caught in. Eliminating the offending irregularities where possible is highly recommended to reduce the risk of any mishaps occurring while your pet happens to be making use of its wheelchair.
Why are Quality and Durability of the Wheelchair Important?
High quality dog wheelchairs are often lightweight and made from aluminum or an alloy of the metal and are suitable for all kinds of terrain. They are also manufactured to be as durable as possible. They also often come with additional features such as padded harnesses, straps and even supports for the chest or vertebral column.
Thanks to these features which are the hallmark of quality and durability, they are able to provide the following benefits to pets that use them:
- Comfort and convenience: The lightweight frames and padded supports and adjustable harnesses of these high quality wheelchairs will make it possible for pets to be able to feel comfortable when fitted into these devices. They will also enable them to manipulate their wheelchairs with ease. Because their wheels are often suitable for all kinds of terrain, your pet will also be able to explore to their hearts content rather than finding themselves restricted to particular surfaces.
- Cost: These devices are often rust-resistant and robust, hence, they’re likely to be perfectly suited to long term use. Especially since you won’t need to worry about incurring any extra cost due to any parts breaking suddenly or corroding due to rust. The wheels of high quality devices are also especially resistant to mishaps thanks to being made from dense foam with rubber threads, making them the ideal accessory for these wheelchairs as well.
- Enhanced independence: A product which is lightweight, maneuverable, and suitable for all kinds of terrain will enable your pet to explore without having to limit itself to certain parts of your home, garden or even safe outdoor environments too. These products might even enable your pet to take care of its hygiene needs by itself adding an extra dimension of independence to its lifestyle.
- Hygiene: Quite frequently, these products are easy to clean and can be washed without you having to worry about them getting rusted. That means you won’t run the risk of your freshly shampooed furball feeling a bit upset with you for placing it in a wheelchair which is less than pristine since you will be able to keep it spotless at all times.
- Safety: Dog wheelchairs which are both durable and of high quality are less likely to involve mishaps such as a wheel suddenly coming off while your pet is attempting to chase a bird, or the frame getting broken during a game of catch – incidences which could place your pet at risk of injury. The ability of products in this category to hold up remarkably under rigorous use is an added plus since it will ensure your pet will be able to indulge in their favorite pastimes safely.
How Sizes Vary Depending on the Dog Weight?
Dogs, in spite of belonging to a single genetic family are some of the most varied pets you will ever come across not just in terms of appearance, but in terms of size and weight too. And that’s why manufacturers rarely if ever opt for a one size fits all solution when it comes to products they have to wear or fit into. And it’s pretty much the same for dog wheelchairs too. The perfect product for a German Shepherd or a Labrador, will be by no means suitable for a cuddly Pomeranian or Bichon Frise. Hence, products with larger sizes are generally geared towards larger dogs. Most manufacturers are pretty specific and will point out the size of dogs a particular wheelchair is suitable for.
Additional Tips on Dealing with Paralyzed Dogs
If your pet is suffering from a neurological disorder or spinal injury which has affected their ability to make use of their limbs, they will need a little bit of extra care to improve their quality of life while they convalesce. Important aspects of care for such pets will include:
- Accident-proofing your home: Since your pet may be particularly prone to ‘accidents’, you will need to purchase absorbent pads and place them in their favorite spots – your bed, that sofa close to the window, on the rug in front of the fireplace – to keep your home dry and odor free while your furball gets to enjoy a dry, super-cozy, warm rug, blanket or seat.
- Hygiene: Pets in this category will find it particularly challenging to be able to take care of their hygiene needs. Hence in order to protect them from infection and injury, you will need to check them regularly in order to be able to clean them promptly. You will need to stock up on nappies, wipes, dog shampoos and conditioning oils (to protect their skin and fur from going dry due to frequent cleaning and baths).
- Nourishment and hydration: Pets which suffer from weakness or injury to their limbs will find it difficult to walk to their water bowl for a cooling gulp or their food bowl to tuck into their favorite fare. Hence, placing their food and water in close proximity and providing refills when necessary, is highly recommended since it will go a long way in keeping them hydrated and nourished and in an excellent mood as a result.
- Mobile aids: Harnesses and carts are an excellent means of enabling your pet to enjoy a bit of independence while you remain by it every step of the way. They will also enable your pet to enjoy a bit of exercise too which will do it good in the long run.
- Quality time: Providing your ill pet with its favorite toys, taking it out to enjoy the sunshine or for a ride, or simply enjoying its company will make it feel especially loved and cared for, and keep it occupied and happy too.
Whenever we pick our experts’ brains on any subject, we also oblige them to share their favorite products which they simply cannot do without – all so we can share them with you too. Here are some of those accessories right here:
Reusable Incontinence Bed Pad
Keep your bed accident-proof with this impressively absorbent and versatile pad each time your resident puppy sneaks onto your bed for a lovely nap.
AmazonBasics Male Dog Wrap
Maintain an accident-proof home and a pristine furball with this dog nappy which is suitable for male canines.
Pet Gear Full Length Ramp
Enable your pet to mount and dismount from your car with ease thanks to this ramp with impressive features that include a slip-resistant surface to prevent it from missing its footing, and rubber grippers at its base to keep it stable.
Dog Lift Harness
Provide your convalescing or aging pet with the support it needs in going to the bathroom or entering and alighting from your vehicle, with this adjustable harness made from washable, breathable material.
Dog Joint Wrap
Encourage the healing of hind limb injuries and strains thanks to this neoprene compression hock wrap which will support and stabilize your pet’s leg while enabling it to maintain its flexibility.
Keep your pet fragrant and pristine thanks to these aloe and vitamin E infused hypoallergenic wipes which are not only amazing for furballs but for the environment too.
Pet Stain and Odor Remover Foam
Eliminate any telltale stains and lingering odors with this aptly named, pet-safe foam which will keep your rugs fragrant and spotless.
Dog Hip and Joint Supplement
Protect your pet’s joints and keep any related ailments at bay with this potent combination of essential vitamins and nutrients which has been made from pet-safe ingredients and which comes with a flavor your pet will be unable to resist.
Few occasions are as worrying for pet owners as having to nurse a beloved pet back to health and watch them try to regain a bit of normalcy which is so essential to their wellbeing. But thanks to dog wheelchairs, your pet can get to feel as good as new even as it recovers and gets to enjoy perfect health once again. The dog wheelchairs selected by our experts on all things canine-related at Surf’n’Buy are some of the very best available. The proof lies in the rave reviews from delighted customers who have watched their pets rediscover the joys of running in the sunshine and getting to sneak treats from their owners’ dishes when they’re convinced no one’s watching.
But as usual, we have our very own favorites and we’ve provided overviews of them right here:
- Large Dog Wheelchair: Like all the best products on the market, the Large Dog Wheelchair ticks all the right boxes. There’s its light, corrosion-resistant frame and its deluxe neoprene front and rear harness which will provide the required support with an extra touch of comfort. There’s also the fact that your pet will be able to take care of its hygiene needs while using it, which is an added plus.
- Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Small Dogs 11-25 lbs: What we did like about this product was the fact that it’s pretty light like most top tier dog wheelchairs on the market. This quality was especially important to us in this case since this happens to be a product for tiny canines. The fact that it also comes with all terrain wheels too was another huge plus. And in terms of durability, we were pretty pleased to find it was rust resistant – especially since that is a quality which will not only lend it an exceptional level of robustness but also make it ideal for frequent washing. Last of all, we were also pleased with the fact that this dog wheelchair had been designed to enable pets to take care of their hygiene needs, as well.
- Walkin’ Wheels Dog Wheelchair for Large Dogs 70-180 lbs: Since this product is also produced by the same manufacturer responsible for the same item geared towards miniature canines above, we knew we could only expect good things from it. And we weren’t disappointed either, from being easy to store and transport to being designed for durability, this product geared towards larger furballs is clearly one which has what it takes to make life a great deal easier for your pet. Especially since it also comes with the same patented design which is the manufacturer’s hallmark of quality making it possible to adjust the product’s height, width and length. And because a clean pet is a happy one, we loved the fact that it is easy to wash – although we weren’t expecting any different.
And just like all amazing dog wheelchairs are meant to be, it’s also been designed to be as light as possible and suitable for all kinds of terrain too. And that brings us to the end of our guide on the best dog wheelchairs. Which product came with features that stood out to you the most? We’d love to know. We also hope you will find our reviews as well as our tips and pointers especially helpful in giving your pet the care it deserves.
- How do I know if a dog wheelchair is right for my older dog?, Dog Quality
- When is it time to get a wheelchair for your pet?, Eddie’s Wheels
- How Do You Care For A Paralyzed Dog, FitBark
- When Does A Dog Need A Wheelchair?, K9 Carts
- Care of the Paralized Animal, MarVistaVet
- 6 Ways to Help Your Paralyzed Dog Live Happier, Paw Health Network
- CCL Injuries in Dogs, PetsWebMD
- How to Support a Dog on Wheels?, Purina
- FAQs About Dogs in Wheelchairs and Carts, Resources BestFriends