Taking care of lawn and garden is not as easy as it seems, especially when it comes to planting. Since spreading the fertilizers by hand can be tiresome and ineffective, there is the need to invest in fertilizer spreaders as they guarantee more effectiveness and convenience. Don’t let the name mislead you into thinking fertilizer is all it spreads, it can be used on seeds, ice, melt, and sand among other garden commodities that need spreading. Additionally, the equipment can be used in the spreading of seedling during the planting season. The spreaders are available in the form of attachments to tractors and lawns as well as separate equipment. Unfortunately, not many people are aware of the benefits of this equipment. No worries, Surf’n’Buy will be tackling everything about fertilizer spreaders and also get into how to buy the best one for your needs.
Now take a read through our list of top 5 fertilizer spreaders in 2019.
Top 5 Fertilizer Spreaders
1. Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader
- Earthway 2150 Commercial Broadcast Garden Seed Spreader
- Compact walk-behind spreader is great for spreading seed in small gardens or deicing walkways
- 50-pound hopper capacity
- 175-pound load bearing capacity frame support
- EV-N-SPRED 3-hole drop shut off system provides an even spread pattern
The Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader is an effective machine for distributing fertilizer in your yard. Its features allow you to easily cover a large area. By utilizing a system known as the Ev-N-Spread, it distributes the fertilizer evenly over the area you are working on. The spreader is made of durable materials that guarantee many years of service, Moreover, its construction style results in a sturdy machine. The frame on this spreader has a load capacity of 175 pounds. As such, it can handle heavy weight and survive considerable force as you use the machine. In addition to that, the spreader has pneumatic tires with a diameter of 13 inches.
They assist you to comfortably navigate the machine out of the storage area, around your yard and back into storage with no fuss. The wheels are also studded so as to add traction as you navigate the spreader. One of the outstanding features of the Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader is that you can adjust its handle. Thanks to this capability, the machine is easier to steer. Its load section can handle a total capacity of 50 pounds (23 kilograms). With this capability, you can use the machine for long periods of time without having to go back and refill it with fertilizer. This spreader measures 15.8 by 14.5 by 23.6 inches. As a result, it is very compact.
Due to its small size, Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader is perfect for small jobs and allows easy storage. A part of this spreader that maximizes user friendliness is the T-Speed lever. In addition to giving you total operational control, it helps to adjust the height of the spreader for navigational purposes.
- Part of what makes the Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader special is its Ev-N-Spread system. This one works using drop a shut-off mechanism which delivers your fertilizer through 3 holes. Their positioning guarantees even distribution. This system also places a feathered spreading edge to ensure accurate application of your material.
- The fertilizer container section has a screen which sifts it and promotes easier distribution. Weighing a total of 27 pounds, this spreader is perfect for use in gardens and lawns too.
- The Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader was designed to be as stable as possible. Its cylindrical shaped drum is installed over a wider axle. As such, it does not tip or fall during use.
- After shipping, this yard equipment normally arrives as a jumble of parts in the packaging. Despite offering you assembly instructions, it can take you a few hours to put it together. As such, its packaging needs improvement.
- To keep nuts firmly fastened, washers are necessary. The Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader sometimes arrives with fewer washers than nuts. This causes you to buy extra washers to assemble the machine. An improvement in quality control is required to ensure all the parts arrive after shopping.
The Earthway Walk-Behind Spreader is well designed and offers effective, stable performance. Its handle and axle are built to ensure easy navigation. Moreover, you can carry substantial amounts of fertilizer in its cylindrical container for spreading. Thus, you do not have to keep refilling it after every few minutes. The machine is compact and easy to store. It is also light and can be assembled or disassembled on demand. For lawn and garden care, this spreader is well worth the investment.
2. Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader
- Features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology
- Control panel's precision rate settings deliver more accurate coverage
- Holds up to 18,000 sq. ft. of Scotts lawn products
- Calibrated and ready to use
- Premium pneumatic tires make pushing easier
To distribute seed or fertilizer evenly and easily in your yard, the Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader is the machine to use. It has a variety of features which make it easier for you to distribute any material. You can determine the precision of distribution in this machine through an easily accessible control panel. A variety of precision settings are placed on it for this purpose. A special feature provided in the control panel is the Scotts Exclusive Edge Guard Technology.
It is easy to push this spreader along because it has a pair of pneumatic tires. With deep tread, you enjoy better traction as you use the spreader on your garden or lawn. It can carry up to 18,000 feet of seed or fertilizer material. Moreover, its container arrives pre-calibrated and ready to use. Perfect for use in the spring, summer or fall, the Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader is a versatile machine that you can use to distribute grass seeds or fertilizer. It is the largest spreader in the Scotts line of yard equipment. To ensure a good user experience, this spreader arrives already assembled for you. As a result, you do not waste time in fixing it’s parts together before use.
The Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader allows you to distribute granular fertilizer or seed uniformly across your garden or yard. It is capable of providing this service no matter the prevailing weather conditions. By ensuring even distribution, you can avoid diseases, weeds, feeding or insect infestation. Seeing as this spreader is so versatile, you can even use it to distribute ice melt on driveways or walkways in the winter.
- To enjoy the best results when using this spreader, you can refer to a well-designed and positioned product label. It contains information such as the correct spreader settings, instructions for application as well as directions for use.
- The Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader has a dial which you can use to calibrate its spreading mechanism. With it, you can determine the radius of spread and other settings too.
- Its tires are filled with air. As a result, you can push it easier and it absorbs the shock from stones and other debris.
- The Scotts Edge Guard Technology allows you to determine the side where the seeds or fertilizer will be deposited. With one motion, you can set it such that the material is spread only on the right or the left. In this way, you can prevent seeds or fertilizer from going into non-lawn areas.
- The fertilizer spreader measures 19.2 by 22.8 by 46.5 inches. As a result, it is compact and easy to store. Moreover, it weighs only 13 pounds. You can easily lift it for storage and haul it around your yard too.
- Its plastic parts are not firmly fixed together. Some consumers have complained that the inner mechanism falls apart under heavy use. As such, its durability is questionable.
- The tires tend to run flat very fast. Some consumers have received their Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreaders with the tires flat already. Moreover, the wheels tend to come off under a heavy weight of over 50 pounds of material.
The Scotts Pro EdgeGuard Broadcast Spreader is a high-tech yard machine. Not only does it have high capacity, you can determine where the seeds or fertilizer will fall. This is accomplished using the Scotts EdgeGuard Technology. It is a very light spreader that you can haul around or store quite easily. In addition to that, the machine allows for up to 18,000 feet of spreading. As such, you can use it even on large yards or gardens. For heavy duty or light use, this spreader fits the bill.
3. Brinly Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
- High-capacity hopper: extra large, rust- and dent-proof poly hopper holds 175 lb and 3. 5 cu. Ft. (6, 048 cu. In. ) of seed, fertilizer, Ice melt and more to maximize the time spent spreading vs. Refilling the hopper. Ideal size for yards 1 Acre or larger
- Lasting durability: All parts that come in contact with corrosive fertilizers are designed to last: heavy polyethylene hopper with stainless Steel hardware, spinner shaft, and agitator. Glass-filled nylon gears are fully enclosed with nylon gearbox for additional protection
- Patented auto flow with spread pattern control: Brinly spreaders are designed for professional-level results. Different materials spread very differently; directional spread pattern control allows you to center and even-out the distribution pattern for a balanced application of any material. The patented auto flow technology stops material from spreading when the tractor stops - eliminating waste and burns that commonly occur with other tow-behind spreaders
- Easy calibration: calibration controls feature a locking dial for secure rate-gate settings. Brinly provides hundreds of pre-calibrated settings to help you get to work and get the job done more accurately and efficiently
- Includes hopper cover: included clear-top hopper cover with easy elastic on/off keeps moisture out and materials and Dust in - away from the driver and others
To distribute seeds or fertilizer in your yard evenly, it is best to use a spreader. Some of these machines are pushed in front of you while others can be towed behind you such as the Brinly Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader. This is an extra large unit that is designed for heavy duty use. This spreader has a capacity of 175 pounds so you can distribute material over an area that is more than 1 acre in size quite easily. The machine has a feature called the Directional Spread Pattern Control.
This one ensures that seeds or fertilizer are spread evenly. You can also determine the pattern of distribution as well as the radius of the same using this feature. The Brinly Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader spreader has an enclosed gearbox system. In addition to that, its shaft, agitator and overall frame are all made of stainless steel. As a result, it is fully rust-resistant and will last for a very long time. You can use this versatile machine to distribute various types of materials in your yard. Examples of these are seeds, fertilizer, and pesticide.
- For as long as the materials in the machine are in granular form, they can be used on this machine. Thanks to the distribution method, there is very minimal wastage of material as you use the machine.
- Due to the versatile nature of its distribution mechanism and the strength of its materials, the Brinly Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader can be used in literally all seasons of the year. You can use it in spring and fall to spread fertilizer and seeds. You can also use it to distribute lime in the summer and ice melt in the winter.
- The spreader measures 30 by 22 by 26 inches in size. As such, it is compact and can be stored easily. It also weighs only 47 pounds hence can be carried around your yard without much difficulty.
- Upon delivery, the Brinly Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader arrives with its parts neatly organized and carded out for you. Examples of these are nuts, bolts, and washers. Thanks to this form of organization, you can assemble it in record time. To boost user friendliness, the machine has an easy to use on and off handle. The setting that you make stays maintained throughout the period of using this spreader.
- It is quite challenging to assemble because the holes in its parts are not well drilled. They have protrusions that cause the thread not to hold fast. These parts can also cut you if you’re not careful.
- The parts can arrive mislabeled. This makes the process of assembling it much more difficult.
If you are searching for a durable tow behind spreader, this is it. The Brinly Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader is versatile. As such, you can use it to distribute material such as seeds, fertilizer, like and ice melt. It can also be used in various seasons. The unit is compact and arrives with all its parts labeled for assembly. This makes it easy to assemble and saves you time in this process. The spreader has a large capacity and can handle large areas quite comfortable. For your garden and yard spreading duties, the Brinly Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader is your best bet.
4. Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader
- 130 pound hopper capacity saves time refilling on larger acreage lawns"
- Durable rod linked on-off control with precise settings". Maneuverable
- Enclosed gear box with tapered gears for even spreading and long life"
- Large diameter tires with wide wheelbase for stability on rougher terrain"
- Optional hopper cover, material deflector and hopper grate available"
To ensure uniform growth of grass in your yard or flowers in your garden, you should use this Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader machine. With a capacity of 130 pounds, this spreader can easily handle large areas of more than 1 acre in size. Moreover, you do not have to keep refilling it with seed, fertilizer or any other material you are using. The unit has a gearbox which varies the speed of the spreader as you use it. This system is enclosed in a special compartment.
The gears in this system are tapered. As a result, you can use the machine for many years without breaking down. What’s more, the on and off controls on the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader are made of durable rods and are easy to manipulate. One of the most important parts of a spreader is the tire system. This spreader has large tires that have a big diameter. They are also air-filled or pneumatic in nature. As a result, the machine is stable even on rough terrain.
- To ensure easier use of this yard machine, a hopper cover, grate and material deflector are all available as accessories. They extend the effectiveness of the machine as you use it.
- This tow behind spreader is specially developed for spreading fertilizer. By utilizing a modern, efficient form of distribution, your lawn can receive fertilizer in such a way that promotes growth, deep color, root health and overall vitality. Thanks to this capability, the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is perfect for use in gardens too.
- Ideal for large yards, this Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader can distribute material over an area of 1/2 an acre or 25,000 feet quite effectively. In addition to that, you can attach it to the back of your tractor and turn it on or off using a switch located on your seat.
- The gears on the spreader are made of aluminum. Hence, they are light yet durable. To give you many years of service, the spreader’s hopper and spreader plate are resistant to rust. Once you receive the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader, it is very easy to assemble it and begin use.
- One of the most useful features of this tow behind spreader is that you can buy some accessories for it. One of these is a weatherproof cover to protect the machine or the material which you have placed in the hopper.
- Another accessory that is easily available for your Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is a deflector shield. This unit helps to prevent fertilizer or any other material which you are spreading from getting deposited into unwanted areas. It also helps you to control the growth of grass, flowers or any other plants of your choice.
- The unit measures 12.4 by 10.6 by 18.11 inches in size. Weighing only 29.4 pounds, it is a compact unit overall. Made in the USA, it comes with a 3-year warranty.
- The assembly instructions for the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader are not good. Some customers have complained that they are too complicated and the illustrations don’t help much. A revision would be helpful.
- The fertilizer spreader arrives with the gears ungreased. If you are not aware, you can wreck the gearbox. As such, one should open up the enclosure and grease the gears manually. It would be better if they arrived already greased.
If you are searching for a great tow-behind spreader, the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is a perfect machine; it’s durable and can be fitted with a variety of accessories. The gears are made of aluminum. As a result, they can last longer. In addition to that, this spreader has a large capacity and can cover large areas of more than an acre without requiring a refill. It also has a warranty of almost half a decade. As such, you can be sure of manufacturer support. For durability and effectiveness, the Agri-Fab Tow Behind Broadcast Spreader is a superb unit.
5. Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader
- 1 1/8in. powder-coat frame
- Single port opening
- Positive on/off (no cables)
- Pneumatic tires easily roll over any terrain or surface
The Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader has a powder-coated frame that is rust resistant and capable of surviving heavy use. The frame on this spreader is 1 1/8 inches thick. Due to this, it can survive even the harshest terrain as you spread seed or fertilizer in your yard. It is also welded into one, sturdy piece. As a result, the stability of the unit is maximized. To load the unit, there is a single port on its body. Moreover, the on and off mechanism does not require any wires whatsoever. This makes it easy to troubleshoot and prevents short circuits.
- The tires are an essential part of any spreader. The Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader has some pneumatic ones. They measure 13 inches in size and have a deep tread which provides shock absorption. As a result, you can comfortably roll over any sort of terrain that you encounter.
- This spreader measures 35 by 29 by 46 inches in size. It is compact and easy to store away. It also only weighs 44 pounds. As such, you can carry it around your garage or yard without much difficulty.
- To ensure an accurate spread of any material you place in this spreader, it has an Accu-Way system that allows you to spread material in any pattern, distribution and method that you desire. Furthermore, it is controlled using an enclosed gear box system.
- The Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader has a spreading radius of between 8 and 12 feet. Upon purchase, you also get a screen to cover the unit when not in use. This cover also helps to protect your seed, fertilizer or any other material from the elements during storage.
- Made in the USA, the hopper on this broadcast spreader is made of plastic. It can hold fertilizer, seeds or even ice melt. This allows you to effectively use the spreader in various seasons.
- It can only be used on a standard size riding lawn mower and not a zero turn mower. If you attach it to a zero-turn mower, you cannot operate the armature that opens or closes the dropper chute. The manufacturer should indicate this before sale.
- The wheels on this fertilizer spreader can jam and refuse to turn further. Some consumers have complained about this problem.
The Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader is a versatile unit that can be used to spread various materials. Examples of these are seeds, fertilizer, and lime. It has pneumatic tires which are stable. Its body is also very sturdy. These features contribute to a long lifetime of use. The Accu-Way spreading system in this machine guarantees accuracy as you spread. In addition to that, you can attach it to a ride on lawn mower and cover large areas in a short time.
For easy storage and hauling, this spreader has medium size dimensions. It is quite light. Hence you can carry it around your yard or even transport it without much hustle. The body of the unit is made entirely out of rust resistant materials too. The Spyker Pro Series Tow-Behind Spreader is a reliable, modern spreader.
How to Distinguish a Quality Fertilizer Spreader From a Cheap One
As the saying goes that cheap is expensive, the same applies to fertilizer spreaders. If you opt for a cheaper spreader, you are more likely to compromise quality which is a factor that should never be comprised if you desire good crop yields. How then do you differentiate a quality fertilizer from a cheap one?
Material Used for Framing
If a broadcast spreader has the framing of stainless steel, you can be sure of its durability. This is because the material is resistant to rust and will, therefore, increase the life expectancy of the spreader. As you would expect, steel spreaders come with a huge price tag. If the price of a steel frame is too steep for you, you can settle on steel allows as they can also get the job done at a cheaper cost.
The Style of the Tires
A broadcast spreader with air-filled tires will more often than not offer greater flexibility and therefore be easy to adjust according to your needs as a farmer. This can be observed when switching from organic fertilizers to the synthetic ones of from the spread of fertilizers to that of seeds. This will, therefore, improve on efficiency as well as the convenience of the broadcast spreaders. Knock-off fertilizers, however, come with tires that easily burst and cannot withstand the pressures of the farm environment.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Fertilizer Spreader
There are many brands and models of different fertilizer spreaders and owing to this fact, a lot of scrutiny should be done before making a choice on which one to purchase. It is always a good idea to research the various brands and their products before you can decide which one to buy. Here are some of the Surf’n’Buy’s factors you ought to put into consideration when acquiring this equipment are outlined below.
The Spread Pattern of the Fertilizer Spreader
The spread pattern that is used by a particular fertilizer spreader will determine the amount of overlap of the fertilizer that will occur as well as the evenness of application. It is crucial to note that a spreader that can fling fertilizer over an area where the crops are but it does not necessarily imply an even application of the fertilizer. It is vital to get a broadcast spreader that can throw the fertilizer within the required area in an even manner so as to avoid wastage.
The Working Height of the Machine
In the case where you plan to attach the spreader to a tractor, it is advisable that you confirm its working height matches the acceptable working height of the tractor. The working height of the machine is usually indicated in the manual that accompanies it during purchase. This is important because if they do not match, there is likely to be a technical hitch when setting up the spreader for work. You should also be keen to check whether the machine gets back to its preset working height after the job. Some of the spreaders use PTO shafts and in such cases, pay attention to the limits of angles for the maximum working heights.
The Bout Width
The method that is used in adjusting the bout width is significant. This is because of the width limitations for some machines that cannot extend beyond few meters. The method that is indicated to be used for bout adjustment should also be simple and straight forward. You should note that in cases where the means for changing the bout is not indicated as being standard, you might have to incur extra costs to purchase the extra parts for proper adjustments.
The Construction and Hopper Capacity
Pay attention to the inside of the hopper and ensure that the material used for its construction is not corrodible. The inner side of the hopper should also be smooth. Put into consideration the cost of replacement of the parts in case of wear and tear. The hopper capacity should also be sufficient. You should have in mind the fact that wider bout widths and longer runs will always demand larger hopper capacity.
The Size of Your Lawn
A larger lawn will need a larger broadcast spreader for efficiency and effectiveness. A handheld broadcast spreader is suitable for a smaller garden and vice versa. A larger spreader will cover a large area of the yard in just one pass and therefore finishing the job in fewer passes as compared to a smaller spreader which will possess a smaller spread distance.
The Cost of the Spreader
Different spreaders have different costs in the market and this depends on various elements ranging from size and quality to the brands and models. The cost of a spreader that you choose to buy should be within your budget. However, you should take care not to compromise the quality of a spreader just to save the budget as this might turn out to be expensive in future due to the expensive maintenance costs.
The Pneumatics of the Spreader
Check to ensure that the fertilizer outlets are evenly spaced so they can cause even overlaps at all rates when spreading the fertilizers. Be sure to also check the technique that is used by the spreader to feed the fertilizer. It is always advisable that you choose a spreader that allows the fertilizer to be fed directly into its outlet pipe.
The Accuracy of the Machine
It is advisable that you choose a spreader that has the highest level of accuracy as this will perform the job almost to perfection. You should look at the bout widths that are required and the fertilizers that can be used are specified. Before you can purchase a spreader, ensure that you can achieve the recommended rate of application and therefore perform a great job.
The Setting and Calibration
This is yet another crucial factor that should be considered when purchasing a fertilizer spreader. The rate calibration should be one that works to guarantee the correct amount of fertilizer is spread in an even manner. This means that it can adjust in places where more fertilizer may be needed. The calibration on the spread pattern should be such that each type of fertilizer is spread evenly over the lawn. You should ensure that a rate calibration kit is provided on purchase of the spreader so it can be used for reference later. You might have to read it to be sure you understand the instructions correctly and ask questions to experts where there could be the need.
Choosing the Best Fertilizer Spreader for Your Needs
Sometimes the soil is not equipped with the necessary minerals that provide a conducive growth environment for the growth of your crops. This is where fertilizers come in. They strengthen the crops and therefore boost the yields in the long run. The fertilizer spreaders used during the process should be chosen with a lot of care so that they can suit your needs as a farmer. How then do you pick the best broadcast spreader for your needs as a farmer?
Pick One That is All-Purpose
You may need to spread different materials in your lawn during different seasons annually. You may also need the spreader to help you during planting season with the spread of seed and fertilizer. Spreaders may also come in handy in the cases where you need to spread fertilizers for top dressing at a later stage in the growth and development of your crops. At other times you would want to spread ice melt or other minerals depending on the needs of your crops. It is therefore advisable that you choose a spreader that can handle all these items so as to avoid incurring extra costs of buying another broadcast spreader later.
Choose One That Suits Your Preferred Mode of Propulsion
Different spreaders are manufactured so they can be propelled differently so as to cater to the needs of farmers. There are those that are pulled, pushed while others are carried by the farmers. It will not make sense if you decide to purchase one that is pulled from behind even when you do not have a tractor or utility vehicles. Those that are made to be pulled are mostly made for larger areas. Those that can be carried include the handheld broadcaster spreaders which are suitable for small gardens.
Choose One That Provides Uniform Coverage During Spreading
You would not want some areas to receive more fertilizers while other areas of the lawn are neglected. This is why it is advisable that you choose a spreader that spreads the fertilizer in a uniform manner. The fertilizer spreader should also be one that flings the fertilizer into the required area and in the right amounts.
Choose One That Will Suit the Size of Your Lawn
For a larger lawn, a broadcast spreader is the most suitable for use. This is because it can be able to cover a large area in one spray and therefore becomes time efficient. In the case where you own a small garden, a drop spreader will do the trick as there will be no wastages and it drops the fertilizers and seeds at the exact place where they are needed.
Pick a Spreader That is Easy to Use and Made of Non-Corrodible Material
An easy to use spreader reduces the amount of time that you may require to achieve a particular task. The non-corrodible material also ensures that the corrosive chemicals in different fertilizers will not tamper with the spreader. This means that the spreader will be able to last a long time and therefore no extra costs will be incurred for maintenance purposes.
Pick One That Has a Higher Accuracy Level
You would not want to spread fertilizer proportions that will later tamper with your crops and lower the yields. To avoid this, it is advisable that you invest in a spreader that is accurate and therefore spreads accurate amounts of fertilizer in your lawn. This will ensure that the agricultural soil is well taken care of while the yields remain high.
Best Fertilizer Spreader Brands
Spreaders have proved to be a convenient way for spreading fertilizers and seeds to crops. They have ensured that the work can be done effectively while saving a lot of time. Spreaders are available in different sizes with different features and from different brands. While there are a number of excellent spreaders in the market, going for the best will reduce the headache of constant maintenance and repairs. Some of the best brands for spreaders are highlighted below.
Due to the quality and competence of their spreaders in the market, the company has grown to be among the best spreader brands known today. They are dealers in both handheld as well as broadcast spreaders and therefore aim at covering you despite the size of the lawn that you own. The brand has invested in the modern EdgeGuard technology that has taken their spreaders a notch higher when compared to those from other brands. The simplicity of the Scotts spreaders cannot be overlooked. You will, therefore, have no worries while trying to set up and use a new Scotts spreader. Additionally, Scotts spreaders are accompanied with detailed manuals that act to make the set up as well as troubleshooting in case of any problems easier.
Field Tuff Spreaders
This is a child company to the well-known Tri Global Enterprise, Inc. that specializes in manufacturing lawn equipment. The focus of the products by Field Tuff is on the agricultural field which they have successfully conquered in the recent past. The Field Tuff spreaders are manufactured with universality and therefore can be used by everyone in their gardens. The material used in the framing of the Field Tuff spreaders is rust-resistant and non-corrodible. This means that even when the highly caustic chemicals make way to the body of the Field Tuff spreaders, they cannot be tarnished. Field Tuff yard implements are UTV and ensure that every job you desire is done the right way due to the durable high-quality spreaders from the company.
Most lawn owners have sworn by this brand because of the design of its spreaders as well as their quality. The brand of spreaders has been recognized as the leading in broadcast spreading equipment. The company invested both their time and money in the manufacture and engineering of broadcast spreaders and their efforts have now born fruit. In addition to the quality, the company manufactures spreaders that are of different sizes and therefore accommodating all farmers from small scale to large scale. The availability of EarthWay products is unquestionable as they are easily accessible in most agricultural stores.
This company is for you and your needs. It works towards helping lawn owners with the desire to do their spreading work quickly and easily. Quality and durability are the main priorities that underlie the manufacture of products by Agri-Fab. The material used in the production and manufacture of Agri-Fab products that include spreaders and other lawn equipment is of high quality. To ensure that you get the best out of their products, Agri-Fab provides you with a three-year warranty that covers all their products.
This is a sign of commitment and confidence in their products that include spreaders. The brand’s products are designed to make all your lawn maintenance easy including the spreaders that are equipped with an excellent spreading pattern that does justice to your crops from planting through harvest. Additionally, Agri-Fab equips you with the knowledge that you may need prior to purchasing the spreaders which include those that suit the size of your lawn. Thereafter a chart is provided from which you are at liberty to identify the best spreaders for your lawn.
The instruction manual that accompanies the Agri-Fab spreaders on purchase is detailed on the process to use in order to set up and use the spreaders. Moreover, the company takes care of all the spare parts that you may need for your spreaders and other lawn equipment in cases where replacement is needed. The flexibility of Agri-Fab spreaders and ease of adjustment for use to suit your needs cannot be disregarded.
Fertilizer Spreaders Accessories and Parts
Fertilizer spreaders, just like any other machines have parts that are prone to wear and tear. There are accessories and replacement parts to this effect that are used for maintenance of the spreaders as well as to enhance their efficiency. Some of the accessories and parts of the spreaders are highlighted below.
This is an important part of the spreaders that is universally used for holding the materials that need to be spread. Hoppers have configurations that dictate the amount of material that they can hold for spreading. Most quality spreaders may have hoppers that do not need regular maintenance especially if they are made of non-corrodible material. However, in some circumstances, you may need to replace them due to unavoidable circumstances. This is all you need for your seeds and fertilizer to be held for spreading.
Rain Cover for Spreaders
Consequently, this is a part of spreaders that is used to keep fertilizers, ice melt and other materials for spreading dry so the rain and mud do not interfere with them. It is placed on top of the hopper and is made of heavy duty material; clear vinyl that can handle heavy downpour and enable you to have a view of the hopper components.
These can be described as mechanical devices that are located in the hopper and turn so that they cause friction with the fertilizer so it breaks down. When the broken fertilizer is released to the ground, it takes action immediately as compared to the compact granules. Additionally, they ensure that there is a continuous flow of the hopper elements to the ground and therefore taking the convenience of spreaders a notch higher. However, you are advised to use a spreader with agitators for spreading fertilizer only as it can damage seeds.
The Sieving Grid
This is made of stainless steel and placed at the bottom of the hopper. It serves to retain the fertilizer lumps of fertilizers that may block the fertilizer distribution system if they go through. It also serves to ensure that the fertilizer flow towards the vibrating bottom of the hopper is guaranteed. Moreover, the sieve ensures that there is the maintenance of a constant fertilizer pressure on the feed system so that there is an even distribution of seeds and fertilizers in return. The powder form products that include top dressing fertilizers can, therefore, be distributed comfortably with the use of the sieving grid that will do away with the impurities.
Fertilizer Spreader Tips and Tricks
The agricultural sector may need constant manipulation from planting to weeding and harvest times. Spreaders come in handy during most of those seasons especially the planting and weeding as well as top dressing when there is a need for additional nutrients to the crops. You need to be equipped with how to manipulate, customize and maintain them for better and prolonged quality services. Most of the tips focus on maintenance of the spreaders as that is what determines their life expectancy and effectiveness. Below are some of the tricks.
Check to Ensure All Bolts Are Tight
It is possible that during the spreading exercise, some bolts may jolt up or become loose. To avoid accidents and other inadequacy of the spreaders, it is advisable to check that all bolts are in place after every spreading exercise before storage.
What to Do Before Long Term Storage of the Spreaders
Make sure to empty the components of the hopper before detaching it from the tractor. If you store the hopper with some components in it for long periods of time, there is a likelihood of the hopper getting spoilt. Ensure that all the accumulations on the hopper and frame as well as other moving parts of the spreaders are wiped off. This is so that the dirt does nor corrode or cause rusting on the parts where it could have accumulated thus reducing the life expectancy of the spreaders. In case the safety labels are worn out and scratched, replace them before storage as you may not be able to remember what information they carried later. Ensure to lubricate the parts that need lubrication before storage so they do not undergo wear and tear during the storage period.
Repaint Parts Where Paint Has Been Scratched
This practice will ensure that there is no rusting in the areas where the paint had been scraped off. Rust is a destructor of most machines and it is therefore advisable that after every use, check for any places prone to rust and repaint them.
Ensure the Agitator is Always Moving Freely
The agitator offers the regulation purposes of the hopper components as they are released for spreading. This means that if it does not have the free movement within the hopper, the hopper components might encounter some restrictions as they make their way out. The problem might become extensive if it is not rectified when discovered.
Regularly Check the Distributor Vanes
These are checked to ensure that they are in good working condition and that there is no wear and tear in the spreader disc. The expectancy of the spreader is improved by this. If you observe some signs of wear or tear in the disc, it is advisable that you replace it to avoid further problems that it may bring up in the spreader. The discharge gates should also be checked to ensure that there isn’t any wear that has been caused by the mechanical operation in cases where the spreader has been in operation for quite long periods of time. Additionally, the driveline should be checked to ensure that is in its right place and that it has not come apart in the middle as this may cause accidents later during use.
How to Store the Spreaders
Ensure to store the spreaders in a clean and dry place that is not affected by moisture and other conditions. This is to ensure that the unit does not deteriorate in performance while in storage due to the conditions that it is subjected to. Consequently, it is a good practice to ensure that the spreader is steadily placed and stable so that it does not fall off and get spoilt. In cases of instability, it is advisable that you put into use other auxiliary support units to avoid accidents that may occur due to the unit’s instability.
After purchasing the fertilizer spreader all you need to do is maintain it properly to give it longevity. Replacement of worn out parts is one of the important maintenance practices that should be observed after every spreading session to which you subject your equipment. Some of the accessories that may need regular checking for maintenance are indicated above and are designed to always keep your spreader in a great working condition. Spreaders give you an opportunity to enjoy on your lawn without spending much energy.