Football gloves can give you an excellent advantage on the field and in training, as they can help you to grip the ball a lot better, as well as protect your hands from constant grabbing and picking up of the ball, or catching the ball at high speeds. There is a huge range of gloves available and a number of different brands that produce football gloves, so the decision can be difficult to make. That is where we come in. We have created another one of our handy guides to help you along the decision-making process, and we have brought to you many different products that are of high quality, but also offer all of the features that you need no matter what position you play.
Each of our products have been carefully researched so that we only recommend you the best on the market of football gloves so that you get exactly what you need. We have also developed a helpful guide with several tips and tricks to help you maintain your football gloves, and a number of the most important factors to consider before buying. With our handy guides, we aim to make it a lot less complicated by telling you everything that you need to know when it comes to football gloves, and give you five of the best options to choose from, as well as a detailed breakdown of five of the best products and an introduction to some of the best brands currently producing football gloves.
Take a read through this extensive guide and find out what you needs are, then have a look at our five recommended products. We are confident that we have as much information as possible and an option to suit everyone, so take a read through, define what your needs are and what features may fill them, then take a look at our recommended products and enjoy your brand new football gloves.
Top 5 Football Gloves
1. Nike Vapor Jet Gloves 4
- The breathable material used in the advanced construction of these superb gloves allow for airflow, avoiding excessive sweating for extra comfort and durability.
- The Flexible mesh on the back of the gloves ease movement as well as aiding airflow and keeping your hands from overheating.
- With the application of mesh to the knuckle region, Nike have produced a pair of gloves which allow you to move your fingers more naturally, crucial for effective control of the ball!
- With an adjustable strap around the wrist, these gloves feel as if they were custom made for your hands!
- With 11 different colours and designs to choose from you can opt for gloves which match your teams kit, or choose a pair to stand out! Whatever your decision, with the Nike Vapor Jet Lightspeed Football Gloves you will not have to forgo style for comfort or protection, as these gloves offer all!
- The quality materials and superior build quality of these gloves make them one of the most comfortable and durable on the market; allowing you to play for longer and get the most out of your purchase without having to replace the gloves frequently.
- With an exceptionally sticky grip on the palm that is second to none, whether it is receiving the ball, throwing the ball, or even in other positions on the pitch, you are bound to have the upper hand against your opponents.
- The adjustable strap mechanism of the glove let you play securely without having to worry about your gloves coming loose and becoming a distraction mid-game or practice.
- The innovative and fresh design by Nike has produced a glove that once worn, becomes like a second skin, resulting in more natural and free hand movements, whilst improving your grip and offering the extra protection your hands need!
- The sizes offered only include adult sizes, which results in some guess work if buying for kids.
- Although the grip on the gloves is superb, there is a weakness and it comes in the form of dirt and dust, which reduces the stickiness and grip of the gloves. Most suitable for turf fields or grass fields without dirt patches.
- The gloves are not of the sturdiest hard-core builds; extensive prolonged use may result in damage and ripping.
The Nike Men’s Vapor Jet Lightspeed Football Gloves take home the title of best buy out of the products on this list. With the high quality of materials and construction, comes greater comfort and functionality. Although there are some slight concerns regarding the sizes of the gloves, their stretchy quality gives a lot of room for manoeuvre. With a grip that is second to none, the Nike Vapor Jet Lightspeed gloves take your playing to the next level! Although the gloves do lose a certain level of stickiness when dirty, so they may be best suited for turf fields! The breathable and flexible mesh material used lets your hands move as naturally as possible with minimum restrictions, whilst also keeping your hands cool and comfortable. With the array of colours and designs available, these gloves would be the perfect gift for the avid football fan, or if you are buying gloves for yourself, these are definitely a pair to consider.
2. Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite
- The lightweight material used to make these gloves makes for a more comfortable experience and improved ball feel.
- With GB Grip Tack Technology, Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite is one of the tackiest gloves available to help you grip the ball properly and improve performance.
- These gloves offer added support and grip to ensure durability and allow you to work with the gloves to improve your skills and play to the best of your ability.
- All of Grip Boost products meet all of the necessary sporting standards to ensure safety and quality.
- The lightweight feel of these gloves makes it feel as though you are working with your own hands, making play much more comfortable and as natural as possible.
- The superb grip and tack of the gloves makes the grip much more improved than other models available, and this can ensure that you have an even better playing style, helping you to improve your skills.
- The Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite are incredibly durable, so you can be sure that they are going to last you through intense games and training.
- Each pair of gloves meets a number of professional gaming safety and quality standards, giving you only the best quality gloves for a professional feel.
- With your own personal ID tag to sign, you’ll never lose your Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite.
- The Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite can struggle to close tight enough to stop them from slipping and moving during play. This can be a problem for those with smaller hands and wrists, or those who play intensively and have a lot of perspiration on the palms.
- The gap that can be caused between the gloves and the hand can be especially irritating if playing in rainy conditions, as the gloves can fill with water and this will affect how you can handle the ball.
- The gloves can tear easily, and this damages the gloves beyond repair. This is due to the lightweight design and style of the gloves as the material is thinner than other models.
- The thin material can also turn grainy if not carefully taken care of, and this means it can begin to rub off after a certain amount of time, so gloves should be properly taken care of to avoid this.
The Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite are some of the best quality football gloves out there, and give you plenty of room to improve your skill whilst being able to play in the most natural way possible. Along with this, they are some of the most professional football gloves created, with incredible flexibility and durability, these gloves will last you a lot longer than most products if they are properly taken care of. The main downside is that they have a looser seal than other gloves, and this can be an issue for those with smaller hands and wrists, however for those with adult sized hands this will not be an issue and these gloves will serve you very well overall. If you are looking for new football gloves then the Grip Boost Stealth Football Gloves Pro Elite are a great option.
3. EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves Youth and Adult
- EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves Youth and Adult offer an option for both young players and adult players, making them a brand that will grow with you as you play and improve your football skills.
- Each pair of gloves is created with GripTech Palm Technology, making the grip much stronger and allows the gloves to perform at a high standard, even during wet weather and surface conditions.
- EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves are specially made to be a tight fit so that there is no gap between the glove and the skin. This keeps water out and the grip in so that you have a much more professional glove.
- All gloves are created with specialised stitching at all stress points, keeping them durable as well as flexible so that you can keep playing, even through intense games and training.
- With options for youth players and adult players, EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves will serve you throughout your football career, meaning that you never have to switch from the brand you love when your hand grows too large.
- The specialised technologies of grip and stitching keep these gloves performing at high levels whilst also being one of the most durable options available. With stitching in each stress point, splitting and ripping occurs much less often than other models.
- The tight fit design holds the glove tight to your hand and wrist to prevent any slipping or water leakage into the glove, keeping your hands dry and the grip high.
- The specialised materials that create the EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves Youth and Adult are made to feel as natural as possible as you play, protecting your hands whilst still allowing you to feel and grip the ball as best as possible.
- These gloves can struggle under intense wet conditions, as the material will eventually get water logged and stretch or rip and this can cause the gloves to become unusable.
- There is no Velcro strap to tighten these gloves to the wrist or hand, and this can be a difficulty for those who are in between sizes, as the glove will run to large and have a gap between the skin and the glove.
- The material of these gloves can hold an unpleasant smell when the hands begin to perspire and this smell can be hard to get rid of. Although this happens with most gloves, it can be unpleasant.
- The glove sizes generally run quite small in order to get a tight fit, so ensure that you measure your hand according to the suggested size guide.
- If the gloves are fitted too small they can split and break, so it is important to reference the size guide when buying your product.
EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves Youth and Adult are an excellent option for young player and adult players alike, as they offer sizes for all range of ages, so if you really fall in love with these gloves you can simply buy larger sizes as your hands grow. These gloves are specially designed so that they do not need Velcro to get a tight but comfortable fit, and will still hold to the hand tight enough to stop any water leakage into the glove during wet conditions. With specialised stitching, these gloves are much less likely to rip and tear in the stress points, even during the most intense training sessions. So if you’re looking for a football glove brand that you will fall in love with, EliteTek RG-14 Football Gloves are the ones to go for.
4. Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves
- Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves are made from the highest-grade material available, ensuring the highest quality in your football gloves.
- The tacking on these gloves has been designed to be as high quality as the material to keep your gloves performing at the high levels that you do.
- The Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves are made with ultra blad-span technology to provide players with increased flexibility and optimal performance from your football gloves, so that you can keep improving.
- Available in 10 colours and 9 sizes, we are confident that there is an option available that will suit your needs and the uniform of your team making them the perfect fit for you.
- These gloves are available in adult sizes and youth sizes, so no matter how old you are, there is a pair of gloves that will fit you perfectly, no matter what the size of your hands.
- The elite design and materials that go into creating the Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves make them some of the best football gloves on the market. They are incredibly durable and tacky, giving you full control over the ball.
- The huge range of sizes makes it almost impossible to not be able to find a pair of gloves that will fit you perfectly. With 9 sizes in both adult and youth options, we are sure that you will find the perfect fit.
- With 10 different colours to choose from, you are certain to find a pair that will fit with your football team colours for a professional look.
- The specialist technologies provide much more flexibility so that you can perform at high levels of intensity without worrying about the gloves splitting or ripping.
- The careful design and style makes the Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves much more comfortable than other models available, giving you complete freedom during play.
- If the gloves are not carefully taken care of, the sticky material can begin to peel and rub off, causing the gloves to be much less effective.
- As with most other football gloves available on the market, excess perspiration can cause the gloves to hold a smell that is very unpleasant. This can be avoided with proper cleaning; however caution should be taken as improper cleaning can cause the materials to degrade and the gloves to break.
- The sizes run smaller than normal in order to get a tight enough fit around the hands and this can be uncomfortable for those who are between sizes.
- Adverse and rainy conditions can cause the materials to degrade and the gloves to become slippery, which can affect you as you play.
- If the straps are pulled too tight they can rip and damage the fit of the glove so it is important to use the sizing guide before purchasing to get the right size and pair.
The Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves are an excellent quality football glove that can offer you all that you need from a football glove at all levels of experience in football, and will grow with you throughout your growing, as they offer both youth and adult sizes. With such a large range of colours and sizes, we are confident that you will find a pair to fit right and match your team colours. The main issue with the Battle Ultra-stick Receiver Gloves is the fact that they can run small, and sizing your gloves wrong can cause a number of stretching and ripping issues that can cause irreparable damage to the gloves. So, if you want them to last, make sure that you take good care of them
5. Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Glove (Pair)
- The Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Glove are ultra-flexible to give you the most natural movement during even intense gameplay and training.
- These gloves are designed with an incredibly lightweight feel so that you don’t feel weighed down during play.
- The C-TACKTM design uses materials that are specifically designed to increase the grip and the coverage of the grip, so no matter where the ball hits on the glove you are in full control.
- The Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves come with specialist Rev Tack Recharge, meaning that you can restore any lost tack by simply wiping the surface with a damp cloth, keeping these gloves as durable as you are.
- Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves meet NOCSAE standards, making them incredibly protective, flexible and professional, so that they can keep up with you.
- The incredible flexibility of the Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves makes them much easier to wear in extended and intensive gameplay, as you won’t feel restricted by these gloves.
- The durability of the design and materials keeps these gloves working to the best of their ability as you play and train.
- The clever Rev Tack Recharge technology used in these gloves means that you can restore the same level of tack at every game, keeping your gloves working as hard as you are.
- With a huge number of colours and sizes available, these gloves will work for all ages and abilities, and you are sure to find a pair that fir with the colour and style of your team.
- These gloves meet all of the necessary professional gaming standards of protection and durability so that you are protected whilst still being able to play at optimum levels.
- The Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves are known to be less durable than other options on the market, as they can rip and tear during intensive training, as moisture can cause the materials to degrade.
- The Velcro can degrade in moist conditions and this can affect the fit and tightness of the fit to the wrist and hand, which in turn can cause movement and slipping.
- The grip material on the gloves can peel, degrading the overall performance of the gloves. However, this is a common problem in many football glove products.
- The sizing of these gloves can run a little bit small, so be careful to reference the sizing guide before buying.
- The colours can sometimes be slightly different in real life to what is advertised due to the nature of the photography.
The Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Gloves are the last option on are list, but they are certainly not the least. These gloves come with incredibly clever technologies for both grip and durability, as well as having one of the most lightweight designs on the market. This keeps them working as hard as you are throughout even the toughest of training sessions. Cutters has one of the best reputations for tackiness when it comes to football gloves, and their Rev Tack Recharge technology keeps them tacky throughout their lifetime. With sizes for both adults and youths, we are confident that there is a fit and colour that suits all needs, all ages, and all experience levels. If you are looking for some of the best football gloves out there for performance and durability, then Cutters Gloves REV Pro Receiver Glove are one of the best options that you can go for, we are certain that they will serve you well and keep you improving your football skills.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Football Gloves
Size is an important consideration when it comes for football gloves, as they need to fit you almost skin tight in order to get a realistic and professional feel. The closer the gloves are to your hand size, the better the fit and the feel of the gloves will be, and the better you can feel the grip and the handling of the ball.
With the price of football gloves ranging so wide, skill level comes into play in deciding what gloves to buy. If you are just a beginner to the football game then you will not need as high grade a pair of gloves as someone who is performing in professional matches, as these people will need better and more flexible materials. However, if you are really looking to improve your skills as much as possible then it is always better to go for the more expensive options, as these will give you more room to grow your skills.
The flexibility of the glove governs how much control you have over the ball without restriction. The more flexible the glove, the better, as these will be more true to the natural movements of your hands and fingers without risking injury. It is always better to look for the most flexible gloves that you can find so that your playing style will not be restricted by your gloves.
Durability is an obvious consideration, as no one wants to have to constantly be buying new gloves because the old ones have ripped. Look for gloves with specialised stitching in the stressed areas and those with higher grade materials, as gloves with these qualities are built to last in even the most intense games. If you are only a beginner then endurance does not matter as much, as you will have to upgrade your gloves often as your skill level increases, but more professional players need gloves that are sure to survive intense games.
Materials are another important consideration, as there are many glove materials that are more likely to rip, break and rub. The better-quality material, the longer your gloves are set to last, so look for different certifications from sporting officials that certify that the gloves are made of high grade materials and are made to last. The better the gloves are certified, the longer they will last, meaning that you won’t have to keep replacing broken and ripped gloves every few months, saving you time and money.
The thicker the glove, the greater the protection, and this is important to remember. Young and beginner players need thicker gloves in order to protect their hands from fast moving balls until they can improve their skill set to be able to deal with the higher speeds. The more advanced the player, the less thickness he will need, as this will allow for more natural and flexible play, giving you better grip and control over the ball as you play. Look at the thickness of the gloves before you purchase, as there is a wide range of materials that can affect the thickness and protection of the gloves.
Price is an obvious consideration when purchasing anything, but football gloves can range in price anywhere from $10 to $200, so you need to make sure you know what your budget is before you begin looking at products. As with all purchases, it is always best to spend at the higher range of your budget, as this will get you better materials, tackiness, flexibility and durability than options at the lower end of the scale. These features are especially important for those who play professionally. These features are not as essential for beginners, but having them will allow you to develop your skills without having to buy more gloves.
The weather conditions of where you play is also an important consideration when buying a pair of gloves, as rainy conditions can easily degrade some of the less expensive options. If you are playing in areas where it is often rainy or wet then it is important that you buy a pair of gloves that is a bit more durable, as they will be more likely to survive in adverse conditions. If you are playing in warm and sunny conditions, however, you should also consider this, as some leather gloves will dry out and tear in hot conditions, so make sure that you take proper care of any gloves that you purchase in order to prevent any damage.
All gloves need maintenance, but some will need more than others. Leather gloves will need to be oiled and rubbed, whereas latex gloves will need to be kept dry to prevent splitting. This is all dependant on the conditions that you play in and what the better option of materials was for you, but you should always make sure that you read up on the maintenance of your football gloves and adhere to the instructions, as this will make sure that the gloves last as long as possible and stay rip-free for longer. On top of maintenance, you should look at cleaning your gloves, as this is the only way that you can keep the unpleasant smell of sweaty football gloves to a minimum.
Best Football Gloves Brands
Cutters is one of the most well-known producers of football equipment and apparel, and is one of the leading specialists in a huge number of different technologies that make their football gloves better and better. Their specialist C-TACK grip technology makes their gloves one of the best in grip and control of the ball, giving you the advantage you need. Cutters put athletes first, and aim to make the most comfortable sports apparel without sacrificing performance, style and durability. With their huge range of products, we know that you will be able to find a product that will suit you perfectly, making cutters by far one of the best brands available for football gloves and many other of your sport apparel needs.
EliteTek are another brand who specialise in sporting equipment and apparel, making some of the most professional and durable pieces for all sports and athletes. Their football gloves are known for quality and performance, whilst still holding incredible value in comparison to other brands and producers. Although this brand is more popular with the beginner and intermediate football player, due to the lower pricing and slightly lower grade materials, EliteTek products can still hold their own on the football ground and will offer you everything that you need from a top-quality brand. If you are looking for a pair of gloves that is best suited for the beginner and unprofessional player, then EliteTek will offer you a range of options that will offer durability, quality and a professional feel, so don’t count them out just because they are the cheaper brand.
Under Armour is an incredibly popular sports brand of late, and in the past few years has even begun to rival Nike in its sales. This is because Under Armour use only the highest quality materials and designs to provide you with the best quality products. With their rising popularity, Under Armour has stuck with their quality and high value products, and this runs into their creation of some of the best and most professional football gloves available, even being worn by professional athletes. Under Armour is one of the more expensive brands on the sportswear market, but the quality of the products makes them well-worth the value, so if you want a pair of gloves that are going to serve you in some of the more intense levels of play, Under Armour is the brand to go for.
Nike is the world’s leading sports brand, and with the quality and specialism of their products it is no wonder. Nike is worn by some of the world’s leading professional athletes, as it is one of the most durable, flexible, and highest performing brands currently available. If you are looking to improve your skills to the point of professional football games, or if you are looking for a pair of football gloves that will serve you well in the most intense games and training, then a pair of Nike football gloves are well worth the investment. Although they will be a bit more expensive, they are guaranteed to last. With their huge range of products, you are sure to find a size and colour that will suit you, as well as giving you all of the features, grip and control of a professional football glove.
The final brand on our list is Grip Boost, but it is definitely not the least. Grip Boost provides you with a huge range of products that are designed and manufactured to be the best in the game. Each of their gloves and products have been designed by engineers with PhDs, so that they can ensure the quality and innovative design of all of their products. Although they have only been around since 2012, they have quickly become a highly popular brand in the football glove sphere, and can offer you a range of products that are some of the best available. Although they are a relatively young brand, they pride themselves on quality and customer satisfaction, so make sure that you check out Grip Boost and don’t count it out just because it is a younger brand than some of the others available.
Choosing the Best Football Gloves for Your Needs
There are three main kinds of closure that you can choose from, and each option will fit your hand in a different way to others. To make sure that you know what option is best for you, make sure that you read this section with your needs in mind, as this will help you to decide what closure and glove options will suit your needs best. However, it is also important to keep in mind that each of these closure types will effect the feel and movement of your hands as you play in a different way. We have broken down some of the key advantages and disadvantages of each option to help you decide which one may suit you best.
Hook and Loop
The hook and loop is one of the most common types of closure available. The hook and loop closure has an adjustable elastic band that wraps around the base of your wrist to keep the strap secure and tight to the hand. These bands are kept in place by Velcro so that you can quickly readjust and remove the glove as you need to. These are best for those of you who have hands that are in between sizes, as it allows you to secure larger gloves to minimise movement and slippage as you play, which in turn gives you more control over the ball.
The V-Notch closure style is best for those with larger hands who may struggle to put on gloves. The base of the glove is in a V-shape, hence the name V-Notch, and this allows more room for glove application, as you do not have to stretch the base of the gloves as far. V-Notch gloves also give more ventilation and a greater range of movement, which is perfect for the more professional player who may sweat more during practice. Although these gloves are on the more professional side of the football glove market, they are also great for those who are looking to improve their skills also.
The final type of closure is the bandage closure. This is an elastic band that wraps tightly around the wrist at the base of the glove. Bandage closure keeps the glove a lot more secure on the hand than other types of gloves, which is great for those with smaller hands and wrists. However, bandage closures can seriously restrict the range of movement that you have on your hand, although this depends on how tight you decide to wrap the bandage. Bandage closures are best for those with smaller wrists, or for those who have struggles with the movement of football gloves in the past, just be careful that you do not allow it to restrict your movement too much.
As we said before, field conditions are an important consideration when buying football gloves, as if you often play on wet field conditions then you will need a pair of gloves that will be able to endure the moisture and not begin to break down and tear. This also runs into perspiration when playing, as the more that your gloves have to deal with moisture and water, the more likely they are to break down, so make sure that you look after your gloves in the proper manner according to the manufacturer’s instructions, as this will keep them as durable as possible. If you play in dryer conditions, make sure that you purchase a pair of gloves that is able to cope with the heat as well as the movements that you will be performing with your gloves.
Grip is very important when it comes to football gloves, but it all depends on where you need your grip and what level of grip you need. Some of the more expensive and professional football gloves will offer you higher levels of grip, which is great for those playing in goal and those who handle the ball a lot more. Some brands offer more durable grip, where cheaper gloves will peel and become damaged, so make sure that you look at the level of grip that you need.
Ventilation is what keeps your hands cools as you play, and this is important if you sweat a lot during practice, as this can cause the gloves to slip on your hands and reduce the amount of control that you have over the ball. V-Notched gloves offer the most ventilation and are the most professional style of glove out there, so if you are looking to play for long periods of time, this may be the option for you. If you don’t play as intensely then you will need a less professional amount of ventilation.
Padding provides protection for your hands and fingers as you play, which is important as it will protect your hands from injury when the ball is moving at high speeds. However, higher levels of padding can restrict your movement and make your hands feel heavy. The best padding is a lightweight flexible foam padding that will protect you from injury whilst still giving you the protection that you need from more intense levels of play, but still allowing you full range of movement and flexibility. Make sure that you note the level of protection that the gloves offer, as well as the range of movement and dexterity.
Tips and Tricks
Once you have bought yourself some new football gloves, it is important to know how to look after them, how to keep them tacky, and a few other clever tricks that will keep your gloves lasting for as long as possible. This part of our guide has put together five of the best tips and tricks that we can offer in order to help you get the most out of your football gloves, as well as helping you to measure your hands so that you get the perfect glove size.
Finding the right fit is very important when it comes to football gloves, as the closer and tighter the fit, the more control and dexterity you will have in terms of the ball and your playing style. However, if the fit is too tight, the gloves can stretch and split, so it is always important that you measure your hands properly. This tip guides you through measuring your hands and fingers properly so that you can find the right size to fit you properly for the best results.
Measuring Your Hands
Use a flexible, dressmakers measuring tape to measure your hand properly, as it will sit close to the skin and give you a better accuracy. Wrap the measuring tape around your palm at its thickest point, avoiding the thumb, and take note of the measurement. Repeat this on both hands and add one inch to the measurements. For example, if you measure your hand at 6 inches, your glove size will be seven inches. This added inch allows you to wear the gloves comfortably without stretching or tearing, as well as allowing the hands to breathe.
Measuring Your Fingers
Some manufacturers will use the size of your fingers to judge the size of your gloves, so make sure that you know what measurement the manufacturer is using before you buy the gloves to ensure that you get the right size. To measure your fingers, measure your longest finger from the base of your palm to the tip of your longest finger and then round up to the closest inch and this will serve as your glove size for these types of measurements. This sizing style is not as popular, but it is important to know how to measure this way in case the brand you are buying from measures in this way.
Consider Your Position
The position you perform plays an important role in the gloves that you need. A line backer, for example, needs heavier padding than a goalie, as he needs to protect his hands from scratched during ball pickups. They also need a greater level of grip as they handle the ball a lot more than some of the other players, and more grip reduces the risk of dropping the ball during the match, resulting in higher possession.
A goalie will need high levels of grip and flexibility and more padding on the palm, as he needs the control and flexibility to grab the ball as it moves at high speeds. He does not need the protection on the back of his hands, however, as he will not need to pick up the ball as often as a line backer.
Make sure that you keep your position in mind when you are buying football gloves, as this will affect the grip and protection levels that you need, as well as the products that you will need to look at in order to give you what you need from a pair of football gloves.
How to Keep Them Tacky
Tackiness is one of the most important aspects of a pair of football gloves, so keeping them tacky is important so that you can keep your control levels high. To keep your gloves tacky, you should avoid as much excess water as possible. You may wipe them to clean them, but make sure that you dry off any of the excess water. To clean off any dirt and debris simply place some tape over the tacky area and remove it. Any dirt will come off with the tape and make the gloves tacky again.
Washing Your Gloves
Football gloves are always best washed in lukewarm water. This will get rid of any chemicals that were used during the manufacturing process, as well as the sweat that your hands secrete as you play. Washing them in lukewarm water protects the gloves from intense temperature, whilst also gently withdrawing any of the sweat and chemicals in the materials. Once you have washed the gloves allow them to air dry, but wipe the tacky areas as soon as possible to protect them from excess moisture. If you need to wipe any fibres away from the tacky areas simply remove them by using a piece of tape.
Keep the Gloves Away from Harsh Temperatures
The latex that is used in the production of football gloves is sensitive to harsh temperatures. In the heat, the gloves can dry out and crack, but in the cold the gloves can also crack and peel. Football gloves are best stored in a cool, dry place, and best washed in lukewarm water then left to air dry. This will allow them to stay lubricated and flexible so that they are ready to go whenever you want to go out and play or train.
With all of our guides, we aim to help you find the best option for your needs and your skill levels so that you get the best product, tailored to your needs. We have carefully researched and developed this guide so that we can give you as much information as possible, allowing you to make the right decision for you and your needs. We hope that by reading through our comprehensive guide you have a better understanding of what you need from a pair of football gloves, as well as the features available to offer this to you and fulfil your needs.
We have also recommended five of the best products on the market so that you can find an option that will fill your needs without costing too much money. We guarantee that each product is carefully researched and all of the relevant information is brought to you so that you can make a fully informed decision on which product is right for you. We also hope that you have enjoyed out tips and tricks on the maintenance of your gloves, as we believe that you should only have to make a purchase such as this once, and proper maintenance will make your gloves last as long as possible.
We thank you for taking the time to read our guides and we hope that this guide has helped you to find the right product to suit your needs, as we have carefully developed this guide in order to do so. If you are interested in buying any other products, make sure that you stay tunes, as we have plenty more guides on their way to help you make all of the important purchasing decisions.