Nothing beats a weekend spent with family and friends over some nice roast meat and stories. Right? Or maybe you fancy a one man meat party. No problem, there are gas grills made for that too. Point is: a gas grill is a must-have equipment in every household. Unfortunately, many barbecue parties often go awry thanks to burnt or undercooked meat. To fix this, you ought to invest in a quality gas grill.
But then again, buying a gas grill is no walk in the park. A lot of time and research has to be put in in pursuit of one that can fit your needs. By needs, I mean the space in your home and of course, the kind of food you need to grill. Luckily, our team from Surf’n’Buy have done all the work for you. The result is a detailed guide on everything you need to know about gas grills. Don’t buy one before reading this, it will be totally worth it. Still not convinced?
Take your time and dive into Surf’n’Buy’s guide of the top 4 gas grills in 2019.
Top 4 Gas Grills
1. Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Equipped with upgraded features and the perfect size for hosting a BBQ or everyday family grilling
- Sear station creates an intense heat zone to quickly add sear marks on meat; Built-in lid thermometer
- Keep food warm or toast buns on the built-in warming rack and simmer BBQ sauce or sauté veggies on the side burner
- Porcelain-enameled, cast-iron cooking grates retain even heat for the best tasting food
- Built to last with heavy duty, porcelain-enameled lid and cookbox that won't rust or peal over time
Interested in equipment to make your home barbecues delicious and worth remembering every time? The Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is your ultimate solution. The grill has 3 burners made of stainless steel. They produce a total of 32,000 BTUs of heat per second. As such, you can be sure that anything you place on the burners will cook evenly, through and through. The cooking grates on this grill are made of cast iron. Hence, they are solid as rocks and strong enough to hold anything you place on them.
In addition to that, they are encased in porcelain-enamel flavorizer bars. Not only does the material make your food taste amazing, it protects and beautifies the grates at the same time. Ever struggled to turn on your grill? With the Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill, your struggle is no more. It is fitted with an Electronic Crossover ignition system. Thanks to the technology, you can turn on this grill with the push of a button.
- Nobody wants a grill that takes too much of your patio or deck space. This one is designed to be compact since it measures only 63 inches by 52 inches by 32 inches. Due to its measurements, the unit takes up a modest amount of space leaving enough room for you to walk and relax around it.
- Your barbecue and grill meals are most delicious when divided into main courses and accompaniments. To help you prepare them, the Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill has a 12,000 BTU side burner for preparing accompaniments. It also has a 7,500 Sear Station Burner for cooking your main dishes. The sear station turns on quickly so as to sear whatever you place on it and then cools down moderately to enable regular grilling.
- The porcelain enameled cooking grates are shaped like a V. They are positioned above the burner tubes to protect them from debris which could clog them. In addition to that, they catch food drippings and vaporize them. This creates a pleasant aroma which flavors your grilled food.
- After purchase, the Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill comes with a 10-year warranty on the porcelain-enameled lid. You also get to enjoy a 5-year warranty on the grates and flavorizer bars. As a result, you are sure of long term manufacturer support.
- The grill can arrive damaged due to improper or weak packaging material. Thick can lead to the breaking of parts which pose a threat when being used.
- The grill can arrive with some essential assembly parts missing. Some consumers have complained they didn’t find the required washers. Moreover, some of the assembly parts can be defective.
For a comfortable, effective grilling experience, the Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is the unit to buy. Not only is it compact in size, the grill has some porcelain enameled parts which protection and add flavor to your food at the same time. It has separate burners for main dishes and accompaniments. Moreover, it turns on with one push of a button thanks to an Electronic Crossover ignition system. Available in black, the Weber Spirit E330 Liquid Propane Gas Grill is a great all-purpose grill which you can use at home with full satisfaction.
2. Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station
- Easy assembly, and quick ignition button. You may receive a rear grease or a front grease drain.
- Griddle top is easily removable
- Four independently controlled burners with low to high temperature settings provide versatile cooking options
- Four industrial strength, caster wheels (two are lockable)
- Solid stainless Steel burners for long life, and thick Rolled Steel surface for excellent heat retention and distribution
First of all, grilling meat and other types of food is one of the most enjoyable activities which you can perform at home. To get every dish right, use the Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station. It is designed to give you a restaurant style experience of cooking. The griddle has an effective surface measuring 36″ x 20″ inches. This means that you have 720sq inches of flat top grilling surface area. As a result, you can grill large pieces of meat or many small ones all at the same time.
This is a highly versatile grill because it is perfect for grilling many types of dishes. You can actually grill breakfast dishes, lunch and dinner on this griddle. Examples of dishes that it can accommodate and prepare to your full satisfaction include eggs, pancakes, grilled cheese, steak, Teppanyaki foods and potatoes too. Do you have to use matches, kerosene, and charcoal to turn on your grill? Not only is this tiring, it is tacky and dirty. This grill eliminates this negative experience by making ignition a breeze.
It is fitted with an Electronic Ignition system which turns on the unit at the push of a button. This saves you time and makes the grilling experience more convenient. The grill has four burners whose level of heat output you can control. The burners can be adjusted independently to produce low to high amounts of heat and each one produces a total of 15,000 BTUs of heat. As a result of this setup, you have more cooking options every time you use the Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station.
- Rarely do you find a grill which comes with built-in storage? The Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station has bottom and side shelves. They are ideal for storing your already a prepared food and holding the ingredients for preparing dishes before grilling.
- The Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station is designed to allow efficient storage and transportation. The unit has a removable griddle top, legs that you can easily fold up and caster wheels made of industrial strength stainless steel. Thanks to these features, you can easily wheel it in and out of storage.
- This grill has a black steel frame which is powder coated. Its burners are made of stainless steel and its cooktop is made of thick, cold rolled steel too. These materials guarantee that your grill will last long. In addition to that, they are very easy to clean.
- The grill is powered by a propane tank of the 20lb variety. To hold it, the unit has a nice, spacious shelf tucked into its lower part. This keeps the tank safely out of sight while providing you with the necessary fuel for cooking.
- It can arrive with damaged parts and covered in dirt from shipment. Improper packaging from the manufacturer gives this result.
- The Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station has a design flaw which causes grease to run down the bottom and front of the unit. This makes grilling a very messy affair. Consumers faced with this problem turned to home-made grease mod devices to redirect this flow.
For all your grilling needs and concerns, the Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station is a perfect solution. The unit has an electronic ignition system which makes turning it on a breeze. Four burners with independent heat control help you to cook more efficiently too. Upon purchase, you enjoy a long lasting warranty from the manufacturer and the unit is designed with a special compartment for the propane gas tank. It is made of steel and some of its parts are powder-coated. As a result, it will last for decades. If you want to grill anything with fine results, turn to the Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station.
3. Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared 3-Burner Cabinet Gas Grill
- 420 square inches of primary cooking over porcelain-coated cast iron grates
- 155 square inch porcelain-coated warming rack, 13,000 BTU side burner
- Three top-ported 443 stainless steel tube burners for lasting performance and better temperature control
- Surefire Electronic ignition system offers a reliable spark at every burner
- Easily converts from liquid propane(lp) to natural gas(ng) with natural gas conversion kit (sold separately)
Grilling food is an enjoyable activity that you can perform in the comfort of your home for the enjoyment of your family and friends. To get your dishes right, you need to use high-quality equipment such as the Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill. It has 420 square inches of cooking area for you. As such, you can prepare many dishes all at the same time. The grill has some specially-designed cooking grates. They are coated with a layer of porcelain which protects them from the elements resulting in maximum durability.
To ensure that you serve hot food to your family or friends after you have completed grilling, this unit has a 155-inch warming rack which effectively heats your food on demand. It is also coated in porcelain. The Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill has a trio of tube burners made of stainless steel. They are posted along the top of the unit. The burners allow you to cook your food better and provide more efficient temperature control. Extra storage in the grill makes your outdoor barbecue more comfortable. The Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill has stainless steel shelves where you can keep your food before or after preparation.
In addition to that, its side burner is lidded and provides some extra working space whenever required. For efficient fueling, the grill can be converted from propane gas fuel to natural gas on demand.
- Long gone are the days of lighting your grill with matches and kerosene. This grill has a Surefire Electronic ignition system. It allows you to turn on each burner with the flick of a button.
- In addition to the burners located at its top, the Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill has a side burner which produces 13,000 BTUs of heat. You can use it to sear your meat prior to grilling.
- After turning on the grill, its grids are kept hot by an innovative mechanism known as the Tru Infrared Technology. The innovation heats up the grids and keeps your meat evenly hot. In addition to that, it sends heat directly into your food effectively sealing in the delicious juices.
- The grill is equipped with a special cooking plate between the flames and the grids that protect your food from flare ups. Thanks to this, you can cook in a safer way knowing that your food is cooking evenly with no chance of getting charred by naked flames.
- The Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill has a special cabinet for storing your propane tank. The cabinet has stainless steel doors and is also ideal for storing grilling equipment such as seasoning, wood chips, sauces, and rubs. The cabinet sits on two pairs of casters to help move it around easily. Two of these casters can lock resulting in stability.
- The automatic ignition system stops working after a week of use. A consumer experienced this and requested for manufacturer support through the warranty. They got a replacement igniter with no installation directions at all. As such, the build quality and customer service are poor.
- The grids get rusted too quickly even if you observe the procedures of maintaining them. Despite being made of stainless steel, the grids on this grill will still get rusted even if you cover them with the lid which indicates poor build quality.
The Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill is one of the most effective infrared grills in the market today. The unit utilizes Tru InfraRed Technology to cook your dishes evenly. Moreover, the same technology keeps your cooked dishes hot after you are done preparing them. It has an electronic ignition system to help you turn on the burners and ample storage for your grilling equipment too. If you are searching for a high-quality unit, the Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Cabinet Gas Grill is a perfect grilling partner.
4. Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill LP
- Designed in California by former Apple Chief Designer Robert Brunner and winner of Vesta's Best Gas BBQ & Spark Design Award
- Reaching temps of 500F in just 5 mins & up to 650F with a 15lb porcelain-enamel cast iron grate that provides massive heat sink for amazing sear marks
- Compact 21" x 21" footprint perfect for small patio/balcony and 346 sq. in. cooking surface with ability to grill 12 quarter-pound (4 1/2" Dia.) burgers
- Featuring push button electronic ignition, hinged tank storage access door, easy roll mobility, built-in lid thermometer & easy clean residue tray
- Assembly time of less than 30 mins with the use of only 14 screws and 21,000 BTU/hr. burner system good for up to 50 (20 minute) cooking cycles
There are various ways to cook your meals. One of the most effective ones is to use the Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill LP to prepare them. It is an upright grill designed by award winning former Apple Computers Chief Designer Robert Brunner. The grill is capable of reaching high temperatures of 500 degrees Fahrenheit in just five minutes. Moreover, the unit is able to reach a maximum temperature of 600 degrees Fahrenheit. As a result, it cooks your food evenly. The Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill delivers perfect sear marks on your steaks. It accomplishes this using a 15lb cast iron grate made of porcelain enamel. This part acts as an efficient heat sink resulting in the amazing sear marks on your meat.
- The grill has a 21 by 21-inch footprint. This is very compact hence the unit can be used comfortably on your patio or balcony. Despite its small size, the grill delivers a 348 square inch cooking surface. Using this, you can use it to cook even large pieces of meat quite effectively. As a matter of fact, you can use this grill to cook a total of 12 quarter-pound (4 1/2″ Dia.) burgers without straining.
- The grill has a number of features which maximize your convenience during use. An example of such is an electronic ignition system. By using this feature, you do not have to worry about using kerosene or matches to start it up. Moreover, it has a tank storage access door which is hinged and roll mobility made possible by four caster wheels. The unit has a lid thermometer which is built in as well as a residue tray which assists you in more convenient cleaning after you finish using the appliance.
- After purchase, you can assemble the Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill in a record 30 minutes using only 14 screws. Moreover, the grill is fitted with a burner system releasing 21,000 BTU/hr. that is good for up to 50 cycles of 20-minute grilling sessions.
- The burner in this grill is designed to use less fuel. As such, it is energy-efficient and saves you money in the long term. There is less air flow in the grilling grate too. As a result, your steaks can retain more moisture resulting in juicier dishes once you are done.
- The grill is designed such that the heat distribution is balanced. Due to a dual-ring burner designed to have concentric circles, the grill is able to balance out the heat radiation while you use it. This prevents your steaks from developing hot spots and extra markers destroying the perfect sear marks.
- The cast iron grate is prone to cracking. Some consumers have reported that it cracked the first time that they used it. This indicates low build quality.
- It uses up burners really fast due to corrosion. The manufacturers should improve the burner design so as to make them last longer.
If your main concern when searching for a grill is a compact design, then this is the one for you. It is tubular and upright in nature. As a result, it uses up very little surface area on your deck or patio. Secondly, its design enables you to save money thanks to better heat distribution. You never have to worry about using kerosene or charcoal to start up this grill. That’s because it has an electronic ignition system. While ensuring perfect sears on your steaks and burgers, the Fuego Element F21C Carbon Steel Gas Grill provides a great cooking appliance for you.
How To Distinguish a Quality Gas Grill From a Cheap One
A good quality gas grill is stable. When you place a heavy piece of meat on it or jostle the unit, it stays in place and does not bend or creak under the pressure. The cart, lid, wheels and fire box all stay in place firmly without any rattling when you operate them. Good quality gas grills have their cart frames made of stainless steel which is welded together. Low-quality ones have painted steel plates attached to each other with nuts and bolts. Hence, they often get loose and begin creaking after you use the unit.
Also, good quality gas grills are fitted with wheels or casters at four corners to help move the cart from one point to another. In addition to this, they have the wheels attached to their own axle. In contrast, low-quality gas grills have no wheels or casters at all. This means that you have to lift up the entire unit if you want to move it from one spot to another. If the low-quality gas grills do have some wheels, they are attached to the body of the unit. Despite still being functional, wheels attached in this way are not durable.
Good quality gas grills have a number of built-in safety features. Firstly, they are very stable. This prevents them from tipping over during use. Secondly, they do not have any sharp edges and your fingers are not too close to the hot lid when you hold the grill handle. Also, they ensure that there is sufficient distance between the burners and meat grates so as to protect your hands from flare-ups. Last but not least, good quality gas grills make use of electronic ignition eliminating the need for items such as kerosene and charcoal.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Gas Grill
Grilling is an ideal method of food preparation when you’re hosting a barbecue party or having a cookout with your friends or family. To experience quality results when you use a gas grill, you need to pick the right one when shopping. Here are some Surf’n’Buy’s factors to consider when purchasing a gas grill.
Does it Arrive at Your Home Fully Assembled or Not?
Gas grills can arrive at your home after purchasing in two states, fully assembled or in parts. If it arrives already assembled for you, all you have to do is hook up the fuel tank and turn it on. However, if it arrives in parts, you have to spend time following a manual to set up your gas grill. Whether a gas grill arrives fully assembled or not is an important factor to consider. Do you have the time and handy expertise to figure out how to assemble it? In addition to this, do you have the tools which are necessary to assemble it? Always check to see if it arrives already assembled for you or not. If this is not indicated on the packaging, ask a sales associate at the store where you are browsing for a gas grill.
What Is it Made of?
It is important to know the materials that a gas grill is made of? Most gas grills are made of either cast-iron or stainless steel. If you intend to place your gas grill in a spot where it is protected from the elements, a cast-iron unit will be good enough. However, if you want to place your gas grill in the outdoors where it could get rained on, stainless steel is the material to pick because it is rust resistant. Generally, gas grills made of stainless steel last for over ten years if well maintained.
Do You Get a Warranty Upon Purchase?
It is important to find out if a gas grill comes with a warranty. In addition to this, find out how long the warranty lasts and what it covers. Asking about this does not mean that you expect it to malfunction. Asking about a warranty just helps you to know your options when you buy the unit. In most cases, premium gas grills normally have a warranty that lasts for between one and two years. For peace of mind, simply pick a gas grill whose warranty lasts for at least half a decade.
The Amount of BTUs
The amount of heating power of a gas grill is measured in BTUs. This is a unit for measuring its heating power. As you determine the gas grill which you will pick, ask yourself how much grilling you intend to do. Are you buying a unit to use on the odd weekend with your friends and family or do you need a gas grill for commercial purposes in a restaurant or steak house? The intended purpose of your gas grill is essential in picking the right amount of power rating for your gas grill. If you are buying a unit for light use, lower BTUs are appropriate. However, gas grills with higher BTUs are ideal for commercial use.
How Much Control Do You Need Over the Temperature of Your Grill?
Some people like to grill their meat and food slowly and evenly. Others prefer to cook quick and hot. Your style of grilling plays a big part in determining the type of grill that you need. Therefore, if you normally require having as much control over the heat as you grill, consider the gas grills that have more temperature controls and the ability to turn individual burners on or off. If you want more heat, pick the ones that have many grills. On the other hand, if you prefer to cook low and slow, a grill that has fewer burners and fewer knobs for controlling the heat is good enough.
Do You Intend to Move it Around Much?
After you buy your grill, will you be removing it from storage so as to use it and return it there after completion? Alternatively, will you place it in one spot and never move it elsewhere for storage? The frequency of moving your grill is an important factor to consider as you browse through gas grill choices. If you want a mobile grill, consider a unit that has some wheels on its frame. They should be heavy duty, have lockable casters and be attached to their own axles. This allows them to last long and navigate rough terrain easily. Even if you will not be moving your gas grill a lot, it is still a great idea to have one that has some wheels attached for the instances when you do want to move the unit.
Form of Body Construction
Gas grills come in various types of construction. Some of them are made of steel or cast-iron plates that are attached to each other using nuts and bolts. On the other hand, there are others where the body panels are actually welded together. It goes without saying that the latter are better constructed. Consider the style of body construction as you sort through some choices of gas grills. Welded units are more stable and durable over time. Therefore, pick them over nut and bolt gas grills.
Choosing the Best Gas Grill for Your Needs
There are many types of gas grills available from various manufacturers. They have unique features which appeal to particular consumers. When choosing a gas grill, there are some characteristics that you should assess. Read on to learn about them so as to pick the right gas grill for your needs.
The Size of Gas Grill
These appliances come in various shapes and sizes. This is so as to provide a gas grill for low and high capacity use. There are small gas grills which are ideal for use by individuals or small families. On the other hand, there are gas grills that are used in commercial settings such as restaurants and steakhouses. Assess how much grilling you intend to do and the amount of meat you want to grill per session so as to choose the right size. If your grilling needs are low, a small one will suffice whereas if your needs are high, a larger machine is in order. Keep in mind that a large grilling surface cooks more food per minute than a small one.
Price of the Unit
Just like any other cooking appliances, gas grills normally have various price points. They range in price from $130 to more than $1,500 according to their features and added accessories. Come up with a budget which is comfortable for you when choosing a gas grill. After that, browse for a unit under the guidance of your budget. Do not over-extend yourself to pick a gas grill that is beyond your buying power. Despite the tempting bells and whistles that more expensive units could have, stick to your budget and pick a unit you can afford.
The Grilling Grates
The grates are very important in a gas grill. They provide you with a surface upon which you can place your meat, potatoes or cheese as you grill. It is the main part that delivers heat to your food and prepares it as you wish. As such, you should assess this element when choosing a gas grill. Since it is the part that stays hot for longest, a grate should be very durable. Some grates normally begin to chip and get embedded in your food over time as you cook because they are not as durable as required. To avoid this, choose cast-iron or cast-aluminum grates. They are strong and distribute heat much more evenly than other types. Another characteristic that you should strive for is coated grates. Cast-iron grates normally perform better in the long term if they are coated with materials such as porcelain. Therefore, the best type of gas grill grates to pick are cast-iron, porcelain-coated ones.
To make them more marketable, modern gas grills are fitted with a wide variety of features. Some have side burners that allow you to cook extra, complementary dishes and sear burners that help you to cook rotisserie dishes. In addition to those, others come equipped with smokers that give a barbecue flavor to your meat and Infrared Technology which cooks your meat through convection currents while retaining tenderness. Some others even have baffle systems to help prevent food pieces from falling right into your grill and make cleaning easier. With so many features at your disposal, try to choose the ones that are necessary for you. Every gas grill will have some qualities that the next does not. Therefore, identify the most strategically beneficial features and pick them as you choose a gas grill.
Best Gas Grill Brands
This is a brand of gas grills that is fully owned by Canadian Onward Manufacturing. Some of their models include the Broil-Mate and Broil-King. Their gas grills are made of aluminum and have cast-iron grates. In addition to this, they have a stainless steel burner and electronic ignition. Huntington gas grills also have side plates which come in very handy if you want to prepare your food before or after grilling. For easier mobility, their gas grills have a set of wheels on a special axle. They are lockable and stable enough to handle various terrains. The brand offers a 10-year warranty on their gas grills.
Popularly associated with three-burner gas grills, Char-Broil is one of the most reliable brands in this sector. Their gas grills are light and easy to set up whenever required. Also, they are of good quality at affordable prices. Their units are designed to have a stainless steel cabinet to hold the propane gas tank fueling the grill. They also have lids that you can use to cover your grates and burners after you finish grilling your food. Char-Broil gas grills are moderately powered and can grill or sear your meat effectively.
Another commonly known gas grill brand is this one. Broil-Mate produces gas grills that are shaped like the classic units from the 1960s. They have cast aluminum frames and burners producing 40,000 BTUs of heat. Each of the two burners in these gas grills has a control knob. As such, you can grill two pieces of steak at different rates. This feature makes Broil-Mate gas grills popular among commercial establishments where each dish has to be prepared according to its own special way. The cast aluminum frame used in gas grills from this brand does not rust at all. As such, you can place their units in the outdoors exposed to the elements and they will still function normally. Whenever you buy a Broil-Mate grill, it comes with a 5-year warranty on the cooking burner set-up, 2-year warranty on the frame and lifetime coverage on the cook box.
Weber is a reliable gas grill brand that is famous for its highly effective backyard merchandise. Their units have great design, formidable construction and come with long term warranties. Weber gas grills have three burners, each with its own control knob. The controllers are set in the front of the unit and allow you easy access and more effective grilling. Their gas grills have electronic ignition hence are easy to start up when required. With Weber gas grills, you can perform effective 2-zone cooking. This allows you to cook two different types of dishes at unique rates of preparation. Their units also have side trays which you can use for preparing your dishes prior to grilling.
An interesting feature which is found exclusively on Weber gas grills is that they have a fuel gauge. It shows you the amount of fuel left in your gas tank based on its weight. Units from this brand are durable since they are made of cast aluminum. Weber is a trusted gas grill brand.
Commonly found in Canada, this brand of gas grills has a reputation for effectiveness and reliability. They make use of propane gas as the primary fuel source. Moreover, they cook your food with a combination of flame and Infra Red Technology. The Napoleon Rogue gas grills have four burners and a sear Infra Red burner located on the left side shelf. Known among enthusiasts of this gas grill model as the Sizzle Zone, the burner gives you two heat zones for preparing your dishes. You can actually use the two zones at the same time or individually. Napoleon Rogue gas grills have a compartment which is specially-built for holding the propane tank. In addition to this, their gas grills have wheel sets equipped with lockable casters. This makes it very easy to move the grill from one place to another for example from storage to the area where you intend to grill your dishes. It is a famous, reliable Canadian brand.
Gas Grill Accessories and Parts
To keep your gas grill going for many years, it is advisable to have a good understanding of the replacement parts. Moreover, it is important to know the accessories you can use to increase its capabilities. Here is a description of these elements for you.
Gas grill thermometers
This one of the most effective accessories for your gas grill. It actually measures the internal temperature of your food as you cook it. In doing so, it tells you exactly when your food is done. The thermometer is designed such that you can set the target internal food temperature. After that, you can head off to other tasks and the device will ring an alarm after this target temperature is achieved. This capability allows you to cook different types of food on the same grill and set different temperature targets so as to ensure each dish cooks perfectly. Modern grill thermometers are so advanced that they not only ring an alarm, they can also send you alerts through a dedicated smartphone application.
Wood chip smoker boxes
Do you want a smoky flavor on the burgers or steaks that you prepare on your gas grill? If so, this is the accessory to get. The wood chip smoker box is a little box with holes on its lid. It can be made of stainless steel, cast-aluminum or cast-iron. In it, you place some smoldering wood chips. After that, you simply cover it up and let the smoke emerge through the holes in its lid. You can place the smoker box under your grill under the rack so as to flavor your meat during cooking. This will flavor it in such a way that the meat will not be exposed to any naked flame. Moreover, the smoker box allows for flavoring with no ashy mess whatsoever. It is an essential accessory to get for your gas grill.
Do you want to keep your grill protected from the elements whenever you are not using it? This is the accessory that you need. A grill cover is ideal to keep the essential parts of your grill protected from rain, sleet, snow and scorching sun. Grill covers are made of breathable material which is water resistant. Moreover, they come with straps to keep them in place even if the wind blows. Manufactured by many gas grill companies, grill covers do come with warranties too.
The ignitor is an important part of modern gas grills. Electronically-powered, the ignitor works to light up your gas grill using an electric spark. Over time, it can malfunction or even work incorrectly. In such a case, you need a replacement for the piezoelectric spark ignitor. Thankfully, there are many replacements available. They feature a piezoelectric system that restores the button start feature of your gas grill. Some of them are made for specific brands of gas grills while others are generic and can fit on any unit. If you can, purchase the specific ignitor for your brand of gas grill. By getting and installing the replacement ignitor, you can restore the easy start system on your unit.
Gas Grill Tips and Tricks
Do you want juicier steaks, better-done burgers or even finger-licking barbecue? You can achieve this by learning how to use your gas grill better. In addition to this, you can make very well cooked food by learning how to maintain your gas grill in the best way possible. Here are some Surf’n’Buy’s tips and tricks on how to maintain and use your gas grill.
How to Keep Your Gas Grill Clean All the Time
It is important to keep your gas grill clean. This will prevent too much smoke from emerging from the unit as you use it. This smoke can make your food taste bad and eliminate its authentic flavor. One way to keep your gas grill clean is to turn it on at a high heat setting for between 10 and 15 minutes before and after you use it. Doing this effectively makes the grill burn off all the residue grease on the rack.
While this gets rid of all the grease, you need to do a more thorough clean up so as to get rid of any dirt, residue food, and ash that could have fallen into the grill. As such, make sure that you take out the rack and gas grill lid so as to clean them up at least twice a year. If you grill much more often, strive to do so more regularly. Use warm water and some dish cleaning solution in this endeavor. Maintaining this cleaning regimen should keep your grill clean throughout.
Learn How to Control Flare Ups
These are the instances when the flames in your grill just rise up and emerge past the rack. They often char your food which is not desirable. To avoid flare ups, use only as much heat as you require for the dish that you are grilling. Too much heat increases the chances for a flare up. Secondly, if a flare up occurs, simply move your food from the side that is flaming and put it on an empty, cooler spot on the grill rack. After that, let the fire burn with the gas grill lid open until it dies out on its own. The objective of grilling is not to put out the fires but to control them. Therefore, do not whip out your water spray bottle every time a flare up occurs. Simply control the heat level and they shall be less frequent.
Prevent Your Food From Burning and Blackening by Keeping the Sugar Cool
Some of the barbeque and steaks sauces and dips contain some sugar. As such, if you turn up the heat on your grill past the burning point of sugar, it will get burnt and char your food. The burning point of sugar is 265 degrees F (130 degrees C). Therefore, if you are using some flavoring sauce that has sugar in it, use your grill thermometer to ensure that the rack temperature does not exceed this point. In this way, you are able to keep the sugar from burning and charring your food.
Marinate Your Meat Before You Barbecue It on the Grill to Bring Out Its Authentic Flavor
One of the culinary tricks of grilling is to marinate your food. By subjecting your food to this process, you can infuse a specific taste into it or bring out its original flavor. To bring out a zesty, tangy flavor in your cuts, you can marinate them with sauces such as soy or chili sauce. Garlic-infused olive oil also works wonders while Worcestershire sauce brings out tons of flavor. Marinate your meats at least 24 hours before you get them on the grill. Also, ensure that they sit at room temperature for at least 10 to 15 minutes before actually placing them on the rack. This will prepare them properly for the heat and bring out the flavors you desire.
Well, there you have it, the secret to buying a great gas grill. You now don’t have to keep explaining why the meat is burnt. To recap everything, buying a good grill is about being able to tell the real from fake products. The Surf’n’Buy team have already covered that in the details above. You also have to pay attention to some special features if you want a worthwhile experience. Finally, owning a gas grill requires some maintenance. You don’t have to do it often, just enough to keep it clean. Now let’s make some barbecue!