If you are looking for an industrial air compressor, you may be wondering which is the right one for you and whether an industrial air compressor is what you really need. There are so many different variations when it comes to air compressors so it can be a bit of a minefield when trying to figure out what exactly it is that you need.
Surf’n’Buy understand that trying to find the right air compressor for your needs and tool requirements can be difficult and that is why we have developed a range of buying guides to help you fill all of your needs. This guide will explore three of the best industrial air compressors to help you find the right one for your needs as well as giving you the information you need to find out if an industrial air compressor is what you really need. We hope this guide helps you find the air compressor you need for your commercial garage or business so that you can power all of the tools you need to complete any job.
Top 3 Industrial Air Compressors
1. DeWalt DXCMH9919910
TheDeWalt DXCMH9919910 is a 120 gallon air compressor to offer you all of the air capacity you need to power the most demanding tools for as long as possible without running out of air. With a 10 HP motor with either 230 or 460 volts, you can power up to 100 PSI at 35 CFM, making this air compressor suitable for almost any tool and any need.
Equipped with Pre-Wired and Mounted Magnetic Starter, this is one of the most efficient air compressors on the market, saving you time and money in the long run. The three phase capacity allows you to customize the output to the tool you are using and the job you are completing.
The cast iron construction makes this air compressor one of the most durable air compressors on the market, suitable for industrial settings where it might be vulnerable to knocks and bumps. This makes the DeWalt DXCMH9919910 one of the most dependable air compressors on the market with a smooth running operation to provide consistent and even air flow. The extra capacity oil reservoir runs at a lower temperature to guarantee a more efficient oil use and little maintenance with this air compressor.
- 120 gallons of air allows you to power the most demanding tools as long as you need them.
- 35.0-CFM at 100-PSI and 33.6-CFM at 175-PSI means you can power almost any tool, perfect for industrial garages.
- Between 230 or 460 volts, you can power this air compressor with almost any power output in an industrial setting.
- The Pre-Wired and Mounted Magnetic Starter means that you can get working as soon as possible without having to wait for the compressor to fill up or reach maximum power, saving you time and money.
- Three phase capacity means you can change the settings to the tool you need to use so you won’t overpower a low demand tool.
- The iron body makes this air compressor incredibly durable and dependable.
- The smooth operation provides a consistent and even airflow so any tools you use work steadily to guarantee dependability.
- The high capacity oil reservoir runs at a lower temperature for greater efficiency and lower maintenance when using this air compressor.
- The DeWalt DXCMH9919910 weighs 900 pounds which is incredibly heavy and will need professional installation and cannot be moved after it is installed.
- The oil reservoir will need regular maintenance and replacement which will be of a greater cost throughout the lifetime of this air compressor.
If you are looking for a high quality air compressor with a large capacity and incredible power, the DeWalt DXCMH9919910 is the one for you. This air compressor will offer you the use of any tool for any amount of time so that you can get the job done. Although heavier than other options, the durable iron body is built to last and the smooth running air flow ensures consistency and dependability so that you have an air compressor that is going to last a lifetime.
2. Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075
The 30 gallon capacity and 7.5 HP with a 175 maximum PSI gives you enough power to use any tool or even several tools at once so you can work with someone else to get the job done faster. The two stage patented pump design ensures a cooler running pump for minimum maintenance and increased efficiency. The EPA and CARB-Approved OHV design for offers increased efficiency and optimal power transfer for minimize energy loss. At 497 pounds, the Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075 is perfect for service truck and field service applications so that you can use this air compressor anywhere you need to.
The cast iron two stage industrial pump is durable and features six free floating stainless red valves with stop guides to allow for a controlled lift and four rings per piston to improve efficiency and better oil control. The patented piston design increases compression efficiency to reduce wasted air. The easy view oil level helps you to better understand when you need to replace and maintain the oil levels to eliminate the guesswork and keep your air compressor working perfectly.
The oversized, industrial grade bearings extend the pump life and splash lubrication so there is total lubrication across the motor to reduce wear and tear. The automotive style connecting rods are equipped with precision inserts to increase efficiency and oil control. The metal intake filter reduces vibration and sound and features a replaceable filter element to ensure low maintenance and reliable usage.
- The 30 gallon capacity gives you all the air you need to power any tool.
- With a maximum 175 PSI you can power any tool you need.
- With a coupling feature, you can work with a friend to get the job done faster or perform several jobs at once.
- The patented pump design guarantees a cooler running pump for minimal wear and tear.
- The EPA and CARB-Approved OHV design optimizes the energy efficiency by increasing the energy efficiency.
- Weighing 497 pounds, this air compressor is ideal for truck and field service applications as it can be moved around easier than other options.
- The innovative pump design offers several features to improve volumetric efficiency and oil control, there is little wasted energy or oil with this air compressor.
- The cast iron design is durable and reliable to ensure you have an air compressor that is built to last.
- The patented piston ensures compression efficiency so you can make the most of the air output.
- With an easy view oil level sight glass, you can see the oil level at all times to track when you need to replace or maintain the oil levels so there is no guesswork as to when you need to maintain the air compressor.
- Oversized industrial bearings ensure total lubrication across the motor so there is little need for maintenance due to reduced wear and tear.
- The automotive connecting rods ensure precision and increase oil control.
- With increased vibrations, this is a quietly running air compressor to allow you to concentrate as you work.
- This is not one of the higher HP options on the market and may not be as powerful as other air compressors.
- The capacity of the Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075 is also lower than other options and may not be able to power tools as long as other air compressors available.
For a high quality, truck and field service air compressor that you can use with any tool and even with multiple tools, this is one of the best air compressors on the market. With a myriad of features which increase efficiency and reduce maintenance so that you can simply get working with this durable and reliable air compressor. The low vibration and noise level keep you concentrating as you work so there is no need for hearing protection.
3. EMAX Compressor ESP10V080V1
This 10 HP compressor with an 80 gallon tank offers up to 50,000 hours of use with proper maintenance and features low RPM pumps to ensure a low draw and sustained air pressure. The continuous mode functionality eliminates wear and tear to give you an air compressor with minimum maintenance requires for easy use.
The pump features a precision balanced, solid cast iron crank shaft and stainless steel roller bearings to ensure smooth and efficient operation for consistent airflow during use. The Cool-Tek features ensures that the EMAX Compressor ESP10V080V1 is one of the coolest running compressors available with a 35% lower operating temperature to reduce moisture build up and extend pump life. The Ram-Tek steel body and heavy gauge rods are crafted to increase performance and durability to give you the highest longevity to ensure this air compressor is built to last.
The oil sight glass allows you to see exactly when the oil needs replacing. The top quality oil rings and removeable cast iron cylinders make maintenance easy to perform so that you don’t need to fiddle with tricky elements. Non-absorbent gaskets prevent oil seepage from the pump to increase longevity and reduce maintenance. The belt tension adjuster with fast, easy one turn belt tightener reduces vibration and extends belt life.
- Designed for up to 50,000 hours of use with proper maintenance, this is an air compressor that is built to last.
- With 10 HP and an 80 gallon tank, the EMAX Compressor ESP10V080V1 promises all of the power and capacity you need for any tool.
- Continuous mode functionality eliminates wear and tear for minimum maintenance.
- Precision balanced, solid cast iron crank shaft and stainless steel roller bearings guarantees consistent and energy efficient airflow.
- The patented Cool-Tek technology guarantees up to 35% cooler running to increase efficiency and lower maintenance needs.
- Ram-Tek steel body and heavy gauge rods are crafted to increase performance and durability so this air compressor is perfect for busy work spaces as it will withstand any knocks and bumps.
- The oil sight glass allows you to see exactly when the oil needs replacing.
- The easy to use one turn belt adjuster allows for easy settings changes and reduces vibration and noise.
- The removeable pieces make maintenance quick and easy.
- The non-absorbent gaskets reduce oil leakage to reduce wear and tear.
- This air compressor weighs nearly 1000 pounds, making it incredibly difficult to move and install.
One of the highest quality options on the market is the EMAX Compressor ESP10V080V1. This air compressor is built with some of the most innovative features to reduce wear and tear and the need for maintenance so that you get an air compressor that is built to last. The high capacity and incredibly strong output gives you the power you need to power any tool for any job. With up to 50,000 hours of use and features to make maintenance a breeze, this is one of the easiest air compressors to look after.
When to Consider Industrial Air Compressor
An industrial air compressor converts power into pressurized air to allow you to power a number of pneumatic tools. You might be wondering if you actually need an industrial air compressor as there are many models which are of smaller size and capacity which may do the trick. It is true that an industrial air compressor serves enough power for any tool but only a handful of garages actually need an industrial air compressor. This section of our guide will help you to figure out whether an industrial air compressor is really what you need.
Consider Your Tools
Air compressors can power a huge range of tools so it’s important to know what power level your tools need from your air compressor to get the right one. If you require specialized tools which need a lot of power and airflow, you definitely should consider an industrial air compressor. Lower powered tools may only need a smaller air compressor as you don’t want to buy an air compressor with power you won’t be using. Industrial air compressors are ideal for commercial garages who will be using a lot of different tools with a range of different power requirements.
How Many People Will be Working?
Commercial garages will most likely have several people working with air compressor tools at one time. This is where an industrial air compressor comes in the most useful because most options, such as the Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075 offer a coupling feature so that two people can work at once. This allows you to use only one air compressor for several jobs at once which is great when you need to work fast to complete a project. If you have several people working and needing access to an air compressor, an industrial air compressor is most definitely needed. You may need more than one if you are in a specialized garage but the options in this guide are suitable for two people and give enough capacity in terms of air and power so both can work effectively.
Do You Need a Portable Air Compressor?
If you are using tools around a project area you may need a portable air compressor and if this is the case, an industrial air compressor may not be the right option for you. However, the Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075 is also portable enough to use on trucks. On the other hand, if you are looking for an air compressor that will stand stationary in the garage to power a range of tools in one space then an industrial air compressor is a good option. These air compressors are better suited to specialized functions than a range of projects in different areas, but can also power a range of tools so you can perform different functions in the same space.
When it comes to industrial air compressors, we hope this guide has given you all of the information you need to find the right make and model. If you are looking for high quality and high power, the EMAX Compressor ESP10V080V1 is one of the best options out there. The high capacity and innovative low maintenance features make this one of the easiest air compressors to look after whilst providing high efficiency and power.
If you are looking for something more portable, the Industrial Air Contractor IH1393075 is one of the lighter industrial air compressors out there so that you can power it from a truck or keep it in the garage. However, if you need a larger capacity, the DeWalt DXCMH9919910 has an incredible 120 gallon tank so that you can power any tool for any amount of time.
Surf’n’Buy know that air compressors open the door to so many different projects and jobs, so you can expand your business. We hope this guide has helped you find the industrial air compressor you need for your garage to make sure all of your tools can be powered for as long as possible.