We all dream of the perfect garden, with flowers blooming and plenty of color. Getting that garden, however, is not always that easy, especially for some of us. I was always in awe of my grandmothers garden but never understood how she did it. If, like me, you aren’t blessed with green fingers, you may be wondering if you can ever achieve the dream of the perfect garden. The solution to your black fingered problem is fertilizer. Fertilizer offers you plants everything they need to be strong and healthy, allowing them to be vibrant in the coming months. Liquid fertilizer is one of the easiest ways to ensure your plants are getting the nutrients and support they need to keep them healthy and happy.
If you are looking to get the best out of your plants in the coming year, you may be considering creating a fertilization schedule, you may be wondering which fertilizer may be best for your plants. There are so many different kinds of fertilizer that it is almost impossible to narrow down which is best for what, what goes where and when to use which. It’s confusing!
That’s where Surf’n’Buy come in. We are all plant lovers here and we want to share the gift of a beautiful garden this spring. The following three liquid fertilizers are perfect for beginners and offer your plants everything they need in terms of support so that they can grow healthy and vibrant. We also have some extra information to answer the burning questions you might have about the best kind of fertilizers for your plants so that you have all the information you need to make an informed decision. Keep reading to find out all you need to know to achieve your dream garden this spring with the perfect liquid fertilizer for your plants.
Top 3 Liquid Fertilizers
1. TeaDrops Organic Plant Food
TeaDrops Organic Plant Food is designed to optimize soil ecology and increase fertilizer utility to maximize plant growth. This results in more fruits and vegetables which are larger and juicier than ever. With beneficial microbes and essential micronutrients, humic acid and kelp, this liquid fertilizer bolsters the soil microbial population and helps to suppress disease. This all works together to keep your plants protected and healthy.
This liquid fertilizer can be used in combination with other fertilizers to increase nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium absorption and produce healthier, more vibrant plants. These elements help to increase root growth and create a better soil structure to maximize nutrient intake.
Simply add 4 ounces of TeaDrops Organic Plant Food to 1 gallon of water and water your plants as normal. This is incredibly easy to use and makes fertilizing your plants simply a part of the routine, simply mix the solution and water near the roots to ensure your plants are getting everything they need to thrive.
- Designed to support your plants with essential microbes and nutrients, this fertilizer offers a wide range of microbial elements to promote healthy soil.
- Created to increase nutrient intake, the TeaDrops Organic Plant Food helps to keep your plants healthy and vibrant.
- By supporting proper soil structure and increased root growth, this liquid fertilizer helps to boost nutrient intake from the first use.
- The ease of use makes this liquid fertilizer one of the most convenient, simply add it water and sprinkle as usual.
- Suitable for a wide range of plants, there is no need to hunt for specific fertilizers for all of your different plants.
- With 1 gallon to your purchase, this fertilizer lasts a long time to improve cost effectiveness and save you money in the long term.
- This fertilizer can be used on both indoor and outdoor plants to make fertilization that much easier.
- This fertilizer is very easy to mix and use, making fertilization a breeze.
- With all natural ingredients, you plants grow strong and healthy the natural way, with no chemicals or additives which can cause damage.
- This fertilizer has a rather unpleasant smell which can be annoying for some consumers.
- This fertilizer is not as strong on certain plants as it is an all round fertilizer for use on all kinds of plants. This can be an issue for those looking for something specific.
- This fertilizer is not suitable for roses or tomato plants specifically as it does not have the specific formulation these plants require.
- This fertilizer is not as strong as a plant-specific fertilizer for different kinds of plants.
If you are looking for one of the most convenient plant fertilizers on the market, look no further than the TeaDrops Organic Plant Food. This liquid fertilizer has everything you need to bolster your plants root system and develop proper structural support in the soil. This, in turn, allows your plants to increase their intake of nutrients to provide it with superior sustenance and allow it to grow and thrive.
Suitable for use on any plant, you can use this fertilizer both in and out of the home so there is no need to buy several fertilizers for all of the different plants you own. Simply mix this together and water as normal to provide your plants with everything they need to stay strong and grow big and bright. Although not as powerful as specific plant fertilizers, this is still an excellent option for you plants to make sure they get everything they need to grow big and strong this spring.
2. Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer
The Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer is an innovative fertilizer which uses a 5-1-1 formulation to provide plants with everything they need to stay strong and grow large and vibrant. Made with all natural ingredients, this fertilizer is certain not to burn or damage you plants, simply provide them with all natural sustenance to keep them healthy and happy.
Simply mix two tablespoons with a gallon of water for every 25 square feet of soil. This fertilizer easily mixes together to provide proper nutrients for all of your plants no matter whether they are inside or out. Deodorized with natural wintergreen, there is no smell with the Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer, making it pleasant to use both in and out of the home as it won’t cause a pungent smell. Available in a large 1 gallon container, this saves you money in the long run as this fertilizer will last.
- Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer has a unique natural ingredient to offer premium fertilization for your plants to keep them healthy and happy.
- With a 5-1-1 formulation, this supports plants best in their growth phases to ensure a high level of root growth and proper stem structure.
- The simple to use mixing formulation is quick and easy so that you can get fertilizing as soon as possible when your plants need it the most.
- The high concentration of the Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer means you won’t be using a lot with every use, saving you money in the long run to look after a large variety of plants.
- The deodorized design eliminates the foul odors which can come with fertilizers making it more pleasant to use indoors and so that you can enjoy your garden even after use.
- Designed to prevent burning and damage to plants, you can rest assured that this fertilizer will not cause any damage to your plants.
- The bottle has been reported several times to leak which can be messy and smelly if not noticed right away.
- The smell is still quite strong when the fish element starts to decompose which can make it very unpleasant to be around.
- This smell can also last for days which can make it unsuitable for use in the house and unpleasant to be in the garden.
- The top of the bottle has also been known to come off which can cause the product to leak.
An odd yet innovative addition to our guide is the Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer. This fertilizer is composed to dead fish which is then emulsified to allow the nutrients to enter the soil around the plants. The main drawback of this fertilizer is the smell as it is incredibly strong and unpleasant to be around. This makes it very difficult to use the fertilizer close up or on days where you want to enjoy the garden. However, it is one of the best quality fertilizers to help your plants grow.
The unique nutrients keep your plants healthy and happy as they grow tall and strong with plenty of support and sustenance ass they grow. Simple to use and highly cost effective, this fertilizer will save you money in the long run as you won’t use much of it and the powerful fertilizer will get to work straight away.
If you are looking for something a little different to get your plants to grow to the level you dream of, the Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer is worth a try. It may be smelly, but it is incredibly powerful and offers you everything your plants need to be vibrant and healthy this spring.
3. Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract
Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract is designed to optimize soil ecology to provide proper support for your plants and increase fertilizer utility to increase plant and produce growth. Containing beneficial microbes, essential micronutrients and humic acid, this liquid fertilizer has everything your plants need for healthy growth. The added kelp boosts the soil microbial population and helps to suppress disease so that your plants stay healthy and protected their entire growth cycle. Kelp is believed to be an excellent source of plant growth hormones, so you know that you are providing the best growth supplement for your plants when you use this liquid fertilizer.
Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract uses a 4 ounce to 1 gallon of water ratio, which is incredibly good value for money and this liquid fertilizer will last you a long time. Great for increasing nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium absorption, this is one of the most effective liquid fertilizers on the market. Each of these nutrients is specially designed to be bioavailable to ensure a greater uptake and provide your plants with the nutrients it needs most. Available in three different sizes, you can find the right amount to feed all of your plants with ease.
- Completely organic, you can be sure that this liquid fertilizer won’t burn your plants and supports growth the natural way, no chemicals in sight.
- Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract improves the soil ecology to provide proper support and sustenance for your plants.
- This fertilizer also increases fertilizer absorption to ensure your plants are getting everything they need to grow big and beautiful.
- With plenty of beneficial ingredients, Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract feeds your plant with premium ingredients to boost growth.
- The added kelp ingredient helps to boost the microbial population in the soil and suppresses disease to help protect your plants and increase longevity.
- With a high concentration, this fertilizer is incredibly good value for money.
- Perfect for use with other fertilizers so that you can boost the three essential nutrients provided for your plants.
- Available in many different sizes, you are sure to find enough fertilizer to suit your garden, no matter how big.
- Only needed every other week, this is a very low maintenance fertilizer for your garden plants.
- With a shelf life of four years, you can buy now and use for the future, saving you money.
- This fertilizer is not suited for more demanding pants such as soft fruits or tropical flowers.
- The smell of this fertilizer is quite strong and can be unpleasant to be around for long periods of time.
If you are looking for a high quality, high value liquid fertilizer, then Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract is the one for you. This fertilizer is not only a great source of bioavailable nitrogen, potassium and phosphate, it also contains kelp, which is believed to be a source of plant growth hormone. This provides your plant with everything it needs to grow large and healthy all year round.
The high concentration and four year shelf life means a little goes a long way. You can purchase this now and have fertilizer for your plants for years to come, depending on your garden size of course. Suitable for a huge range of plants, fruits and vegetables, there is no need to purchase many different fertilizers for your garden. You only need the Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract to provide your garden with premium support, enhanced microbial availability and protection from disease, making this one of the best liquid fertilizers on the market.
Liquid Fertilizer vs Granular Fertilizer
- Easier to blend and apply as you simply add it to water
- Feeds immediately
- Provides a uniform application across the plant base
- Generally higher value for money as it has a higher concentration of fertilizer
- Can be used at all times of the growing season
- Mobilizes phosphorus to ensure your plant gets the nutrients it needs
- Can be blended with crop protecting products to ensure plant stability and health
- Generally more expensive to adapt tools to liquid fertilizer when gardening on a larger scale
- Requires multiple applications throughout the year
- Can become volatile and you may lose product
- May settle or separate when stored for long periods of time
- Can have a stronger smell than granule fertilizer
- Easier to store
- More stable in cold temperatures and doesn’t ‘salt out’, separate or settle
- Granules are slow release to allow crops to feed for longer periods of time between fertilization
- Much more efficient at the growing stages to feed young saplings
- Easier to apply
- May only need one or two applications during the year
- Generally there is no smell
- High salt content and chemical coatings can burn the plants and roots will grow away from nutrients
- Cannot mobilize phosphorus which may leave your plant lacking in nutrients
- Each granule holds a non-uniform amount of nutrients making it difficult to ensure that your plants receive even coverage
- More expensive in general and a lower value for money.
- May burn plants which can cause irreparable damage
Overall, there are many pros and cons to both liquid and granular fertilizer. It really depends on the kinds of plants you are growing and the preference of the gardener as to the style of application to make sure you are getting a fertilizer which suits your needs.
Is Liquid Fertilizer Better Solution for Your Plants Compared to Granular One?
Knowing the right kind of fertilizer is half the battle of achieving the perfect garden. You may be wondering what the best fertilizer is for your plants to make sure that your giving them the best support. Liquid and granular fertilizers are both great options, but which one is really the best for your garden?
Liquid fertilizers have become increasingly popular recently. They can be applied in many different ways and in combination with other products to ensure greater stability and protection for your plants. They are also much more consistent across the application area to provide all plants the same level of nutrients and minerals. Minerals are also available to your plants immediately and are better mobilized due to the combination with water, providing your plants everything they need straight away and this can produce quicker results than granular fertilizers.
Liquid fertilizers are also easier to apply as you simply add them to water and are generally inexpensive because you get many applications out of one bottle.
One of the main drawbacks to liquid fertilizers is that they need to be applied several times across the year as they do not allow for slow release. They are also less stable than granular options when stored and this can mean you lose out on product if the fertilizer settles or separates. This can be annoying for those who don’t have larger gardens and are unlikely to use the whole bottle in a shorter space of time.
There is no recommended solution in terms of fertilizer. Ultimately, it comes down to the preference of the gardener. If you want to ensure your plants get the nutrients they need immediately and want to use your fertilizer with other products, then liquid fertilizers are the ones for you. However, if you want a slightly lower maintenance option, then granular fertilizers will offer you just that.
That’s all we have for information on liquid fertilizers. Fertilizers are the perfect way to support your plant growth and boost the overall vitality of your garden this year. With growing season on its way in the spring, now is the time to be considering which fertilizer is the best for your plants to make sure you’re prepared to get out in the garden when the snow thaws.
Each of the options on our guide have their benefits to ensure your beloved plants get everything they need. The TeaDrops Organic Plant Food is a great option for those looking for value and easy of use, but if you’re looking for something a little more powerful, we highly recomment the Great Big Plants Natural Compost Extract. However, if you’re looking for something a little more experimental for your plants, the Alaska Fish Emulsion Fertilizer might be smelly, but you just can’t beat the results it produces.
We hope that we have helped you to find the right fertilizer for your plants to make sure that you garden stays fit and healthy. All three of the products in this guide have excellent results for a wide range of plants to make sure your garden grows at its best this year. We here at Surf’n’Buy are passionate about plants and know that you want the best for your garden. We thank you for trusting us with all your liquid fertilizer needs and hope to see you in another guide for your next gardening quest.