If you love getting out on the trails, you know the impact that mountain biking can have on your hands. The shock of a tricky terrain and the vibration of the rocks can be touch, making your muscles ache and your hands much more susceptible to injury. Real professionals know just how important it is to protect the hands from these dangers so they they can increase their longevity and be out on the trails as much as possible. If you are looking for a new pair of padded mountain biking gloves, Surf’n’Buy have got you covered. We have some of the best padded mountain biking gloves in 2020 so you can get out on the trails with premium protection.
Top 3 Padded Mountain Bike Gloves
1. Fox Racing Dirtpaw Men’s Race Gloves
The stretch polyester material of the Fox Racing Dirtpaw Men’s Race Gloves is both durable and form fitting to give you the least amount of grip loss when you’re out on the trails. This protects your hands from scrapes and falls without reducing the amount of feel you have on the handlebars. The clarino padding gives supreme flexibility whilst reducing vibrations and absorbing shock to keep your hands protected on long trips and on tougher terrains. This makes sure you don’t suffer from muscle fatigue or leave yourself susceptible to injury.
The neoprene cuff and hook and loop wrist clasp allows you to decide how tight you want the glove to fit and adjust the level of support you want to achieve with your racing gloves. The silicone fingertips increase the grip you have on the handlebars, making it easier to navigate tighter corners and difficult maneuvers.
- The neoprene fingers and stretch polyester keeps your hands and fingers protected from scrapes and crashes, reducing your risk of injury.
- The silicon fingertips increase your level of grip, helping you to maintain a strong hold on the handle bars and reducing the loss of maneuverability experienced without natural grip.
- The hook and loop cuff allows you to change the tightness of your gloves to either increase support or allow for more airflow to the hands.
- The Clarino padding is flexible enough to allow your hands to move comfortably whilst also reducing fatigue, vibration and shock which can lead to muscle aches and long-term injury.
- The sizes of the Fox Racing Dirtpaw Men’s Race Gloves can run slightly small, so this is important to keep in mind when purchasing.
- There is no built in ventilation in these gloves which can make hands get slightly sweaty in the summer or during long rides, which can also reduce grip.
- The Velcro on the wrist is slightly weak and can come loose during the ride, which may cause a slip and can be irritating to constantly fix.
- Stretch polyester can be slightly restricting, so you may not have as much flexibility as you would like with these gloves and they can limit your movement.
If you are just getting started with racing and need a pair of gloves that won’t break the bank, the Fox Racing Dirtpaw Men’s Race Gloves are a great first option to get you started. With premium levels of comfort and grip, you can reduce your risk of fatigue and injury without spending too much. The main drawback is that you may have to replace these gloves with an option which allows for more ventilation as your cycles get longer.
This will reduce discomfort from overheating and slipping caused by sweaty hands. You may also find yourself wanting a little more flexibility from your gloves with a fabric such as lycra. However, all in all, these gloves are a great option for beginners as they offer you everything you need to get started and really get out on the trails.
2. INBIKE Gel Padded Cycling Gloves
The INBIKE Gel Padded Cycling Gloves are fingerless gloves which give you optimum protection whilst offering you a natural grip, which is best for more experienced cyclists. The high elastic lycra and knitted mesh fabric give you a natural feel whilst still protecting your hands and allowing for breathability on long cycles, which is essential if it’s a hot day. The extra padding thickens these gloves to give a high level of shock absorption and a reduction of vibration which keeps your hands free from fatigue and pain so that you can relax into the ride.
With an outer layer of terrycloth, you can easily wipe sweat from your brow to cool off and keep your face dry, as sweat can be distracting on a difficult trail. This fabric is also highly durable to make sure that these gloves are built to last as long as you are. The hook and loop fastener gives you the control as to how tight your gloves are so that you can receive just the right level of support and insulation with these gloves.
- Fingerless gloves are a great option for those who like a natural grip on the handlebars but still ne the protection and comfort offered by cycling gloves.
- The high elastic lycra clings to the hands to keep a low profile so that you will barely notice them when you’re out on the bike.
- With a high level of shock absorption and reduction of vibration, these gloves are perfect for the professional who likes to get out on the most difficult to navigate terrains.
- The outer terrycloth layer is highly functional so that you can wipe sweat from your face without sacrificing breathability or comfort.
- The hook and loop fastener keeps you in control of the level of support and the tightness around the wrist so you don’t lose circulation.
- Fingerless gloves are not as suitable for colder climates or use in the winter as your fingers will not get enough insulation from the cold. This can cause them to stiffen and make controlling the bicycle very difficult and very dangerous.
- The Velcro loop fastener is quite large and this can be irritating when trying to bend the wrist.
- The padding is quite thick which can reduce the amount of movement and flexibility you have with the INBIKE Gel Padded Cycling Gloves.
If you are a professional looking for top quality fingerless gloves so that you can really feel the movement of the handlebars, the INBIKE Gel Padded Cycling Gloves is the pair for you. The high level of protection ensures that shock and vibrations wont give you fatigue and the functional terrycloth outer layer gives you the opportunity to keep your brow free from sweat. Although not entirely suitable for colder weather or climates, these gloves are great in the summer to keep hands cool and free from sweat whilst you get to enjoy the challenge of the trails.
3. DuShow Full Finger Cycling Gloves for Women
The polyester spandex blend is the perfect combination of flexible and durable to provide you with a pair of gloves that are made to last, but that you won’t even know are there. The breathable fabrics ensure that your hands don’t overheat so you are comfortable for the entire ride. The thickened palm is made to reduce abrasions and has an anti-shock protection to reduce muscle fatigue and risk of injury. With an anti slippage palm, you also don’t need to worry about any loss of grip when you’re out on the bike.
The thumb, middle and index finger all have the ability to use touch screen devices so you wont have to remove the gloves if you need to use your phone or device for navigation. This means you can continue to use it on the go with the DuShow Full Finger Cycling Gloves for Women. The extended bracers make these gloves much more comfortable as you won’t feel restrained by tight elastic or large Velcro pieces. Suitable for a range of activities, these gloves are perfect for women who want to get out on the trails.
- Touch screen capability in several fingers of the gloves allow you to use any device while you’re out on the bike without having to stop and remove the gloves.
- The unique blend of polyester and spandex is ideal for protection, durability and flexibility to provide you with comfort and support.
- These fabrics are also highly breathable to make sure you are insulated during the cold but cool in the summer to keep your hands at the perfect temperature to reduce muscle cramping and freezing fingers.
- The thickened palm keeps your hands and wrists protected from shock and vibrations which are key contributors to fatigue and injury.
- The anti slip palm increases grip so that you maintain control in the toughest areas of the trail.
- The extended bracers fit the wrist perfectly so there is no need for irritating Velcro and there is no circulation lost with tight elastic.
- The gloves have a useful tab to help you get them on and off.
- The fit of the gloves can be slightly tight, especially around the thumb, which many find irritating.
- The dye of the gloves can sometimes run as your hands get sweaty which can change the appearance of the gloves and stain your hands.
If you are looking for a premium pair of insulating gloves, you can’t get any better than the DuShow Full Finger Cycling Gloves for Women. These gloves are full fingered but allow you to use electronic dvices without an issue. With a high level f protection and comfort, you are free from vibrations and protected from shock to reduce injury and fatigue. Without annoying Velcro, these gloves simply slide on and off and the useful pull tab at the wrist helps to get them on so that you can get going as soon as possible. The anti slip palm increases grip while the unique blend of fabrics keeps these gloves flexible, so you’ll barely even notice you’re wearing them.
Padding and Comfort
Your hands take on a lot of responsibility during mountain biking as they carry a lot of your weight when you’re in the right position. This is why comfort is key to reducing the amount of discomfort and numbness which can come from longer journeys. Padding is the number one way to make sure that your hands don’t get hurt. Padding provides a comforting layer between the handlebars and your hands so they are not against such a tough surface. There are many different kinds of padding to choose from, but the greater the flexibility the better.
Protection comes from a number of different sources. The first is the padding, which reduces the amount of shock and vibration which reaches the hands and bones. The second is in the materials themselves. These materials are designed to withstand crashes and scrapes so that your skin doesn’t get torn and you don’t get injured. Finally, there are a few pairs of gloves which offer wrist protection by supporting the wrists in the right position. This reduces the chances of strain.
Maintenance and Durability
Mountain biking gloves need to be looked after to maintain their durability, but most need to be hand washed so as not to damage the elastic. Wash your gloves in lukewarm water with a mild soap and allow them to dry completely before your next use. However, do not use heat to dry them as this can damage the elastic. Do this regularly and you will find your gloves lasting much longer.
The type of gloves you need really depend on the kind of cyclist you are. If you are more inclined towards a natural grip, a fingerless pair such as the INBIKE Gel Padded Cycling Gloves could be the perfect option for you. However, if you need a little more insulation, the Fox Racing Dirtpaw Men’s Race Gloves and the DuShow Full Finger Cycling Gloves for Women offer great versatility in both warm and cold climates. No matter which gloves you buy, we here at Surf’n’Buy are just glad to have helped you find the right pair for you and hope you enjoy the trails!