A rollator walker can be a huge help as we age, as many of us lose mobility and stability when moving and we may need to take a rest every now and then to reserve our stamina and keep going. Opting for a 4 wheel walker or rollator walker can help you to keep going and get the support that you need so that you can keep living your day to day life without impairment. Rollator walker with seat aren’t just for those who struggle with movement due to aging, they are also useful for those who have suffered injuries that effect walking and moving around. There are many walkers to choose from and each one has different features and specifications that can help to support you in every day life without having to pace yourself and lose out on the things that you enjoy.
Whether you need advanced safety or just something to help you for a month or two, you can find the right option for you on Surf’n’Buy’s list. We have brought you 5 of the best rollator walkers with seats to offer an option for almost anyone when they need a little bit of extra support. We have also developed an in depth guide about how you can find the right 4 wheel walker to suit your needs and find the right product to fully support you. Take a read through our sections so that you can find the right rollator walker and understand what your needs are and how to fill them.
Now, here is Surf’n’Buy’s list of the top 5 rollator walkers with seats in 2019.
Top 5 Rollator Walkers with Seats
1. Carex Rollator Walker
- ROLLING WALKER FOR SENIORS. This 4 wheel walker with wheels moves effortlessly across pavement and grass, making mobility easier than ever. 8" wheels increase maneuverability to navigate rough terrain. Lockable hand brakes provide extra stability
- ADAPTABLE & ADJUSTABLE. Unlike some adult walkers, you can stand OR sit. A padded seat with backrest allows you to sit comfortably when you need to stop for a break. Rollator supports weight up to 250 lbs. and can adjust from 33.75" - 38.75".
- STORAGE AREA. Keep personal items safe and secure in the convenient storage area with three compartments located right under the seat. You can fit a lunchbox, books and even a travel mug all under your seat. No need to leave anything behind!
- FOLDABLE FOR EASY STORAGE. The walker folds up easily for storage and transport. Rolling walker weighs 17.5 lbs and comes with a convenient storage bag when rollator is not in use. No tools are required for assembly.
- CAREX WALKERS FOR SENIORS. Our medical equipment has been around for over 35 years and is known for its durability and affordable prices. Our products are top of the line and make everyday life easier.
The Carex Rollator Walker with a Seat has handbrakes for safety when seated and standing to help as a standing support. There is a storage space for personal items so that there is no need to carry a bag and have your handling impeded. With height adjustable handles between 33.75′ to 38.75′ so that it can be customised to your height for better comfortability. The Carex Rollator folds easily so that it can be placed in a car boot and stored away when at home. The oversized wheels increase manoeuvrability so that you can move with ease and get around tighter corners than other models. The thick padding on the seat of the Carex Rollator increase the comfortability on the seat of the rollator walker much more comfortable for delicate bodies.
- The safety brakes of the Carex Rollator make it much safer for those with limited movement and difficulty standing. With this rollator, you can sit and stand without running the risk of the roller moving.
- The impressive comfortability means that you can use the walker to sit when you get fatigued or need extra space, as the seat is highly padded to make it suitable for frail bones.
- The Carex Rollator is easy to move around, fold and store, making it one of the best options for those who live in smaller housing and need to fold the rollator walker into cars for portability.
- The customisable height allows the Carex Rollator to be used for people of all heights and needs to ensure comfortability and support when using the rollator.
- The storage compartment means that you don’t need extra baggage for personal items and any small groceries.
- The seating is made from a thin plastic and this can rip easily when moving and storing the Carex Rollator. Although this is only cosmetic, it can be an annoyance.
- The brake wires can often get caught on the knobs that customise the height of the walker, which can make the roller difficult to put up properly.
- The screws of the front wheels are not as stable as other options and the wheels can become wobbly and this can be dangerous for those who are not as stable on their feet.
- The seat is slightly higher set than other rollator walkers and this can be difficult for those who are slightly smaller.
- The design of the Carex Rollator is heavy and slightly bulky, making it difficult to take onto public transport.
- The advertised colour is slightly different than the colour of the walker itself.
The Carex Rollator Walker with a Seat is an excellent option for a walker to help support you as you walk and keep you secure as you stand. Those who may need extra support when walking and standing will definitely benefit from the safety breaks and sturdy design, as well as the ease at which you can fold and store the Carex Rollator to save space. With the added seat, you can take a break when on longer walks or in the case of fatigue, as well as on public transport so that you always have what you need on hand to rest. For those who need that little extra support to go through their day then the Carex Rollator is one of the best rollator walkers with seat to try out so that you don’t have to change the way that you live.
2. McKesson Durable 4 Wheel Rollator
- 19 Inch Base Depth
- Loop Locks / Hanging Basket / Removable Backrest / Padded Seat
- 31 to 37 Inch Handle Height
- 16 Inch Inside Grip Width
The McKesson Durable Four Wheel Rollator has a durable padded seat and back rest to create a highly comfortable seat to allow you to stop and rest whenever you may need to. The frame of the rollator walker is made from steel, making it much stronger and more durable to keep you stable and safe as you walk. There as a basket for personal items or shopping to make sure that your hands are free when using the rollator walker. The McKesson Four Wheel Rollator has deluxe loop-locks to make sure the roller does not slip or move when parked. The height of the handles can be adjusted to suit the needs and heights of all users, making it much more comfortable.
- The seat and back rest of the McKesson Four Wheel Rollator are incredibly comfortable and support your back and legs should you need to stop and rest, or use the walker as a seat on public transport.
- The brakes are strong enough to ensure that this rollator will not slip or move when parked, making it perfect for use on public transport or any level of terrain.
- The steel body keeps safe and stable, as well as durable, so that it will stay strong and last longer than other models.
- The adjustable handle height allows you to use it no matter how tall or short you may be.
- The spokes of the wheels are made from plastic and this can snap and break much easier than of they were made from metal, and this causes damage to stop it being useful and needing repaired.
- The basket is set at an odd angle and this can make it difficult to use if you have many objects or a lot of shopping, as the items can fall out if the basket is overloaded.
- The basket is awkward to reach as it is set underneath the seat and the seat doesn’t move, requiring the user to bend down and this can be difficult for those with restricted movement.
- This walker is quite heavy due to the steel body, this makes it difficult to use if you use public transport often, as it is heavy to get on and off without help.
The McKesson Durable Four Wheel Rollator is a sturdy, strong and stable rollator walker that will keep you safe and secure as you walk or sit, as the strong steel body makes sure that you can put your full weight on the frame and still be supported. With adjustable handles, you can make sure that you have a walker that is customised to your needs and specifications to make it much more comfortable. The padded seating and back rest supports you when you need to rest and the double-looped brakes makes sure that the rollator doesn’t move or slip, keeping you safe. Although the body of the McKesson Four Wheel Rollator is heavier than other models, this makes the rollator much more stable and durable so that you have a rollator that will last as long as possible.
3. Healthcare Direct 100RA Steel Rollator Walker
- Steel Relator walker supports up to 350 lbs
- 6 inch wheels. Seat dimensions: 12 x 12 inches
- Comfortable padded seat and backrest allow users to sit if they become tired
- Bag under seat provides additional storage
- Rolling walker weighs 19 lbs and folds flat for easy storage and transportation
The Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker supports up to 350 pounds, so it is suitable for people of all builds and weights without struggling or sacrificing your safety and stability. The 6 inch wheels make the rollator walker much smoother whilst moving and will make turning corners much easier than smaller, slimmer wheels. The padded seat allows users to sit when they are struggling and rest when they are fatigued so that you don’t have to over exert yourself and risk potential injury. The seat is padded to help support you and be comfortable enough for bodies which are slightly more frail. There is a bag underneath the seat to provide you with extra storage space to allow you to keep your hands free and support yourself with both hands without hindrance. The rollator walker weighs only 19 pounds, so it is lightweight and easy to move and store.
- The strong and durable body of the Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker makes it strong enough to cope with higher weights of over 300 pounds, which is ideal for those who struggle with weight issues and need that extra support.
- The thick wheels are much less likely to suffer damage and make walking with this rollator smoother for those who are less stable on their feet.
- The seat is comfortably padded and provides a place for you to rest if you are fatigued, or to double as a seat on public transport so that you don’t have to over exert yourself by standing.
- The extra storage space means that you can free your hands to help you support yourself further.
- The lightweight design makes the Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker perfect for those who need to store or transport the walker.
- The Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker requires some assembly after purchasing and this can be difficult for those who live alone and have restricted mobility.
- This rollator is slightly heavier than other models and this can make it difficult to move and store when needed.
- The seat is rather small, so although the walker is suitable for the larger weight capacity, the seat makes it difficult for people of these weights to sit comfortably in the chair.
- The Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker does not extend as high as other models and this can make it difficult to use for taller users and needs.
- There are no locks to keep the brakes in place so to keep the walker still you must constantly hold the brake handle in position, which can be difficult and a major inconvenience for those with less strength.
The Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker is a high quality rollator walker with seat, produced by a professional Healthcare company, that allows you to get out of the house without worrying about becoming fatigued or struggling to support yourself. The comfortable seat allows you to take a break whenever you need to so that you are not hindered by reduced mobility. The extra storage space means that you don’t have to be weighed down with extra bags and frees up your hands and arms so that you can hold the handles with both hands and stabilise yourself properly. The main issue with the Healthcare Direct 100RA Rollator Walker is that there is no brake lock, so it is not suitable to use on public transport and this can restrict those who do not have the ability or availability or a private vehicle to get around.
4. NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator
- FEATURES: The Vibe 6 (6" wheels) makes a statement with style, gorgeous colors and with the features and reliability of a NOVA. We love all of the Vibe colors, but the signature Purple is exquisite and a fan favorite.
- SEAT & STORAGE: The 2" thick padded seat is comfortable, durable and easy to clean. Seat Dimensions: 13.5"W x 12.5"D. The roomy pouch is great to store and carry personal items - and keep them secure and out of sight. Pouch Dimensions: 14"W x 9"D x 6"H
- SPECIFICATIONS: Approximate user height of 5'4" - 6'1"; Seat height is 22"; Weight Capacity is 300 lb.; Walker weight is 14.75 lb.; Handle height adjustable from 32.25"-36.5"; Width between handles: 18"; Overall dimensions: 24"W x 26.25"D
- WARRANTY: NOVA walkers are built for life and backed by the best service and warranty. The NOVA Vibe has a Lifetime Limited Warranty on the frame and 5 Warranty on the Brakes. Your complete satisfaction is our only goal
- WHEELS & BRAKES: Equipped with 6" rubber wheels with 1" wide base, NOVA's wheels are durable, great for indoor and outdoor use and make the ride smooth and stable. NOVA's patented feather touch hand brakes are uniquely designed for maximum comfort and control. It is easy to engage the brake with a small grip and minimal hand strength. Parking or locking the brakes takes just a gentle push downward on the lever and a pull upwards to release. Our brakes are backed by the best Brake Warranty with a 5 year warranty on all brake parts
The lightweight body (only 16 pounds) of this rollator is easy to use and move around without having to struggle with the weight of the rollator. Each product comes with a warranty on both the frame and the brakes separately so that you are covered for any issues. The durable frame makes the NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. The easy locking handles means that the rollator is stable when you are seated and suitable for use as an extra seat on public transport. The handle height is adjustable, making it suitable for use between 5’4′ and 6’1′. The 6′ wheels make using the rollator walker much more comfortable and smooth. There is a pouch underneath the seat to keep personal items and free your hands from bags. The NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator folds very easily for easy transport and storage. The walker can cope with weights of up to 300 pounds.
- The lightweight body of the NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator makes it easy to use and store.
- It is stable enough to cope with higher weights, making it suitable for those who struggle to maintain healthy weights.
- The adjustable handles make this rollator suitable right up to the height of 6’1′, so it is perfect for almost anyone.
- The thick wheels make the NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator much more stable on rougher terrain.
- This is the best rollator for outdoor use.
- The NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator can be difficult to fold up when storing, which can be a challenge for those who live alone and have minimal mobility and they may struggle.
- The cables can become tangled in the frame when folding and assembling and this can be difficult to solve for those with limited mobility, especially in the hands.
- The soft seat is not as durable as other models and the pleather can scratch and tear easily, causing superficial cosmetic issues.
- The frame causes the seat to be slimmer than other models and this can make it uncomfortable for those of a heavier weight or wider hips.
- The height range starts at 5’4′ and this can be too low for many elderly women.
The NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator is the ideal walker for those who are taller than average, as the range of heights on the adjustable handles make the rollator walker suitable for those up to 6’1′, which is ideal for both men and women. As well as this, the high weight capacity makes the NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator perfect for those who are taller or struggle to maintain a healthy weight. The seat and storage area makes it ideal for those who may need to take an occasional rest and free their hands for optimal support. If you are looking for a top-quality rollator with seat that you can customize to fit your own personality, then the NOVA Medical Product Vibe 6 Rollator is a great option for a great range of needs.
5. Medline Freedom Ultralight 4 Wheel Rollator
- Lightweight aluminum rollator frame supports up to 250 lb, weighs only 11 lbs, and features easy grip brakes for added safety plus 6-inch wheels/casters
- Arms and seat are height adjustable to accommodate users 4'11" to 6'4"
- Combination of padded seat and backrest for added comfort, along with the foldable, lightweight design for hassle-free, compact storage | Easy tool-free assembly
- Convenient removable storage bag under seat with adjustable shoulder strap. Latex free - yes
- Distance between handle: 17 inches | Seat height min./max.: 18 inches - 23 inches | Overall height min./max.: 29 inches - 36 inches
The Medline Freedom Ultralight 4 Wheel Rollator is a extreme lightweight, only 11 pound, making it very easy to use and fold away for storage. The comfortable seat and rounded, padded back rest to fully support you when you need to rest or sit. The seat has a flip up feature and removable pouch for you to store personal items. The handles are adjustable and can be suited for people between 4’11” and 6’4″ so that you can have a walker that will suit your needs no matter your height. The Medline Freedom can support weights of up to 250 pounds, making it suitable for all needs. The easily adjustable handles can be set up when assembling, and changed to suit your needs should they change.
- The ultra lightweight rollator makes it easy to move around, store and fold when needed, suitable for transport and storage in smaller areas.
- The comfortable seat is incredibly well padded to properly support even the frailest of bodies when they need to rest.
- The easily accessible pouch can store personal items and purchases so that your hands are free to support you on the handles of your rollator walker.
- The adjustable handles encompass a larger range of heights so that you can adjust the Medline Freedom Ultralight 4 Wheel Rollator to suit your needs perfectly and comfortably.
- It supports a wide range of weights as well as heights, so it can be used by anyone with any need.
- Back wheels can become loose easily and require maintenance to keep them maintained and the walker stable.
- The Medline Freedom can be difficult to collapse and store if you have limited mobility.
- The rollator must be assembled after purchasing and this is not easy for someone who lives alone and has more limited mobility.
- It’s not suitable for large people.
The final product on our list is the Medline Freedom Ultralight 4 Wheel Rollator, another medically developed 4 wheel walker with seat that is suitable for those who really struggle to get around by themselves. The stiffer wheels, heavy duty frame and strong brakes are ideal for those who struggle to walk by themselves and need extra support. The Medline Freedom Ultralight 4 Wheel Rollator is the perfect option for those who need extra help and a support when sitting down.
Quality vs Cheap Rollator Walker
There are many ways to decipher what rollator walkers with seat are of better quality than others, and for those who need the extra support you must be careful to find a quality product that will be able to sustain their weight and give them the support that they need. This part of our guide has explained five features of a rollator walker that will help you separate the quality rollator from the cheap walkers so that you can find the right option for you or your loved one.
The materials of the rollator are an important part of the walker and its stability. The stronger the materials the more support it can provide, the lighter they are the easier the walker will be when using and folding in order to store it. The best materials are a lightweight but durable metal such as aluminium, as these are strong enough to support the weight but still lightweight enough to be easily portable and stored away when the rollator is not in use. Thick rubber wheels are also useful when using the rollator out and about, as they will take any bumps without becoming unstable.
The brakes of the walker are incredibly important. They should be light enough that they are usable with limited strength in the hand but strong enough to stop the walker from moving when the brakes are in use. Many of the higher quality 4 wheel walkers will have brake locks that allow you to keep the rollator walker still and not have to hold onto the brakes, and this makes these walkers suitable to use as a support on public transport and irregular terrain.
Most rollators will have an adjustability in the handles so that you can change the height to best suit the person using the walker and allow them to lean on the walker comfortably. It can be difficult to find a walker that is suitable for very tall people or very small people, so the wider the range of heights on the walker, the better quality it will be and the more likely you are to find the right height and walker for your needs or the needs of your loved one. Higher quality 4 wheel walker will be very easy to adjust the height of.
The higher quality rollator will have a seat attached or build into the frame of the walker. This seat may be hard or padded, but higher quality rollator walkers will have some kind of padding for comfortability and proper support for frailer bodies. Even higher quality walkers will have a back rest or support to fully support you when you sit or need a rest. This is useful for those who struggle walking or long periods of time and may need support to regain and maintain their energy to keep going.
If you need more support from your rollator then you may not want to have a bag or any shopping in your hands when using the walker that could hinder your ability to use the walker properly. Higher quality rollator will offer you a storage space for any shopping and personal items so that you do not have to carry them and you can use both hand with the 4 wheel walker. These storage spaces can come as a basket, side bag with cup holder, or area underneath the seat and the choice is really down to the preference of the user.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing the Best Rollator
There are a number of things to consider when purchasing a rollator with a seat and a number of reasons you may be purchasing one, so it important to find a walker to best suit its purpose. This part of our guide gives you some of the factors that you need to think about before purchasing a 4 wheel walker with seat in order to get the right option for your needs or the needs of a loved one.
Needs of the User
Different users need different things, and there are a number of areas within this factor that you should explore in order to find the right product to suit the purpose of the walker that you need.
Older walker users will need the walker to be as stable as possible, as their frailty can change what they are capable of and the support that they need. The more frail the user is, the more support they will need in the form of stronger and more stable wheels and comfortable handles so that they can lean on the walker without it hurting their hands and blistering.
The height of the user is also important, as this will determine how high the handles will need to be for the user to lean on the rollator comfortably and receive full support. Most walkers will have adjustable handles that allow the height to be changed, but they will have minimum and maximum heights. You should keep this in mind when purchasing a 4 wheel walker with a seat as you will need a product that will fit the height needs of the user so that you can get them the best support when walking and standing.
The energy levels of the user change the features and specifications of the needs of the user. Weaker users will need more features to support them if they need to stop and sit or stand in order to carry on. If the user gets fatigued often then they will also need features such as a comfortable seat and locking brakes so that they can stop and rest whenever they need to, or so that the rollator walker with seat can be used as an extra seat on public transport. This is best for those who suffer from fatigue when out and about and need to be able to stop whenever they get tired.
The weaker the user is the more support they will need and this is dependent on durability, locking brakes and the degrees of the wheels. If the user is weaker then they will need locking brakes so that they don’t have to hold onto the handles when stopped, durable and strong metal frames and stationary back wheels so that they user is fully supported when using the rollator walker with seat and reducing the risk of any slips or falls. If the user is stronger then you can go for an option that allows more manoeuvrability.
The manoeuvrability of the 4 wheel walker changes how much support the rollator walker with seat can give and the ease at which the user will be able to turn corners and move around smaller areas. If the user is weaker then it is suggested that they use an option with stationary back wheels so that there is more stability when moving around, however this can make it difficult to move tight corners and is not recommended for smaller housing and for use around tight corners. These are important considerations to take when purchasing a rollator as you will need different things depending on movement and space.
Length of Time Needed
There are many different uses for a walker and this changes the amount of time that you may need the walker. If you are only using the rollator for a short period of time, for a leg injury for example, then you will need a less sophisticated rollator than if you may need the rollator walker with seat on a long term basis. For those using the walker for restricted movement and on a long term basis will need many more features than for a temporary injury.
The price of the 4 wheel walker is one of the most important considerations, as you should always form a budget before any major purchase. If you are only using the rollator on a short term basis then you will not need an expensive option, you can simply buy a rollator to help you move around and get from A to B. However if you are planning to use the rollator on a long term basis then it can be helpful to purchase an option with the features that will help you get around, support you, and give you relief when you become tired.
Best 4 Wheel Walker Brands
There are many brands that offer 4 wheel walkers, both with medical backing and without, so that you are sure to find a brand that will give you an option that will best suit you. Each brand offers a number of different features and warranties to give you the best deal and give you the best value for money with your walker. This part of our guide brings you five of the best brands that will give you the best options and products to help support you when walking and moving around.
At the top of our list is NOVA Medical, one of the highest rated medical aid manufacturers currently on the market. They provide a huge range of medical products and furniture with the aim of making life easier for those with limited mobility and difficulties in the home, helping you to maintain your independence and live a normal life. Established over 20 years ago, NOVA Medical has an excellent reputation for quality and reliability, so you know you are purchasing from a brand that you can trust.
Another company backed by medical and healthcare professionals is Healthcare Direct. Established in 1993, Healthcare Direct has a stunning reputation and focuses on developing a number of disposable medical equipment, medical aid products and dental healthcare products to help support you in all aspects of your health and wellbeing. All of Healthcare Direct’s products are carefully tested and quality assured to give you peace of mind that you or your loved one will have all of the support that they need to live happy, healthy and independent lives without any risk of damage or breaking from the product.
Carex are a huge sanitation and healthcare company that provides you with the things that you need to live a healthy, happy and independent life. With everything from soaps and disinfectants to rollator walkers and wheel chairs, Carex have developed a plethora of products to help support you in the home and keep you as healthy as possible. All products are carefully developed and rigorously tested to ensure that they are of top quality and will give you what you need to carry on with life as normal. With such a brilliant reputation behind the company, we are sure that you will receive a product that will suit your needs perfectly.
Drive Medical is a medically developed company that is trusted by a number of healthcare professionals and clinics across the world. With products suited for home based care and within healthcare clinics and hospitals also, Drive Medical are sure to offer you a rollator walker that will last and support you in the areas that you need, so that you can maintain your independence and be fully supported in your needs and in your home. Their extended warranties give you plenty of time to get used to your product and cover you for any potential damages.
Invacare is a professional company that produces products specifically for those who are less able and need disability support within the home and when out and about to help them live normal and independent lives. Based in the UK, Invacare exports their products across the world to healthcare professionals, hospitals and for use in the home to support those who need. With over 100 years of experience, Invacare has one of the best reputations in disabled and assisted care products and you can be sure that you are receiving the best product for you or your loved one.
Finding the Best Rollator Walker to Suit Your Needs
There are many types of walkers and rollators that help you to walk and move with the support that you need and it can be difficult to tell what features you need so that you can be properly supported and get everything that you need to live your life as normally as possible. This part of our guide has developed a few ways that you can find the right rollator walker with seat to suit your needs and find the product that will properly support you.
Most rollators will hold weights of up to 250 and 300 pounds, which is plenty for most users. However, if you suffer from certain hormonal and health issues, your weight can go up and make it difficult to maintain. If you suffer from these issues then you will need a rollator that will accommodate these needs so that you can live your life as normally as possible. Make sure that you take your weight and any weight related health issues into consideration before you choose the product that is best for you.
Your height is also an important consideration as many 4 wheel walkers will have adjustable heights so that you can get the proper support from your walker. If the handle are too low, the user will have to lean forward and risk losing balance, too high and the arms will be at an uncomfortable angle. To determine the perfect height of the walker, measure from the crease of the risk to the floor, this is the optimum height for your walker in order to get the best support for your needs to carry out your day as normal.
One of the key aspects of the rollator is the wheels and their width changes the uses of the walker. Most walkers have wheels between 4 and 6 inches, and these are suitable for indoor and outdoor use on the road or the street. If you plan to use the rollator in the yard or when out for walks then you will need a larger wheel between 6 and 8 inches to keep you safe and steady on uneven and loose terrain. Make sure you know what type of terrain you will most likely be walking on in order to get the right support.
There are three main types of walking aids: walker, rolling walker and a rollator walker or a 4 wheel walker. Walker has four legs and needs to be lifted for movement; rolling walkers have only two wheels at the front of the walker and rollators have four wheels. This guide focuses mainly on the latter, and some products have stationary back wheels and other options have wheels that turn 360 degrees. If you live in a smaller home then you will need a rollator walker that will turn 360 degrees so that you can turn around smaller and tighter corners. If you need more support then a rollator with stationary wheels will add an extra support.
If you suffer from fatigue or easily become tired when out and about, there are many walkers that can help you by providing a seating area for you to use when you get tired, or to serve as an extra seat on public transport so that you are never without a seat. There are options with a back rest and padding for you to get the support that you need when you sit, which is ideal for those who are slightly weaker and more frail.
If you are planning to use the walker as a seat then you will need brakes that lock so that you don’t have to have a continuous hold on them. For those who have weaker hands there are options with stronger brakes that accommodate weaker hands. To judge what brakes you will need then you should take into consideration any issues you have with your hands, such as arthritis and weak muscles, as this will tell you what features the walker can have to accommodate your need so that the brakes of the walker keep you safe and secure.
Tips and Tricks
As with all of our guides, Surf’n’Buy like to give you all of the possible information that we can give you so that you get the best product and get the most from it. This section is full of tips and tricks that will help you to make the most out of your money after you’ve purchased the 4 wheel walker with seat so that you get the most out of it and have the best support possible. Take a read through our tips and tricks and hopefully they will help you get everything that you want and need out of your new rollator.
Check the Measurements
There are a number of measurements that you need to take into consideration when purchasing a rollator, as you need to find an option that will suit you properly and fit your needs. To find the right height, you should measure from the crease of the wrist to the floor to find the perfect height for correct support. You should also check how wide the rollator is to make sure that it fits through the doorways of your home.
Stay Within the Walker
Rollators are designed with four legs and an external frame so that it is able to support you from all angles, but this means that you need to stay within the frame in order to get the right amount of support. If you use the frame outside of the usage area then you risk the walker slipping or tipping and you could lose the support you need. It is always recommended to stay within the supported are so that you don’t lose balance and run the risk of falling and injuring yourself as a result.
Keep the Walker Close
Keeping the walker close helps to stabilise it rather than making you lean forward too far into the frame. Leaning forward in this way can cause you to lose balance and fall, resulting in an injury, or cause injury or pain in the back, aggravating any previous issues which may exist already. Keeping the walker closer to the belly when possible allows you to lean on the walker fully and keep your balance and have the support you need without risking any other issues that can come from improper posture and use of the walker, helping you to avoid injury.
Almost all walkers come with hand grips to make the handles more comfortable as you lean on and use the walker. This can help to prevent issues such as pain in the wrists and blistering which can occur from the frequent leaning on the rollator. Purchasing extra grips with more cushioned padding can help to ease the discomfort caused by frequent leaning on the grips already provided by the rollator and help to make using your rollator much more comfortable and stable if you are using it on a long term basis.
Practice Makes Perfect
Practicing with your rollator before going out onto the street or road is the best way to assure your safety. As with any walking aid you should always practice within the safety of your home, preferable with a family member present to ensure that you are safe and will be caught in the case of any slips or falls. Once you feel ready to walk on the road or the street then you can start going out into the street and on the roads, but make sure you have your confidence first to limit the chance of any falls or injuries.
There are a number of accessories which can help improve the overall comfortability and stability of the walker, which is especially useful for those who are planning to use the 4 wheel walker on a long term basis. Accessories such as travel bag, extra comfort grips, stabilising clip on wheels and extra storage space can all help to make using the walker much more safe and comfortable in the long term. Take a look at all of the accessories that you can use for your rollator to help find the features that will help you best.
We hope that this Surf’n’Buy’s guide has helped you to find all of the information that you need to know about finding a new rollator with a seat that will support you both at home and in the streets and give you the best products on the market that will offer you the everything you need. We understand how difficult it can be to find the right product, especially if it is for medical and physical aid, as there are many features and specifications that can change how a piece of medical aid can help and support you throughout your day to day life.
We have developed our helpful guide in this area with the aim of taking away some of the confusion that can come with a purchase in this area and so that you can make the choice of a new rollator in the comfort of your own home. We have carefully researched the information that we give to you to assure its accuracy and give you everything that you need to make a full and informed choice, as well as fit the rollator with your needs and preferences. We have also provided a list of the five best rollator walkers with seats currently available so that you may find a product to best suit your needs.
We take a lot of time in developing our guides and we hope that this one helps you to find the perfect 4 wheel walker, whether it be for long term or short term use. We hope that we can help you with any purchases in the future, as we have plenty of guides already and are constantly developing more guides to help you with any and all major purchases. Hopefully this guide has helped you and we look forward to helping you with more purchases in the future.