The winter snow is fun for some but when you need to get from A to B, driving can be dangerous. If you need to continue driving your vehicle this winter, you need to install tire chains to ensure your safety when you’re out in the car. Finding the right chains for your pick up is essential so you can keep doing business without worrying about the weather.
Surf’n’Buy understand that you don’t want to let the weather get in the way of your business and that you need to find snow chains for your pick up so you can keep working all winter long. We have found three of the best snow chains on the market which require little readjustments as you drive so you can keep going all winter. These chains have a high maximum speed so you can get to work quickly and safely. These products offer innovative features for easy installation and adjustment as well as a lightweight design so you can keep them in the trunk in case of emergency.
We hope that this guide helps you to find the right tire chains for your needs to ensure you have total security when you’re doing business.
Top 3 Snow Chains for Pickup
1. Peerless 0232805
The Peerless 0232805 snow chains provide automatic tightening and centering ratchets to make installation quick and easy so there is no need for extensive adjustments to your tires. This means there is no need to stop and retighten as the chains will do this themselves. These snow chains are also easy to remove when the weather gets warmer and they’re not necessary anymore. The diamond patter cross chains provide more traction as well as a smoother ride so you won’t even notice they’re on your tires as you drive.
At only 15 pounds, you can keep these chains in the pick up without worrying about adhering to weight limits. The compact design also allows you to keep the chains in the truck in case of emergency. Simply connect the inside cable and attach the two outside self tighteners and you can get on the road. These tire chains also meet class S clearance on SUVs and pickup trucks as well as normal cars so that you can use these tires on any vehicle.
Made from durable manganese alloy steel which makes them durable, shorter and lighter than conventional cross chain designs. This also increases the surface area in contact with the road to provide a better reliability.
- The automatic tightening ratchets give automatic tightening and centering so installation is quick and easy.
- Removal is also easy with these snow tires so there is no need to struggle to get them on and off.
- The diamond pattern cross chains offer more traction and a smoother ride for comfort and stability.
- Eliminate the need for stopping to retighten with these snow chains.
- The lightweight and compact design allow you to keep the chains in the truck to keep you secure in case you get caught short.
- The durable manganese steel makes these tire chains much more durable and reliable in colder temperatures.
- This chain design is also shorter and lighter than other options to reduce fly offs during operation.
- With a higher contact surface on the road, these tire chains are much more efficient than other options on the market.
- These tires are not suited for speeds of over 30 miles per hour.
- Some customers have said that these tires will not be as durable for an entire winter as the ratcheting mechanism can break on some of the connections.
- Some of the connections are made with plastic which reduces the durability, especially in the cold.
If you are looking for high quality snow chains for your truck or SUV, the Peerless 0232805 snow chains offer incredibly easy use and automatic adjustability so that you can simply install these snow chains and get on your way. With a high contact area on the road, you have greater stability and security whilst the lightweight and compact design means you can simply keep your chains in the trunk and use them when you need them. To remove them, simply open the connections and pull them off the tires for quick and easy installation and removal.
2. Security Chain ZT747
The Security Chain ZT747 have a built in rubber tensioner so there is no need to stop and retighten after installation, you can just keep driving. These chains are also incredibly easy to install so you can get going as soon as possible. With better all around traction increase performance and are much more stable than traditional tire chains as well as providing greater durability so they are built to last the entire winter with a low risk of damage to the vehicle.
These tires are also compatible with anti lock breaks, traction controls and all wheel drives so that you can use these tire chains with any electronically controlled monitoring systems. With class S clearance, these tire chains are also suitable for vehicles with limited clearance. The lightweight design doesn’t add any weight to the tires and allows you to keep these tire chains in the trunk to keep you safe when you’re caught short.
- The built in rubber tensioner maintains the tension to reduce the need for readjustments after you’ve installed the snow tires.
- The ease of installation makes attaching these snow tires quick and easy.
- The Security Chain ZT747 offers better traction than most traditional tire chains to increase security and stability.
- Built to last, these tire chains will last all winter, year after year.
- Compatible with any electronic monitoring systems, you can use the Security Chain ZT747 with any vehicle.
- S clearance allows you to use these tire chains with a range of cars, SUVs and trucks.
- These tires also minimize damage to the vehicle so that there is no risk of harming the vehicle or the tires.
- At only 15 pounds, these tire chains won’t add any weight to your vehicle and are compact enough to keep stored in the trunk in case of emergency.
- The installation can be a little tricky to get used to as it requires a lot of precision and patience in order to get it right.
- The rubber tensioner needs to be at an ambient temperature to adjust properly as they get very stiff when in the cold.
- The gloves provided with these tire chains are not of the highest quality so you may want to consider buying a better quality pair as the ones provided have a habit of tearing.
- The chains can get tangled when stored and will need untangling before use which can be tricky and time consuming.
The Security Chain ZT747 are a high quality set of tire chains that feature rubber tighteners to reduce the need for readjustments when you’re out on the road. Quick and easy to install, you can get out on the road as soon as possible. The S clearance makes these tires chains suitable for almost any vehicle so you can secure your vehicle in any weather conditions. The lightweight design is easy to move and store so that you can keep them on hand whenever you need them to keep yourself safe during the harshest of winters.
3. Security Chain QG3829
The Security Chain QG3829 are the lightest tire chains on the market without sacrificing quality and security, making them ideal for keeping them in trunk to ensure your safety in harsh winters. The Quick Grip wide base link chain increases the contact surface with the road to give you the best traction and keep your vehicle safe from skids and slips. These tire chains offer high performance on corners and better breaking and starting controls to ensure security no matter what roads you’re driving on.
These tire chains are suitable for light trucks and SUVs so you can use them with a range of vehicles. The high level of durability assures your safety all winter long. Easy to install and remove, you can get on the road quickly and remove them when they’re not needed.
- At only 5 pounds, the Security Chain QG3829 are the lightest tire chains in this guide, making them the perfect option for those who have little space in the trunk.
- The innovative Quick Grip wide base increases contact with the road to ensure a high level of security and traction even when the road is slippy.
- Suitable for a wide range of vehicles, you can use these tire chains with almost any car or truck to keep your vehicle safe in the winder.
- These wheel chains are also highly durable to guarantee that you have a set of high quality tire chains that will last throughout the winter.
- With a high level of security when breaking, starting and turning, these tire chains are suitable for all kinds of roads and terrains to keep you safe and secure.
- The ease of installation gets you on the road as quickly as possible and removing these chains is just as easy.
- The Security Chain QG3829 can be difficult to put on in the cold.
- These chains do not come with instructions and this can make it difficult to attach the first few times until you get used to the installation process.
- These tire chains do not come with a tightener, so you will need to purchase one at an extra cost.
- There is no automatic tightening function so you will need to readjust these chains as you drive which can be time consuming and difficult in the cold.
- The V bar design does not offer as much surface contact with the road as the diamond design options which are available in this guide.
When looking for a high value tire chain, the Security Chain QG3829 is an excellent option for your vehicle, suitable for both an SUV and a truck. Quick and easy installation with a high performance on almost all kinds of road, these tire chains are perfect for those who need to get on the road quickly and keep their vehicle safe and secure. The lightweight design makes these chains perfect to keep in the trunk during the winter so you never get caught short. Although there is no tightener included, the high quality of these tire chains more than makes up for it.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Snow Chains for Pickup
When buying snow tires for a pickup, there are many different factors to consider to make sure that you get the right option for your vehicle. Below are five of the most important factors to consider when you’re buying snow chains to get the right chains for your vehicle.
Specifications for Your Car
The make of your car or truck will need different classes of tire chains. This information will be in the owners manual of your vehicle so make sure to consult this before you buy any tires to make sure you get the right ones. If you use a chain type which is not suitable for your vehicle you risk damaging the wheels, suspension or breaks, so it’s vital that you get the right kind for your vehicle.
The best tire chains are rated Class S, and all of the tire chains in this guide are classed S to ensure the highest quality. These are sized for average front-wheel drive cars and lower ground clearances so they are suitable for a wider range of vehicle. Other classes are for vehicles with a higher ground clearance, so using these may damage the different elements of your car.
Size of Your Tires
Tire chains are not a one size fits all kind of deal. They are very specific to the tire size and you need to make sure you get an option which is right for your vehicle. If you get one that is too big, you risk damaging your vehicle and losing traction. Get one that is too small and you won’t be able to install it onto your wheels. Again, the information you need will be in the owners manual so make sure to consult this before you buy.
Chains or Cables
Most cars and small trucks are not suitable for use with cables but some are. If your vehicle can be used with cables, this will be in the owners manual. Cables attach differently to chains and cannot be used interchangeably so you need to make sure that you buy the right gripping mechanism for your vehicle.
Tire chains will have a maximum speed rating they can support and if you go above this speed, you may as well not be using tire chains at all. Make sure to check the maximum speed limit with the tire chains you are looking to buy and stick to it, otherwise you will be putting yourself in danger. A higher speed rating doesn’t necessarily make a tire chain better, so don’t be fooled by advertisers who lead with a high speed rating to hide a low quality tire rating as this could lead you to buying a low quality chain.
Snow tires are essential in the winter to keep you safe and secure when you’re out on the road and the snow is coming down. No matter what you’re looking for, these products will keep your pick up stable in the snow and ice so that you can keep doing business as usual. For a lightweight option for light use, the Security Chain QG3829 is the perfect option, weighing only five pounds and being incredibly easy to install and adjust. This makes this tire chain a great option for those who need to stay under a certain weight limit.
If you need something that is low maintenance and doesn’t need constant readjustment, the Peerless 0232805 tire chains and the Security Chain ZT747 offer automatic tighteners so you don’t have to keep stopping to readjust. This makes it much faster to get from A to B as you won’t have to keep stopping to ensure the tire chains are tight enough to provide the security and stability that you need when out in the snow. All of these tire chains are Class S so that they can be added to any vehicle without damaging the tire, suspension or breaks and providing the best security for your vehicle.
We hope that these tire chains offer the perfect option for your vehicle, whether it’s an SUV or a truck, even if you are looking for tire chains for a car. This makes these tire chains versatile and highly adaptable. The Surf’n’Buy team hope these options offer you the right tire chain for your vehicle so that you can get out on the road no matter the weather. Keep them in the trunk for peace of mind that you are covered in case of emergency when the weather turns cold and you need a little extra traction.