Check Surf’n’Buy’s list of the top 8 best table saws in 2019.
Top 8 Table Saws
1. DEWALT DW745 10-Inch Compact Job-Site Table Saw
Are you in the market for a powerful, durable and consistent table saw that is not only portable but is designed for use just about anywhere? The DEWALT DW745 is an excellent choice. Weighing just 45 pounds, it’s easy to move around and set up for quick cutting jobs. This table saw features among other things a modern site-pro Modular Guarding System that has an adjustable setup for use on specific cuts, and it combines a portable design with a 15-amp motor with a very effective 20-inch rip capacity. This DEWALT saw also comes with a push stick, meter gauge, blade guards, and a 24-tooth carbide blade that will get your project finished in no-time. Cool, huh?
High performance: The inclusion of a high-torque motor (15-amp), the DEWALT table saw promises to deliver more power than you actually need for some of your tougher jobs such as cutting through hardwood. The 10-inch blade spins at 3,850 rpm (no-load speed) to give you quick, effective cuts regardless of the application. Site-pro Modular Guarding System: By allowing the user tool-free adjustment, DEWALT offers significant versatility, making it possible to set up the saw for a variety of applications in very little time. The saw’s high rip capacity is made possible by DEWALT’s unique fence configuration which enables the 20-inch rip and pinion fence rails are also included to ease the adjustment process, all leading to a fast and smooth rack and pinion set up.
Aside from the powerful rip capacity, the saw also promises a cut depth of 3- 1/8 inches at a 90 degree angle, and 2-1/4 inches at a 45 degree angle. The surface of the table is also coated for better cut quality overall and lesser friction. To give it better durability and a sturdier setup, a metal roll cage base is included in place of the usual plastic bases. Portability: One of the major selling points for the DEWALT table saw is the weight of the product, just 45 pounds. Reduced weight means that users can move it easily from the workshop to the worksite, and also included in the on-board storage design is easy access to the push stick and guarding components.
This table saw comes with a standard DEWALT warranty package; a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and also a three-month money back guarantee. Each box includes: DW745 10-inch table saw; Miter gauge; Push stick; 10-inch 24-tooth carbide blade; Blade guard.
- Rip capacity – The telescoping design is what makes it possible for the rails to move out, facilitating the higher rip capacity. It can be retracted for a smaller, compact design that is easy to transport.
- Portability– The saw only weighs 45 pounds, which is a reasonable weight for when you have to move it from one worksite to another and back to the workshop. It snaps together very easily and the design and configuration also facilitate easy transportation due to a small, compact design.
- High-torque motor – The 15 amp high-torque motor is made specifically for your tougher projects (such as cutting through pressure-treated lumber) and with a no-load speed of 3,850 rpm, users can expect great results for every application.
- Lash-back or back-lash – The fence skews a little when you move it to the left because a connecting rod between the two gears flexes, resulting in some ‘slop’ or ‘play’ in the gears. But there is a workaround; just go past the mark or an inch to the left, and roll the knob back carefully right back to the mark making sure not to overshoot.
- Slight flaw – Some users have complained of the table, which in some instances hasn’t come out perfectly flat. While this doesn’t affect performance, it does make it a challenge to rip or crosscut accurately.
- Might ship with bad alignment – This will make it impossible to cut a straight line. One solution is to fix it by shimming, or alternatively just have them replace it.
While the DEWALT DW745 Table Saw may present one or two user-challenges, it packs up nicely as a small, compact and powerful table saw for use at home and as a contracting tool. Compared to similar products on the market, it stands out as an excellent purchase.
2. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
The DEWALT DEW7491RS is a jobsite table saw that is made for quick setups and easy breakdown and it promises good stability regardless of the task, which is important both for home users and professional contractors as well. This table saw comes with a higher rip capacity (32 degree inch rip) and is set to cut easily through larger shelving and trim materials: however it has a patented material support that allows the saw to be used for narrower rip cuts. The DWE7491RS table saw also features a rack and pinion fence system for quick and accurate assembly.
Another DEWALT table saw on Surf’n’Buy’s list? Why not! DEWALT is a major player in the manufacturing of industrial tools and accessories, and the company has an extensive service and repair network across North America. DEWALT manufactures saws, drills, generators, saw blades, hammers, routers, plate joiners, compressors, masonry drill bits, and a lot more. All tools and accessories are accessible both nationally and internationally through official dealers.
Functionality: The complete unit includes a 15 amp motor that easily rips through tough hardwood, and a flip-over ripping fence makes it possible to cut through very narrow rips. Also, users can cut through 3- 1/8 inch depth at a 90 degree angle and 2- ‘inch at 45 degree. Manufacturers included a 2-inch dust collection port that connects to a vacuum for convenient dust extraction, ensuring a clean work area.
Portability: For portability, the telescoping fence rail extends when in use, and retracts nicely to make a small portable package. The accompanying rolling stand comes with excellent stability, and it features big heavy duty wheels that can roll over large curbs, steps, and jobsite debris. It’s made easy to set up and breakdown and the 26- ‘ inch X 22 inch table is good for providing material support. The unit also features an onboard storage system designed to provide quick access to the push stick and components in the site-pro guard when not in use.
What’s in the box: Jobsite Table Saw; Rolling stand; Push stick; 10-inch 24-tooth carbide blade; Miter gauge
- Hardwood floor installers ripping floor boards
- Trim carpenters: ripping and cross cutting, wainscoting, ripping moldings, ripping framing lumber
- Cabinet installers ripping floor boards
- Remodelers ripping framing lumber (4 feet X 8 feet sheet material)
- Rolling stand: It’s easy to set up and breakdown and it adds to stability.
- 32 degree inch rip capacity can cut through a variety of larger trim and shelving materials.
- Upgrades: This model comes with significant upgrades compared with the previously successful 744/745 series saws, one of which is a 4,800 rpm no-load blade speed (a significant boost from the previous 3,850 rpm). Other notable upgrades include the slightly larger dust port and a much-improved rolling stand system.
- Might ship with slanted table top: this will yield inaccurate cuts. It doesn’t affect all the products but it is a reported problem on the manufacturer’s part, and parts can be replaced easily through official dealers.
- Quality control: although not a major issue, some products have been shipped with notable scratches and finish on the saw.
- Rather costly: it is a highly rated brand but also one of the most expensive in the market for a portable table saw.
When compared to other big names (Bosch and the like) the vast majority of users find DEWALT to be the more appealing brand. In terms of the features, the DWE7491RS covers all the main areas and presents a powerful package wrapped in a rather small and compact device. However a few challenges in application (inaccurate lines due to tilted table top) and some of the more obvious quality control issues such as scratched top or paint finish on the saw all these can make it easy to detract from the main facts. The DEWALT DWE7491RS Table Saw is a powerful and durable portable saw with easy application for home lobbyists, sizing materials, ripping and cross cutting, framing lumber, etc. A few drawbacks on the part of the manufacturer haven’t cancelled it out as one of the most reliable portable saws on the market.
3. DEWALT DWE7480XA 10-Inch Compact Job Site Table Saw
The DWE7480XA is a successor to the DeWalt DW745, which is a well-respected job site table saw in use across the country and the world by thousands of home owners, builders and carpenters. As with most respected table saws, this one comes with good power, good fence system, and fine usability and safety (but not perfect). The DWE7480XA ships with an optional stand and it features a site-pro modular guarding system to facilitate tool free adjustments of all guarding components that you need for your project. A 15 amp 4,800 rpm motor cuts through even the toughest hardwood with relative ease, and a heavy-duty table holds your workspace neatly with a stand that can fold flat for storage.
DEWALT DWE7480XA (10-inch) compact jobsite table saw includes rack and pinion fence rails that enable the user to make easy adjustments for smoother and quicker cuts. A 24- degree inch rip gives accurate cuts on a variety of materials both larger shelving material and trim. As expected, the unit includes a site-pro modular guarding system that is meant to facilitate free adjustments of the included guarding components.
To improve cut quality, DWE7480XA also has 24-tooth carbide blade that enhances blade life. Also, users can adjust the blade 0 – 45 degree when performing bevel applications. When using the saw on uneven work surfaces, you can manipulate the adjustable rear feet to find a good balance and throw in table coating to minimize friction for a smoother cut. To reduce clean up, the unit also packs a 2- degree inch vacuum component that fits into a dust port. Other similar table saw models have used plastic roll cage which may be cheaper but isn’t nearly as durable as metal. DEWALT DWE7480XA uses a metal roll cage and an on-board storage unit that provides the user easy access to a variety of site-pro guard tools and components, and also the push stick.
One of the most crucial features on the DEWALT DWE7480XA is the stand, which is constructed with heavy-duty tube steel to make improve its durability. To secure the saw stand, use the support bar hardware included. There are holes that you can fit the stand into for a sturdy and reliable work stand. Also, the stand will fold easily for transport: the DEWALT DWE7480XA comes in two packages, one for the table saw and its components, and another for the stand.
What’s in the box: Hardware bag; Miter gauge; Blade guard; 10-inch carbide blade; Push stick;
Specs include: 24-inch rip capacity; Quick and easy adjustment thanks to a good rack and pinion telescoping fence; Site-pro modular guarding system; 4,800 (15 amp) motor that cuts through hardwood easily; Heavy-duty table saw stand that can fold flat for moving and storage
Site-pro guarding system: This is meant to give the user tool-free adjustment, which saves time. Adjustments can be made quickly for each task without stopping to use specific tools.
Stand: A heavy-duty table saw stand secures the work area and adds to safety. Also the stand folds quite easily when you’re moving to/from a work area or when putting the unit in storage.
Rack and pinion telescoping/ fence design. This is what makes it possible to get fast and accurate cuts regardless of the application. The fence design is unique, versatile and intelligent.
Usability issue: it’s a challenge to switch between rip and crosscut configurations particularly when using a sled for crosscuts. One may have to move the riving knife up and down more than is necessary.
Usability issue: The DEWALT DWE7480XA doesn’t have a T-track for the miter gauge which is the standard. Instead it has a flat-track which can make it difficult to keep the miter gauge in place. When working with pieces more than 6 inches in width, it can pop out of place when you try to cross cut.
Added costs: because the unit doesn’t include dado capability, it can cost you more to set up the entire unit for full operation.
As with most table saws in this category, the DEWALT DWE7480XA Table Saw packs all the expected features including good power and a fence system that is meant to be an improvement from its predecessor. While DEWALT offers some of the best portable saws on the market, for some DIY’ers and especially users who rely on the saw for most of their jobs, a few small drawbacks on the unit can present major issues on application.
4. Bosch 4100-10 10-Inch Worksite Table Saw
This model is slightly pricier than other table saws on Surf’n’Buy’s list but it does offer a few improvements for the money. One of the features is a 2 step folding saw, which is relatively easy to set up, as even a kid could work it. The wheels are not as large as they should be for moving the unit through steps or curbs, but regardless, the engineers at Bosch did a fine job on the 4100.
The Bosch 4100 comes with several new features and enhancements that make the unit a unique, precise and durable table saw. Among the new features is an industry-first modular smart guard system, a durable sub-base that includes carry handles, and the Bosch SquareLock rip fence. These features make the Bosch 4100 particularly useful for carpenters and DIY homeowners. The addition of unique design features make the 4100 ideal for efficient and accurate cutting that allows users to deliver products quicker. Also the portable build allows for easy transfer across different terrain and quick setup on any worksite.
Easy setup and portability: By using the original and patented Gravity-Rise Stand technology, Bosch manufacturers made sure that users have an easy time setting up and dismantling the unit for different applications. The entire unit is extremely portable, as the 8-inch wheels can move through normal terrains with relative ease. A collapsible design makes it possible to store the unit in small spaces, which also enhances transportation to and from a worksite. The stand weighs less than 60 pounds and is designed with durability in mind, sporting a unique powder-coat finish that adds longevity.
Precision cutting: A powerful 15 amp 10′ table saw can yield up to 4HP and 3,650 rpm for very clean cuts. Also, the tool also comes with Constant Electronics and soft-start which adds to power management and consistent speed yield when under load. To make bevel cuts, users have access to a 5/8 inch arbor size which is also compatible with a variety of blades and can make cuts between -2 and 47 degree. Spacious cutting table: The 25 inches wide table is made with aluminum for added durability. A clever rip fence is designed to glide right across the cutting table with total ease when performing one-handed operations, and it locks in place to help with cut precision.
What’s in the box: Bosh 10′ Worksite Table Saw; TS3000 Gravity-Rise table saw stand; SquareLock rip fence; Smart Guard; T-slot miter gauge
First-of-its-class Smart Guard System: This is a unique tool-free design that adds protection and high visibility essential for the user when making cuts and it also prevents blade contact or kickback. This optimal line of sight and added protection are a major plus for the 4100 as it improves two of the most important features: usability and safety.
- Quick setup: Most users have come to expect some ease with the setup process, and the Bosch 4100 doesn’t disappoint. Bosch uses patented technology (i.e., Gravity-Rise) to make sure users have an easy time setting up the work area and dismantling it for transportation or storage.
- Precision cutting: The saw generates up to 3,650 rpm, which gives you very clean cuts across the board. Also, two added features: Constant Response and soft-start electronics make the speed constant under load, and they enhance power management.
- Wider cuts: The 4100 allows you to cut table handles stock over 20 inches wide. The square tabletop has a 25-inch rip that provides an added width of over 40 inches.
- Quality issues: For some carpenters and other professionals, the top blade isn’t of utmost quality. It should be noted that some of these quality issues are random and may not appear in 100 purchases but if you come across a faulty blade or any other essential component, contact the manufacturer’s customer care specialists for quick assistance.
- Instructions are a bit wordy. It may not affect the experienced user but for new users it may present a challenge.
- Cost: The unit costs a significant amount more than its counterparts however the added features make it a good purchase overall.
The Bosch 4100 is a good purchase for a reliable tool and considering the Smart Guard System and a few other enhancements that make it more precise when measuring, you can be assured that the blade will give you better products and allow you to work through a larger batch faster. This makes it ideal for regular users or for when you need to complete a project quickly.
5. Skil 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw
The Skil 3410 is made for a variety of minor projects around the home but when purchasing, pay attention to the features because it provides only a fraction of what your high-end table saw comes with. If you’re looking to make exquisite furniture then this wouldn’t be the most ideal purchase but for simple jobs it works just fine.
Some of the safety features include anti-kickback pawls, blade guard, riving knife and push stick. The whole unit is very portable so you can set up a work area quite fast, and after going through the instruction manual (this is recommended); you should be able to resolve any minor adjustment issues. For instance the adjustment nut itself often comes too tight, preventing a smooth flow for the fence; but this can be fixed by loosening the nut.
Buyers who get disappointed with this purchase often expect the same quality or features such as those found in rival brands Bosch and DeWalt. The purchase should be made after having considered all the features and the needs of your job. High-capacity projects may require a stronger and more powerful model. However with its price range you can expect some level of work to be done provided you’re not trying to create a work-of-art.
- Self-aligning rip fence that improves measurements
- Heavy-duty steel stand
- Cuts through 3-degree inch
- Aluminum table 20 x 32-inches
The larger table allows users to take on larger projects around the house and a self-aligning rip fence reduces labor and gives better accuracy. What’s in the box: 10-inch table saw; Heavy-duty steel folding stand; Blade wrenches; Carbide-tooth blade; Miter gauge; Self-aligning rip fence
Although user feedback is mixed as to the benefits and drawbacks of the Skil 3410, you get the feeling the best person for this product is one who requires very little from it. The fence appears rigid enough throughout the length and there aren’t any explicit deflections from the square when you clamp down. The read out is also clear and the table is made with cast aluminum allow, which would most likely break before bending on impact.
- It goes for less than half your premium table saw brand, but it can cut through simple furniture projects in the house.
- The table is larger at 20 x 32” and will allow the user to work on larger pieces.
- After aligning all the pieces using the instructions on the user manual, it runs smoothly.
- Miter gauge: This can be sloppy and the slots used aren’t standard. It’s not a major problem but it can cause concern when making intricate cuts.
- Quality control: Mistakes and misalignments are common on this model.
- Okay for hobbyists, but not ideal for someone who needs it to make a living.
The users get what they pay for and complex projects or consistent use are not guaranteed for this model. However when performing occasional furniture jobs around the house, the Skil 3410 Table Saw is a worthy tool.
6. Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw
The Bosch GTS1031 is designed with portability and durability in mind. The full unit comes with a very lightweight base and one-handed carry that adds balance. Also included in in this model is the modern modular blade that uses Bosch’s Smart Guard System and SquareLock rip that adds to accuracy.
Alignments are right on the money for this powerful table saw and most users appreciate how all the essential components pack up nicely under the table. The unit doesn’t come with the highest-quality miter gauge, but you can expect to do quite a bit of work with it. The blade cuts really well when crosscutting and ripping, and if you want to cut plywood, it will give you great results not entirely perfect, but not below-standard.
Balance and mobility – The single-handle carry design means the Bosch GTS1031 was made with portability in mind. Transportation is made easier with the design and soft-grip handle, and with dual-side handles users have an easier time loading the saw into a truck or when setting up a work platform.
Tough build – The base build is designed to take years of jobsite abuse. By using all-steel, manufacturers hope to make the saw hold up against regular impact and intense heavy-duty jobs. The table is spacious and can store the push stick, meter gauge, wrenches and the rip fence; which are all placed under the table for added protection during storage and transport.
Smart Guard technology saves time – To save time, manufacturers made sure the modular blade guard attaches and detaches in milliseconds, and to enhance control when cutting, the riving knife and rawls are used. A 5,000 rpm no-load motor and 5/8 inch arbor size can cut through larger stock and sheet.
Improved cuts for reliable output – Bosch decided to include the SquareLock Rip to help minimize waste by increasing cutting accuracy and maximizing output. Included are a T-slot miter gauge and auxiliary fence slots, both of which give this saw above-average accuracy for most projects. It glides along the rail and can be operated with one hand, with quick mechanism and a lock that secures the fence into place.
When shipped, the unit comes with the blade parallel to the miter-slots and the fence parallel to the blade. For improved accuracy, the vertical axis has a 90 degree setting that you can measure with your square to make sure it’s perfect. The same goes for the dial-indicator; use the square to measure it and find out if it tilts to one side, even by the smallest margin.
The lever can misalign the fence when jammed down so be gentle when grabbing at both ends. To seal it, safely lift and press down the locking lever twice to make certain the front part registers as it should to the front fence. Because of the near-perfect alignment, Bosch’s GTS1031 doesn’t present the annoying kickback; however the unit does include anti-kickback pawls.
- Balance and mobility: The single-carry design makes it perfect for moving around and easy to store.
- Smart Guard System reduces the time it takes to attach and detach the blade, and the user gets better control thanks to the riving knife and rawls.
- A tool-free dust chute is included on the back for easy maintenance.
- Like many table saws on the market today, the miter gauge can appear sloppy and inaccurate, but there are workarounds.
- It is very noisy, although some users get over it within a few hours of operation.
- Provides good cuts but still not the perfect saw for a professional or a contractor who needs to do premium cuts.
Overall it’s a good product. Bosch appear to have focused their efforts on creating a smart and intuitive design feature, however the power plug is slightly smaller than expected, and so any tugging will yank it out of the outlet. Some users may prefer a hand-wheel for angle adjustment. Also, the lever adjustment works fine for 45 degree angles but the rest of the angles don’t have a definitive stop. To operate, you may have to loosen the lever and move the carriage slightly as to aim at the markings, and then lock it in place. Nevertheless, this Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw is great tool.
7. Skil 3601-02 Flooring Saw
The Skil 3601 drops the dual on-off switch for a single lever switch that users can operate using the thumb. The 3601 is very easy to operate but it takes a lot of space in storage. For a lot of hobbyists, this purchase won’t lead to regular projects, but instead a one-time woodwork assignment and then the saw goes into storage indefinitely. You can flip over the blade to make easier angle cuts on flooring. To cut angles on molding, you may have to so in only one direction since one side of molding is curved. It was designed mostly for angles, not molding.
Do you need to install new flooring? The Skil 3601 is great for miter and rip cuts especially in solid hardwood, and laminate flooring. Users who’ve had to run back and forth outside to make small cuts on table saw or other miter can appreciate the 3601 because you can now do all right in the same room. It also comes in a sturdy and compact design which allows DIY’ers to store and transport easily.
The unit comes in a lightweight design which is easy to take to your project location. The cross, miter and rip cuts allows users to work through solid hardwood, engineered and laminate flooring. The miter gauge detents at 0 degree, 22- degree, and at 45 degree, which allows you flexibility when performing a variety of cuts.
What’s in the box: 3601-02 Skil Flooring Saw; Aluminum fence; Contractor saw blade 36-carbide tipped teeth; Vertical workpiece clamp; Dust bag
It’s perfect for when you want to use a miter, perform table saw cuts or embark on your flooring project. This saw can do all that for you and it costs about half the price of a premium table saw. Overall it’s a decent purchase but there are a few drawbacks: for instance the time you spend switching between cross cuts and rip cuts takes a while, and the guides should have had quicker setup (such as can be found in a table saw) but for the price, the manufacturers may have been considering basic functionality as the major factor.
- Makes solid cuts, can do engineered and laminate flooring with relative ease
- Lightweight for easy transport and use on a variety of projects
- Durable aluminum miter and rip fence
- Not a premium product, however it’s good for the price range
- Takes too long to go from cross cuts to rip cuts
- The glide bard will rust rather quickly when left in a wet or damp environment
The Skil 3601-02 Flooring Sawis a good product for your average flooring project. Most users agree it makes wood flooring much easier and quicker, and it’s popular among many DIY’ers. For users who want a simply solution for home flooring, this is an excellent purchase.
8. DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Table Saw
Power and flexibility: The DEWALT DWE7490X promises convenience and flexibility with an added feature: a scissor stand that makes it possible to set up a worksite just about anywhere. Fence adjustments are made more accurate thanks to the top-of-the-line rack and telescoping rails. This saw can be used to cut narrow rips with a rip capacity of 28 inches that easily cuts through all manner of large shelving and trim material.
Also included are a 15 amp torque motor that has enough power to cut hardwood and pressure-treated lumber. The DWE7490X cuts to a depth of 3- 1/8 inches at a 90 degree angle and 2- ‘inches at a 45 degree angle. A standard site-pro modular guarding system is included for tool-free adjustment of accompanying components as you go about each application.
To minimize clean-up, a 2 inch dust collection port is included and it connects to a vacuum for dust extraction. The full unit includes board storage and it gives users convenient site pro guarding mechanism and fast access to the push stick when not in use. The table measures 26- ‘ x 22 inches and provides good material support for most common DIY projects as well as the more professional projects.
Most users have come to expect high quality from DEWALT; this is a premium product. All accessories are available nationally and internationally wherever you purchase the saw, and with over 1,000 authorized dealers, DEWALT guarantees an extensive service and repair network.
What’s in the box: Push stick; Miter gauge; Folding stand; 10-inch 24 tooth carbide blade
Also included in the unit are: 15 amp high torque motor; Pro modular guarding system (this allows users to make; Adjustments without the need for tools); Retractable fence rail that pulls back to create a small, easy-to-transport package
- This model incorporates all the features included in a similar Bosch model plus a few additional features that include rubber feet, a rip capacity of 28-degree inches and a larger portable saw.
- Does well with finish carpentry jobs at a lower price and weight.
- Wonderful fence and excellent cutting (also has more power)
- The blade isn’t always perfect out of the box; it may need some adjusting to make a perfect square before you get to work (although it’s unlikely).
- Quality control: The unit can break down after consistent use. But the good news is DeWalt customer care reps are always ready to assist.
Overall, the DEWALT DWE7490X Table Saw is a good product for most common home furniture projects and it makes a good addition for your tool collection particularly if you have regular projects or expect to make money out of it. Purchase it to cut laminate flooring, subflooring, or for similar works around the home. The meter gauge can wobble out of place but that shouldn’t stop the bulk of your work: just look for a replacement or continue with the measurements if not doing professional cuts. Some adjustments include an adjustable feature that make it fit snugly in the track.
Majority of table saws on sale right now only offer what you pay for. Are you planning to spend $100 on a premium table or flooring saw? While it may be possible to get a particularly sturdy model without a single scratch on the table or other components, you’re not guaranteed of durability or accuracy and quality of work when you purchase cheaper models. For a carpenter, some of the more expensive DeWalt and Bosh series of saws would make excellent purchase for your tool collection but a few of the other more affordable saws are perfect for individuals whose only interest is to complete one or two minor projects around the home.