When you’re out on a road trip, it is important that your tires are in top working order. A tire gauge can make all the difference to ensure that your tires are the right pressure for high performance. There are many different pressure gauges available and each offers different features which can be incredibly helpful and make using the pressure gauge much easier.
Surf’n’Buy have found three of the best pressure gauges on the market, both digital and non-digital, so that you can get everything you need and have a pressure gauge that is easy and efficient to use. If you are looking for a pressure gauge for your tires, peruse this guide to find all of the information you need so that you can confidently buy online and receive the best quality tire pressure gauge.
Top 3 Tire Pressure Gauges
1. ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge
Made from corrosion resistant brass with a quality bronze bourdon tube, the ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge ensures a high quality pressure gauge with ensures accuracy in all temperatures, all levels of humidity and varying altitudes. The precision movement runs smoothly and reads the pressure clearly and accurately. The easy to read dial provides a reading of 1 pressure unit per square inch increments so you have the accurate information you need.
The ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge also offers a stainless deflator tool so that you can run down any tire with the same unit to save space and time. With a protective canvas pouch, you can keep this pressure gauge safe and transport it easily, as well as store any accessories or special nozzles in the same place. Weighing less than one pound, you can easily move and store this pressure gauge in the car so that you always have it on hand.
- The corrosion resistant brass reduced wear and tear throughout the life of this pressure gauge to ensure you have a high quality, reliable product.
- Capable of withstanding a variety of different environments, you can use this pressure gauge no matter the temperature, altitude or humidity level without losing accuracy.
- With high precision, this is a pressure gauge that you can rely on.
- The easy to read dial is perfect for any user so that you always have a clear pressure reading.
- This pressure gauge also includes a deflator tool so you can use this pressure gauge when pumping a tire or deflating it for storage.
- The protective canvas pouch keeps everything safe and in the same place so that there is no worry about losing spare parts or damaging the pressure gauge.
- The lightweight design is easy to transport and keep in the car so you can use this pressure gauge any time, anywhere.
- Using the ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge can be a little tricky as there are a lot of moving parts.
- The accuracy may be a little bit inaccurate with certain kinds of tires.
- The instructions are not very clear and you may struggle to get the pressure gauge to work properly during the first few uses.
- The valve is not angled for easy use and you may need to remove the tire rim in order to use it, which adds extra steps into the process and can be time consuming.
If you are looking for a multi purpose tire pressure gauge which also has a deflation function, the ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge is the product for you. This pressure gauge is highly reliant and durable so that you know you have a pressure gauge that is built to last. The lightweight design stores in the car easily and is quick to transport so that you always have it on hand when you need it most. With a protected canvas pouch, you can keep the gauge safe and store it with the bits and bobs you need to get the job done.
2. JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge
The JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge is designed with a long brass neck and durable rubber hose for ultimate durability and reliability. The HybridFlex leak-proof air hose provides better flexibility, a soft feel and minimal air loss during use. The shock resistant gear style protective guard shields the brass nozzle and feels rugged in the hand for advanced grip and comfortability. The incredibly lightweight design is easy to store in the car for when you need it most.
The built in air bleeder valve reduces the pressure in overinflated tires to ensure the safety of your tires. The 360 degree swivel chuck allows for easy access to the tire valve for a greater ease of use. The large, two inch dial is easy to read and glows in the dark to make using the JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge in the dark even easier. The lock in place feature allows you to maintain a reading until you have gathered the pressure before simply pressing the reset button to move it back to zero.
- The long brass neck and 360 degree swivel chuck makes attaching the pressure gauge to your tires quick and easy.
- The long rubber hose provides great flexibility to make using this pressure gauge much simpler and reduces air loss through the connectors.
- The gear style guard is shock resistant and protects the reading from moving once it has finished. It is also much better for grip and comfortability.
- The built in air bleeder valve reduces the pressure in overinflated tires to make sure you get the right pressure every time.
- The glow in the dark dial freezes the reading and takes away the difficulties of using the pressure gauge in the dark.
- Light and compact, this is the perfect pressure gauge to keep in your vehicle for emergencies.
- The dial only goes up to 100 PSI so may not be suitable for larger tires which require a higher pressure.
- The chuck is only at 45 degrees so is not as convenient as a 90 degree model as attaching the chuck can still be a little bit tricky.
- There is no storage method provided with the JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge which can make keeping nozzles and accessories together difficult if you don’t buy one separately.
- The gauge may not be totally accurate and can be off by a few points which may cause issues with over or under inflating your tire.
For a high quality pressure gauge which is both lightweight and easy to store, the JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge is one to consider. The large, flexible rubber hose and 360 degree swivel neck chuck makes attaching and using this pressure gauge very easy. With a large, glow in the dark display which freezes the reading in place, you can use this pressure gauge in the dark with no issues and won’t struggle to attach the chuck to your tire. The built in air bleeder also allows you to reduce the pressure in over inflated tires to ensure total safety.
3. Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
With Astro’s new AAA battery powered design and simplified battery installation, the Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge offers four times the battery life than a standard digital pressure gauge so that power is never the problem. The 21 inch stainless steel braided hose is highly durable and prevents leaks to ensure high performance and durability. With a high level of accuracy and three different pressure displays, three different pressure displays, you can use the Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge to read KGs, PSI or BAR to give you superior monitoring with your vehicle tires.
The backlit LCD digital screen makes reading easy, even in the dark. The rubber sleeve provides extra comfort and protects the gauge from damage. With a two position lever, you can both deflate and inflate with this pressure gauge. The easy change chuck system simply clips on and off of your tire to give you a quick and accurate reading.
- Powered from standard batteries, you can make sure you always have power in your pressure gauge.
- With four times the battery life than a standard pressure gauge, you can really make your money go further with this pressure gauge.
- Simplified battery installation makes changing the batteries quick and easy so you can keep using your pressure gauge at all times.
- The long, steel braided hose is both durable and flexible to give you greater simplicity and a long lasting pressure gauge.
- With three different pressure units, you can monitor your tires in the way that makes you most comfortable.
- The backlit LCD screen is easy to read, even in the dark so that using this pressure gauge at night is a breeze.
- The high accuracy ensures you get the right pressure every time.
- The two position lever makes changing from deflation to inflation easy.
- The easy change chuck system is a clip on system which reduces the complicated use of chucks and screws.
- The braiding can begin to fray if the hose bends sharply which reduces the durability of the hose.
- The plastic facing can be scratched easily which can damage the look of the gauge.
- There is no battery indicator to show when the batteries are running low so you cannot tell when the power will run out.
- There is no male end on the hose connection which may need to be purchased separately or you may struggle to use it with different kinds of tires.
The Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge is a high quality digital pressure gauge which provides you with a long battery life and a high quality pressure gauge which is made with several innovative features to make use quick and easy. The long, durable hose and easy to attach and remove chuck are simple to use and provide you with plenty of flexibility so that you can use this pressure gauge with a large range of tires. The backlit LCD screen is easy to read and gives you three different values of pressure so you can monitor your tire pressure in any form.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Tire Pressure Gauges
When buying a pressure gauge for your tires, there are a number of things to consider to get the right one. There are four main things to look at when you’re looking at when looking to buy a pressure gauge for your tire gauge.
Accuracy is the most important consideration when buying a new pressure gauge for your tires as you need to make sure that your tires are the right pressure to get the right performance. The Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge has the highest accuracy on this guide.
You should be able to get an accurate reading but you also need to be able to read the value easily. Digital readers offer a backlit LCD screen, but the JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge offers a glow in the dark reader for a non-digital option.
Over pressurized tires can be just as dangerous as under pressurized tires. A pressure gauge which allows you to bleed out excess air is essential to make sure that you get the right pressure on your tires.
If you are looking for a pressure gauge and are considering a digital option, the battery life is important. The last thing you want is to run out of battery when you need it most, so battery life is an important consideration when looking for a new pressure gauge.
The ARB ARB505 Tire Pressure Gauge, the JACO ElitePro Tire Pressure Gauge and the Astro 3018 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge are three excellent options for tire gauges that we here at Surf’n’Buy highly recommend. Safety is essential when you’re out on the road and a pressure gauge helps you to keep your tires working at their best. We hope this Surf’n’Buy guide has helped you find the right pressure gauge for your tires and your needs to make sure your tires are always at their best.