Halloween is a holiday that is fundamental in the US and is a fun time for people of all ages. Witch finger cookies are a Halloween tradition that makes the holiday more fascinating. They are not only famous in school parties but also at home. The secret is to have the delicious cookies look so grotesque but mouth-watering.
How to Make the Creepiest Witch Finger Cookies
The recipe is not rocket science. With the right ingredients, attitude and a clean kitchen, you are set to bake the best cookies on the block. Total preparation time is less than half an hour, and approximately one-and-a-half hours for the finger cookies to be ready.
What Ingredients Will You Need?
- 1 big egg, room temp.
- 1 cup softened butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract or 28 almonds, sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- cup raspberry jam or red gel
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- tsp. fine salt
Make sure you have all your ingredients beforehand. This is to avoid confusion and to make the process fun and short.
Let’s Bake some Frightening Fingers!
Following the directions step by step is the key to perfectly baked goods. Grab your apron and mittens and make these enchanting treats following the guidelines below.
- First off, pre-heating the oven is vital. To do this correctly, put the rack in the oven and set the temperatures to 325 F.
- Next, grease the baking mat with vegetable oil or use your fingers to spread the oil. Alternatively, you can use a silicone baking sheet. Set these to the side and get to mix the ingredients.
- In a standard bowl, combine the dry ingredients; baking powder, salt, and flour. Whisk carefully till all the components have mixed well. Place the container somewhere clean and dry.
- Afterwards, get a separate medium bowl and gather all wet ingredients. Whip the butter and sugar first until the blend is uniform. Use a spatula or electric mixer for better results, and whip for two minutes. Ensuing, add the egg, vanilla and almond extract to the bowl.
- Get the flour you had set aside and add it slowly to the creamy fusion. Whisk continuously till the dough forms then divide into smaller fragments. While the dough becomes more comfortable to handle, clean off dirty utensils to avoid clutter. You can also set the mood by carving out pumpkins or playing some thrilling music. Once the dough has refrigerated, get the mixture and get busy.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the dough. With precision, place the dough between your hands or use a wax sheet.
- Roll the dough to finger-shaped pieces. The pieces should be approximately half an inch wide five inches long. You can use your fingers for inspiration.
- For fingernails, put the almonds on one edge to act as fingertips. Guarantee the nuts have been steadfastly placed to avoid them falling off.
- After that, pick whichever sides of the dough and make horizontal cuts resembling knuckles. At this point, the soon to be cookies should look a lot like fingers.
- Repeat the above steps until there is no dough left.
- Display the finger-looking dough on the baking sheet. Since you had set the oven before, the following guidelines are a walk in the park.
- Bake in the oven for twenty minutes while waiting for the fingers to turn a tad golden in color.
- Lastly, relocate the baked fingers to a stand for cooling.
Getting the Fingertips Right
What are witch fingers if the fingernails are not oozing with blood? Achieving a creepy appearance can be done using raspberry jam or red garnishing dye.
- Get a sizeable saucepan over low heat and thaw out the jam. It should take at most three minutes.
- Remove the almonds on the cookies, smear the melted jam and press the almonds back. Otherwise, dip the respective almond ends in the raspberry jam and place them on the cookies.
If you are using dye, squash a small quantity on the fingertip before placing the almond back.
Each serving is only sixty-eight calories and is rich in protein, carbs, and sodium. Immediately you get this recipe right you will earn bragging rights. Everyone will want a bite of this buttery, fun Halloween treat. Serve with a drink of your choice and enjoy!