This mini lathe is only for DIY model making. It is not suitable for large scale commercial or industrial production. The set up consist of a mini lathe, an adapter and a set of other accessories. It can be used for working on plastic, wood, soft metals such as copper and aluminum. It can also be used for processing hardwood and softwood to create arbitrary shape. T-king(TM) Miniature Metal Lathe Machine is a high speed steel machine for machining soft nonferrous metals and precious metals. The use of intermediate block heightening enables it to be expanded to 50mm diameter range. You can use a 1-6mm collet or three-jack for clamping a workpiece on operation. The transformer has over-voltage, over-current and over temperature-protection for safety purposes.
- Leadscrew– It is a precision screw running through the length of the bed and used to drive the carriage for thread cutting operations and turning. Smaller leadscrews are used within the compound and cross-slide to move the parts for more precise amounts.
- High Speed Steel- A highly resistant Steel alloy used to cut tools like drill bits and lathe bits.
- Faceplate- A metal plate featuring flat face mounted on a lathe spindle for holding irregularly shaped workpiece.
- Cutting tool– Refers to any cutting material used for cutting or removing metal or other materials such as lathe bit, reamer or drill.
- Centre Drill– This is a short and stubby drill which is used for drilling pilot hole and shallow countersank hole.
- Chuck- This is a clamping device used to hold workpiece in the lathe. It can also for holding drills in the tailstock.
- Lathe Bit- Refers to sharpened cutting tool used for removing metal and other materials from a workpiece. Typically, a lathe bit has a square cross-section with one featuring a sharpened tip.
- Carriage Hand wheel- A wheel with handle used for moving the carriage by means of pinion and rack drive.
- Tool post- Holding tool that is mounted on the lathe’s compound unto which the cutting tool is clamped.
- Carriage- Refers to an assembly with the function of moving the toolpost and cutting tools as it moves.
- Compound– Movable platform that can be set to a given angle to the workpiece and used for mounting tool post.
- Hand wheel– As suggested by the name, this is a wheel turned using the hand to move lathe’s component or any other machine tool. It features a handle extended from the front face which facilitates its rapid turning.
- Headstock– Refers to the main casting mounted on the bed’s left end. It serves to main functions of mounting the spindle and housing the spindle change gears.
- Tail stock- Cast iron assembly located at the lathe’s right end can be locked in place or allowed to slide freely. It is used for holding long work in place or mounting drill chuck for drilling into the workpiece’s end.
- Centre line- Imaginary line with that extends form the spindle’s center through the tailstock ram’s center. It represent the lathe’s central axis around which the piecework is rotated.
- Cross Feed– A crank or hand wheel moving through the cross-slide by means of turning the screw.
- Cross-slide Hand wheel- A wheel featuring a handle that is used for moving the cross-slide in and out.
- Shoulder-This the point where the piece sharply changes from one diameter to another diameter.
- Cross Slide- This is a platform which moves perpendicular to the metal lathe’s axis under the cross-slide hand wheel’s control.
- Center gongs- 25mm
- Center distance of 135mm
- Input voltage-12V DC
- Input current- 2A
- Motor speed-20000rev/min
- Processing materials length -135mm.
- Processing materials maximum diameter- 45mm
- Can be used for variety of workpieces
- Features over-voltage and over-temperature protection for safety purposes
- Expandable diameter range
- Only for DIY tool
- Not suitable for industrial production
- Not suitable for hard metals
Many mini lathes don’t offer the multifunction capability. Unlike them the T-king(TM) Mini Metal Lathe allows for that. Its suitable for DIY projects that mostly involve soft nonferrous metals and precious metals.