- 88 semi-weighted keys, 5 rich sounds: piano, electric piano, organ, synth and bass. Battery operation: 6 x D-cell 1.5V batteries.
- Convenient, built-in metronome
- Built-in speakers, Stereo/mono line out jacks, USB MIDI connections.
- AC Power adapter, Sustain Pedal, Batteries, Stand or bench are Sold separately
The Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano offers a range of impressive features and comparative realism. It is one of the best value digital pianos on our list, and offers features that benefit both the beginner player and the more advanced and professional player. No matter what your skill level, the Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano is a great option. The Williams carefully build their pianos to have an impressively realistic feel, size, and tone, so that you know that you are buying a high quality digital piano from a brand that you can trust. Williams offer impressive warranties and offers with each of their digital pianos so that you are covered in the case of any damages or necessary repairs. They offers great products for very competitive prices, and this gives them the edge on a lot of the competition. Unfortunately they are exclusively an American company, and do not ship worldwide.
This digital piano offers the full keyboard in realistic sizing so that you can get used to the feel of a realistic keyboard. It have semi-weighted keys to offer you a realistic playing style that rivals many other keyboard models. The Legato has velocity functions so that you can play much more expressively and develop proper technique. It offers five voices to choose from to create different styles of music and has a 32-note polyphony foe expressive play. This piano offers a split feature so that players can use two voices at once for a depth of play. It comes with a sustain pedal to allow you to play much more expressively. This is the best portable digital piano for the pianist on the move; it weighs only 19 pounds. The Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano offers speaker connectivity so that you can use the piano for performances with a band and orchestra.
- It is a low priced, high quality digital piano with a great level of realism.
- The velocity functions and semi-weighted keys allow beginner players to create a realistic playing style and good technique to make their skills transferrable.
- The 32-note polyphony allows you to play 32 notes at one time for more expressive playing styles.
- It is very lightweight and extremely portable, so it can be moved around the house with ease, or it can be used as a performance and gig piano.
- The affordable price makes this digital piano a great option for the beginner player who does need an extensive range of features, or for those who are on more of a budget.
- The Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano comes with a sustain pedal and allows you to play much more expressive pieces than other options on the market.
- It has a removable music stand, making it much easier to store, whilst also offering a place for music books and devices.
- It can be run on both a power adapter and batteries so that you can play it when there are no electricity plugs, as well as where there are some available.
- The Legato has a built in metronome, which is incredibly useful to help beginners build their sense of rhythm.
- It offers connectivity to devices and apps to help your practice and improve.
- The Legato does not have fully weighted keys, and this can affect the realism of the piano, and reduce how transferrable the playing skill is later on in your piano career.
- The keys are not textured, this makes the piano feel more like a keyboard and can cause fingers to slip during longer periods of play.
- The Williams Legato 88-Key Digital Piano does not come with a power chord, and this needs to be bought separately at an extra cost.
- It doesn’t offer as many voices and clever features as other digital pianos on our list and this can restrict the playing options for different styles of music.
- The sounds of the notes are not as realistic and rich as other digital pianos.
- Multiple power options
- Not very realistic
- Power chord not provided
- Not as many features
The Williams Pianos: Legato III 88-Key Digital Piano is a fantastic digital piano that is available at a very comparative price. This piano offers a range of features and realistically designed elements so that beginners can improve their technique and gain a proper skill set that will be transferrable later in their piano careers. The main drawback to the Legato is that the keys are not fully weighted and they are not textured, and this can affect the realism and the playing technique in the long run.
However, this still a brilliant option in the digital piano market, and offers you a brilliant and versatile product that can be moved and transported in order to use it as a gigging piano or a band piano. Williams offer a full warranty with their products, so you know that you will be fully covered in the case of any issues and repairs that may be necessary in the future.