- 76 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch Technology allow for expressive performances
- Nearly 500 Voices, 160 Preset Styles, and 30 preset songs with a built-in Recording Feature
- Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) is an advanced set of helpful learning tools built into the instrument, teaching you how to play and perform
- USB connectivity and compatibility with music software on your computer
- Keyboard Only - AA Batteries or PA150 Power Adapter required (sold separately, best used with Polaroid AA batteries)
The Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano is a great digital piano for the performer or DJ who needs an extensive keyboard in order to create and produce your own music. This is also a good option for a beginner pianist, as it offers Yamaha’s unique teaching software, Yamaha Education Suite (Y.E.S.) that is interactive with the piano. If you are looking for an option that is a very versatile and great value, then the Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano could really be perfect for you.
Yamaha is one of the most well know and most trusted brands in the electronics industry. They have been established for many years and have developed themselves an incredible reputation for quality and value in each and every one of their products. Yamaha specialise in acoustic pianos, and their concert pianos are world renowned in reputation. More recently Yamaha have pushed into the digital piano market.
This is a 76-key keyboard that is suitable for professional DJs and performers. The Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano has a backlit LCD panel, lights, pitch bend wheel, and 6-track sequencer, all of which allows you to develop and record your own music. It is lightweight and highly portable. The USB and ROM connectivity allows you to save and take your music wherever you are. The YPG-235 has touch sensitive keys to offer a more expressive level of play – there are 30 in built songs and 70 more available on a CD-ROM. It offers an interactive lesson system to help beginners learn the instrument.
The Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano is stereo sampled to a grand piano for a realistic sound. With over 500 voices it offer a huge range of options and opportunity to customise and create your own music. Weighs around 35 pounds. It has strong internal speakers so that you can perform without the need of extra speakers.
- This is perfect digital piano for DJs and performers, as it offers a great number of features that help you to customise your music and create your own style.
- The impressive number of voices allows you to play many genres of music, as well as create your own music in any style.
- The recording capabilities means that you can create your own music and record it, then take your music with you through digital devices, which is handy when you are a DJ or performer.
- The Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano carries a realistic sound so that you can create beautiful music that is true to the piece and sounds exactly as it should.
- This is a very versatile piano that is suitable for all abilities and levels of skill.
- The touch sensitivity allows you to play in a much more expressive and detailed way, paying attention to each note of the piece in order to develop proper technique.
- The unique teaching element is perfect for beginners in order to develop proper finger technique and skill.
- The Yamaha YPG-235 does not offer a full keyboard, and his can be an issue for the more advanced player or for those who want to play more complex pieces and duets, as this restricts the player.
- The keys have been noted to make an audible click when played, and this can be an annoying distraction for those who are trying to learn or play the piano.
- The keys are not textured or weighted, and this hugely reduces the realism of the piano.
- The reduced realism makes it very difficult for beginners to learn the proper technique and skill set that they would with other models, and this can mean that they are not able to play an acoustic piano as well as the Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano if they should choose to in the future.
- It is not very loud when played through headphones, and this can be an annoyance if you wish to play the piano privately in order to practice properly.
- Great for beginners
- Great price
- Not a full keyboard
- Clicky keyboard
With nearly 500 voices, 160 preset styles, 30 preset songs and a built-in recording feature, the Yamaha YPG-235 76-Key Portable Grand Piano is a great digital piano for performance and development of your own music and your own musical style. The value is incomparable, and is perfect for piano players who are constantly on the move. It is also great for beginners, as it allows you to learn as you play with Yamaha’s interactive learning system.